JW Research
JW Research Employee Review

It’s a scam

11 March 2020
The whole place and company is a complete s c a m. They only pay you for the days that you get people to sign up for mastercards, not the 8 hour days where you constantly get rejected. The management is complete c r a p and it took them 2 months to actually train me and the training was just a slide show and no in store training. Whatever you do, do NOT work for them it’s a complete crapshow.
1.0Job security/advancement
14 May 2020
Travel representative Sales (Former Employee) - All over Canada
Great company to work for very understand, treated me like family Great pay they take great care of their employees at home and while away very accommodate
Pros
Able to work at my own pace given different locations to experience
Cons
Long hours at times long periods away from home
9 February 2020
sale representative (Former Employee) - Burnaby, BC
I really had a good experience at JWR Company,,,,,,,,,,,, I enjoyed having interaction with people and advertising for company,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, there was a friendly environment there among employees.
Pros
friendly colleagues
Cons
not enough income
14 January 2020
Sales Representative (Former Employee) - Winnipeg, MB
Scripted dialogue training 30 minutes Target of signing up people while they shop at Walmart You carry a iPad around ,walking full 4 to 5 hour shift You verbalize script word per word asJW Sales Manager follows behind you ,hiding behind racks,eaves dropping on your communication. Manager doesn't have office so you meet in McDonald's every hour,where she sets up shop at table all day in McDonald's at Walmart. The job itself is presented incorrectly during interviews process. There are actually no guaranteed hours and I witnessed Sales Reps being sent home because they had a bad hour of no sign ups I found the employees were not trained correctly and manager missed the value of proper support tools for success. In the short time there ,the turn over was daily ,here today,quit tomorrow. Manager and some team members went out hourly for smoke breaks and came back reeking of cigarettes on the sales floor. Not a good job for professionals.
Pros
Talking with new people every day
Cons
Turn over, lack of Consistency with training support, also can't seem to talk to higher ups, only the JW manager who sits in the McDonald's all day. Literally walk all day, carrying ipad and a Point if sale system. Looks unprofessional and your arms get super sore