JW Research

JW Research Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Been working there 2 weeks. I do have a great trainer. But they cut my hours as I could not get a single Credit Card sign up as January & February are slow months for retail. I can honestly say I tried everything. Many people are very debt conscious now. I applaud that. They know what works for them and what doesn't.
recruiting, met sales target & distributed 500+ samples, brochures, and posters at events to attract customers’ attention and interest learned recruitment/sourcing HR Management fun workplace culture with field events the hardest part of the job is dealing with rude people the most enjoyable part of the job is recruiting
It was an interesting learning experience I never worked in sales before it was a very challenging job it was hard to met the quota for the product I was offering to people it was a product that everyone seemed to have so it made it hard to find people who didn't have the product and wanted it
I used to start to say hi to the customers of Real Canadian Superstore. I learned how to approach to a person and explain yourself. The hardest part of the job is to convince people to get MasterCard. Some of them were very rude to me. The most enjoyable part is to meet new people.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Walking during the day
They encouraged us to lie to customers and tell them that that the MasterCard could be used just as a points card. They told us to bend the truth as much as needed to make the sale. They encouraged us to target seniors. This company should be shut down because of their awful business practices.
Cons
The whole job is a Con. Literally.
I worked here for a very less amount of time. Cause i knew they are giving unrealistic targets as soon as i was on the field trying to sign up customers. And when i left the job the manager did the worst thing he could do. I gave him my total hours and he never paid me for a certain number of hours out of my pay which was around 12 hours. I tried to contact the HR to complain about it but never heard back from them. He also paid me very late which was 20 days. Employers are bound by the law to pay in under 10 days after leaving the job. But i still neglected it. It has been more than 20 days and he is yet to pay me for my training hours. And for those wondering yes i wanted to take legal action. But my schedule is so tight that i cannot go places other than I'm supposed to. Worst place to work for
Pros
Commission and pay
Cons
Everything else
Joined the company in September and the company is warm and welcoming. The job itself can be difficult and take time to fit in the role, but once you are trained is rewarding with potential to make good money and oppurtunity to grow. The company believes in promoting within so a lot of oppurtunity to make it tour career. Definitely not a job for everyone, but people that driven and willing to learn and grow the potential is through the roof
Pros
Great pay, opportunity to grow, great learning
Cons
If you are not a people's person it can be difficult, but that provides an opportunity to get over your fear of talking to people
Management is very selfish, rude, and make unreasonable all-or-nothing demands of how many credit cards they want you to sell. At first, they gave me the wrong sized company t-shirt, then they gave me a used company t-shirt with stains all over it, and a tablet and dropped me into the store and said I should go sell credit cards. No sales means you don't get paid and they tell you to act like a movie character in order to so called influence people into signing up for something they don't want to. When you do make a lot of sales in busy stores they try to put you down and dismiss that fact. This becomes clear when they subtly ridicule you and find a reason, other than your hard work, as to why you sold a lot. Only about 60% of people who say yes on average, move on to complete the application. When they want to terminate your employment, they change your manager and try to manipulate you to continue working for the company while they secretly look for someone to replace you behind your back and the new manager starts texting you for your new schedule. In summary, this is a terrible place to work (you don't actually get paid the salary or bonuses they advertise. It's commission, based on the number of sales you make) unless you enjoy bothering people who are shopping and typically don't want to get another credit card. This company earns a well deserved 0/10 rating.
Pros
Have nice chat with some customers
Cons
Unreasonable and unprofessional management with no guaranteed salary pay
They give you a tablet, a used company t-shirt, disclosure sheets, and then throw you into the store on your own and expect you to walk up to and sell credit cards to everyone inside who are typically not interested in having another credit card. Management is very selfish, treating you like a number, and if you don't sell any credit cards or work long enough you are considered a liability to the business and need to be replaced. This is a commission not salary based job like independent contractor work. This job does not pay you adequately considering how difficult it is to sell one credit card and after going through dozens of no's, only about 60% on average of people who typically say yes after extreme hard work convincing them, move on to complete the application. Unless you like bothering people who are shopping, don't expect to last here for more than two months.
Pros
Learn people skills
Cons
Very selfish, rude management, Low pay, most people do not want to be sold, not a real longterm job
great company, feels welcome by others and minimal stress. even though, there are targets and goals it is great. The company is down to earth and the managers are nice.
Stressful! Had to get people to sign up for credit cards for president choice. I never got paid. Management was extremely unprofessional. No one wants more credit cards. I do not recommend this job. I worked for 1 month and never got a pay check! Not worth it at all
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no pay, no break, poorly managed
This was easily the worst job I’ve ever had. If you don’t make your sales they treat you like complete garbage. Drowning around a supermarket begging people to sign up for your credit card, constantly getting rejected, sometimes an aggressive form, only to be screamed at by management/have my job threatened for not making your numbers. 0/10.
Cons
As all the other reviews say this is a general waste of time unless you can get 10 + plus ppl a day to apply for a credit card , the training wasn’t good at all they just throw you in a store and see what you can do, and if you can’t they cut you , terrible management , no training ...just poor overall.
Minimal training with high expectations of results in the first week of working. They promise all kinds of bonuses but it’s nearly impossible to get them. Management is terrible and calls you at all times even on days off expecting you to work even if you’re not scheduled. I was told to target Native people and immigrants, and heard a lot of racist language from the manager.
Pros
Full time hours
Cons
Poor management, bad work environment, racism
Great experience learning new sales tactics but the management was terrible. They talked about switching programs but put you out of work until they figure things out but they never really get back to you. I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone
Pros
New learning experience
Cons
Poor management, very unprofessional, no communication.
They tried me out for like a week, my manager just threw me into a store and said ok get credit card applications good luck , after my third day of not getting any , I started to see that this job is near impossible, because no one wants to be bothered when doing their groceries or getting their gas, if you can’t keep up with a ridiculous quota your gone!
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Crazy quota for zero demand
Its flexibility job and you are control your time. Management is bad. They push really hard Salary is 15 per hours but you need sale or you will be cut hours
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
too much push
We were always relocating had a great experience meeting all different kinds of people, built my customer service skills, enjoyed working in the environment, hardest part of the job was dealing with negative customers.
I had no problem helping the company selling products like bank credit cards. Earning was not bad; however, the job itself was so bored that you simply did not have any loyalty staying with the company. The supervisor or manager was very nice to be with. I would rather work somewhere I can be with a lot of kids.
Pros
earning not bad, good manager
Cons
job boring, no kids to be with
good place to work if you are commission based. many places to work at many locations. never get bored. if you like to sell its a good opportunity. not much opportunity to move up though
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
cant move up
This job is just terrible. The job itself is awful but someone has to do it. I wouldn't have had a problem trying to sell credit cards to people if it wasn't for the poor management, messed up payroll, poor compensation and just the overall awfulness of the company. When people say that in capitalism only well-run companies can make it I know they're full of it. Because If JW can make then nearly any company can no matter how poorly run if enough people are dumb enough to buy into it.
Pros
Wasn't slavery
Cons
Everything else