JW Research

JW Research Employee Reviews in Vancouver, BC

They do not pay the commission, but they help you with if you need to apply for BCPNP. The manager is nice, but this type of sales is either do it or you're out.
Pros
Support with BCPNP
Cons
no real commission
The management definitely needs to change the manner in which they treat their employees. This role had minimum room for professional development and the company has a huge turnover rate.
Pros
Cons
everything
I used to go to every Canadian Tire store in Vancouver and Burnaby. Customers from different cultures and countries used to come there and shop. I interacted with most of them and sold triangle MasterCard
“Nice company to work with, great learning opportunities and professional growth” This was by far my most positive work experience! I was supported every step of the way. This company is big on showing its appreciation for its employees and they are patient with you while you learn. They pay for your travel, food, and the commissions are excellent. No micromanaging! Your work shows through your sales.
They put a lot of pressure on one person to sell credit cards which isn't easy because people don't even listen to us. If you don't make enough applications which is one every hour atleast, then you get very less number of hours to work.
Good place to learn sales skills and to understand how to sell something. At the beginning you will only be required to sign people up for the free credit cards but after a week or two they will expect you to upsell people insurance for the card. Pay isn't great. Long transportation.
Pros
Build thick skin and sales experience
Cons
Effort to pay ratio is very underwhelming
It's the worst company you could work for they trick and say its base wage + commission dont believe it its totally target based job and if you work 25 hours there is no way you can hit your target unless you are the best salesman ever other than annoying customers and hearing 100-150 NO a day bad manners for people and you'll be pampered like a baby from the managment. And if you didnt hit the target you'll get less hours and some times you'll end shifts si if you are a student then it may work for but for a full time job you cannot love in this.
Pros
The sales manager is nice abd helping
Cons
Annoying shoppers, managment are deceptive about the money and wage check your pay stubs
Learned a lot and had personal growth while working here. Not a job for everybody, but if you are good then this job is easy. Bonuses were great because its the same amount of having another Part Time job.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Not paid lunch
If you don't get 8 applications per day, they will ask you to convince your friends to apply for that credit card after work. They change your schedule every day, even they will ask you to go home earlier when you don't reach the target. They are hiring people every day to replace the employees who didn't achieve the target.
Represent the third party company to promo MasterCard product and relate service Committed to a high level of customer service Consumer engagement
I worked there for 2 weeks so aint got much to say, but basically youre selling credit cards while walking around Target stores, they help you with the pitch and you also get commission.
the job is selling cc to customers who dont really need it, the job is consent rejection, dealing with anger people, will reduce your joy in life with a lot of negativity
Dealing with customers is always a challenge but it was a good learning experience. Not too much opportunity for advancement. Average place to work.
Pros
friendly
Cons
standing all day
Worked in Vancouver for PCF for just under a year. Generally a good company but they get really pushed hard by the banks to get more customers. One thing to point out is some sales reps seem to whine a lot about it being too hard. For me, I just talked to people honestly cause its a good card to get. The bonus was all the walking around superstore got me to lose some weight (lol!).
Pros
Great money if you actually try
Cons
Some customers can be a pain
its good for person can talk effective so I have learned how I can be more confidence .Indeed, its manager has been so flexible and kindness .persuading people was headache.
I walked around and asked everyone whether they want the cards. Unfortunately, most of them have it already. I kept walking and asking. Finally, I got some people, but, I didn't hit my goal. When I got my payment later, I fund that they deduct my work hour and give me less wage.
Pros
work hard
Cons
unfair
Not a career opportunity like promised. You can grow and salary will increase but only by a little bit, you end up with a good sounding title but your bank account doesn't feel different. Good company for just a job or younger people, not recommended if your looking for a career.
• Attracted and approached customers, presented everyday value and sold them on our clients nationally recognized loyalty based credit card programs • Administratively provided daily/weekly application deliveries and daily productivity reporting to sales manager • Participated in weekly sales meetings that are designed to encourage productivity
good environment Lot of B2B and B2B sales learning Fair schedules a lot of training provided good communication with managers friendly co-workers team effort
Experience working with Live Link and Performed many audits on corporate invoice vendor Solved discrepancies between paper invoice and recorded data have drafted correspondence (memos, letters, and reports) for a manager or team of managers
we were promoting pc financial product in loblaw stores @ different location. It was a good experience to work with JWR.Managemet is good.Pays you regular & at time.
Pros
They give you enouph shifts
Cons
There is not any con but for the shifts the are not flexble