JW Research logo

JW Research Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

2.7
Work-life balance

Horrible, run away!

This job is the worst job anyone could ever have. Management sucks and always threatens to fire you if you don't get at least 8 apps a day. Also, the pay is a joke. You don't actually get paid what they say. The workplace is alright, but you hardly work with other people, all day is just spent bothering customers and getting yelled at. Additionally, this job causes lots of strain on the body. You stand for 8 hours and are in constant motion. I hurt my back really bad and asked to leave early and I was basically told that I would be fired if I left early. Heed my warning, find a different job.

Pros

customer interaction

Cons

everything

Handled customers’ queries in a professional and a timely manner Made outbound calls and encouraged customers to apply for credit cards Analyzed customers’ account data and offered appropriate solutions Made customers signing up for credit cards Conducted interviews, presented and sold products and services to customers

Good job if you would like talk to people.

This was the best job I ever had. I love this job. Everyday meeting with lots of new people. Managers are so good. Helping you so many ways to succeed in your role. Best wishes for JW research. 🙏

Pros

Meeting with new people everyday. Somedays you will have lots of sales easily.

Cons

Somedays you will listen NO all over the places, If you're able to manage your frustration, by that time you will succeed.

Find another job!!

You will be given targets that are unreasonable. You spend your whole day walking in the superstore trying to convince people to sign up for a credit card. And if you don’t get 8 applications per day, you’ll be given lesser hours the following day. Basically, you keep bothering shoppers. Just find another job!

Pros

At least they paid for the few days.

Cons

Everything else

Don’t work for this company

Literally would yell at me and shake me during training if I did something wrong. Between the verbal and sometimes physical abuse from people who didn’t want to be bothered while shopping and the management that would cut your hours if you didn’t make sales there was no real breaks or direction and it was just all around a stressful and chaotic place to work.

Horrible company

Management doesnt care and piggybacks their bonuses off of how many sales you make. They are rude and talk bad about staff behind their back constantly, even to new hires who are being trained

Waste place to work

They are liars they said they given you 16 but they stand you 14 and Bush you to off the limit and is not nice job for your mantel health and they are roud

Terrible management

These guys don't know anything. I worked for then over 2 years ago, pay was terrible, especially the management. Extremely rude boss with ill manners. No one should work for them. I was beating there employee's records and still they weren't satisfied, my money was short and I had to keep tabs otherwise they wouldn't have paid me, so before you look at the hourly wage you better be able to take insults from them, whether you do good or not.

Pros

Cons

Terrible management and extremely rude with ill manners

Worst job on my list, with worst Management

You will be hired as customer services with no pressure of signing up people for mastercard in different superstores. Suddenly or i should say first day of your proper shift they give you pressure to sale mastercard and represent yourself as cows who is hitting everyone on way. What they say while they hire you turned out to be different on shift. That is why no one stays on job and their hiring remains on board 24 7. I should have trusted the reviews before joining them. They will eat your salary. If you do minimum 8 sales in 8 hours they will pay you their base pay which means you will not get any commission and all commission will go into manager pocket who gives you pressure to sale. Worst total worst. Either head office should hire better managers or better their own management. Something surely is worst. Rip off hiring process and rip off interviews and rip off your salary and time. Even if I dont have any jobs and this is my last option, i rather work for free for someone but not for them.

Pros

Cons

Everything. From Manager to everything.

Great manager and great company for sales talent

Good culture Good management Good environment Commitment to work Friendly employees Good communication between management and staff. Very professional employees and hard workers. Enjoyed working with them.

Pros

great earning and we got paid hourly and there were bonuses

Great worker n management

Great overall team and management always gotta be positive help you grow and learn how to approach clients.. help them save money on sales but also could be difficult if you wear your no's but overall great and positive environment to work amazing manager in addrienne

Pros

Great work team great management always positive and supportive

Cons

Rude customers, not everyone wants a credit card so they could be really rude, hours could be cut if you don't get certain amount of application

Scotia and ATb Program

Pays well if you can deliver your sales Per hours but if you can't provide the sales and number risking being fired, But you can use sale and reach your targets you will be can earn well and Two days off

Pros

Competition

Cons

Must reach your sales per hours or risk being fired

i enjoyed working at JW Research

the hardest part of the job is telling people you're signing them up for a master card, not everyone is willing to make that commitment. most days at work will be a breeze. try to get postings closer to your house if you don't drive

Pros

free lunches

Cons

you're signing people up for mastercards

Worst Company

Culture is bad and so is the stability. They fire people without cause and not a wise choice to work here if you have bills to pay My pay was held for 3 months before they released after all, these guys are crooks

Pros

Nthing

Cons

Evrything

Sloppy Management

JWR sounded like a good job at first, but quickly after starting the "no client pressure" kept changing until they wanted us to harass customers like bad mall kiosks. Management did very little training and just threatened employees when goals were not being met.

Pros

Co-workers were amazing

Cons

poor shifts and poor management

Productive and comfortable environment

It is a great opportunity to work as a sales representative in this company.The management and coworkers are approachable and ready to help me whenever needed.They are behind you to build up your self-confidence and motivation to achieve the goals.

Decent Beginning Job

Possible to make apps quickly to have more free time while working, but can also be very stressful when it is not possible to get a app and the pressure of management is on you.

Very Poor

This company will play with the lives and careers of people. The problem is that the Director of this Company is the Puppet Master and not obliging to his orders results in termination of the staff. Pay is not on time. Most paaychecks have discrepancies Employees are not given a fair chance at all.

Pros

Poorly managed

Cons

Hugh Turnover

29 June 2016
Thanks for your valuable feedback. Our Director plays a big role in the sales floor as he ensures the business is meeting all industry standards however is not involved in most terminations. As a company we follow employment standards regulation and can only terminate with notice or for cause.If you have concerns in regards to your pay we are always happy to assist you at the head office.

Very poor company

compensation structure is a joke. Barely making over minimum wage. Commissions are stacked so no one earns them. Micro management at its best these days Edmonton is a JOKE Managed from Kelowna by incompetent manager. Don't believe all the reviews. Company forces managers to make sure employees post a positive review. Each manager has to get a couple of people to post good reviews. Company is so bad it is BANNED from advertising and working in Stop lying to people about how great it is to work for. Even if you do a small mistake, you get fired, thats how bad it is

Pros

Easy to get a job. Company is desperate so any one can get hired these days

Cons

Bad culture with no margin for error

29 June 2016
Sorry about your experience. Our minimum pay in Edmonton is $16.00/ per hour so that is well above the minimum wage of $11.20. Our bonus structure is based on our clients needs and many representatives who have worked with us for years earn bonuses consistently. I am not sure where the disconnect with your self and your manager happened but if you need further assistance please contact us at www.jwresearch.com.

Poorly managed company

Very disheartened working here. This company is very unprofessional with every paycheck having errors resulting in pay deficit. When you bring this up, they tell you that payroll has already run and you will have to forfeit the amount which is ridiculous This company looks at every new joinee as someone who is bringing fraud to them The District managers and Director openly asks you to reach out to employment standards... Every small thing is magnified and the employee is portrayed as a thief This marketing company plays with the lives of the people. So make you decisions wisely folks... They can kick you without a minute warning

Pros

Cons

Poor pay, bad management

29 June 2016
Thank you for the review and we value all feedback to make our business better.It would be illegal for us to ask anyone to forfeit earned funds with our company so if that is at all a concern please contact our head office.Based on the PIPEDA act we protect our clients information as best as we can to prevent fraud from ever happening however we would never remove a representative without concrete proof of this activity. If you have any further concerns we would love to hear from you to resolve the matter.

Bad culture

This company does not care about its employees. All it does is pressurize their managers which in turn pressurize you. Your job is on fire all the time and your time could you up anytime, so instability. Bad career growth, payroll always messes up with your pay...and then eventually your hard earned money is eaten up. I think that is enough for now. Make your decisions wisely folks

Pros

Travel

Cons

Pay, Management, Instability

29 June 2016
Thank you for your review, we appreciate all feedback.In a sales role there are goals and expectations however our training ground has developed some of the most successful Sales Managers in the industry.I am sorry that you felt your pay was incorrect but if you would like someone to look into it we ask that you contact our Office for further assistance.