JW Research Employee Reviews

CSA - mastercard
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  PCF MasterCard5 March 2018
I felt like it lacked complete organization. There was lots of talk about coaching and even switching stores, but was never contacted back, kept being dismissed or ignored.
Pros
Great staff within the store
Cons
Being ignored and lack of coaching, lack of organization and communication. Poor management, inappropriate Comversations at work.
Productive, fun enviroment, and great customer interafton.
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 January 2018
I enjoyed working with JWR . I enjoyed the interaction the job allowed me to have with the customers. I would say overall it is a good job to have for the right person.
Pros
Good money when you hit sales
Cons
Short days with no sales
Good pay but boring work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Langford, BC30 October 2017
They pay $16 plus commission which is really good but the work that you have to do is not something that everyone would enjoy. You just have to walk around the store and approach people and get them to sign up for a credit card, that's it.
Pros
good pay, good manager, scope for advancement
Cons
no teamwork, little to no training and all you do is talk to strangers
Excellant experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey Centre, BC17 October 2017
Nice job culture, work as team and sometimes lead the team. Work ethics improved. Learn to be accurate and punctual. Customer satisfaction is always main objective.
Fun place
Sales Represenrative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 August 2017
Dealing with customers is always a challenge but it was a good learning experience. Not too much opportunity for advancement. Average place to work.
Pros
friendly
Cons
standing all day
Not an honest work place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB23 July 2017
My manager instructed me to lie to the customers to convince them to sign onto the master card. Also she lied to me about the wage i was going to be getting.
Work indepently in various locations to promote financial services
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 June 2017
Good employement to boost customer service, direct sales and marketing skills

Flexible shifts and independent work in various locations to promote contractor's products

Comission opportunities, but no benefits

Ideal for part-time workers, but also offers full-time shifts
Pros
Time flexibility, independent work
Cons
No benefits, repetitive
Scotia and ATb Program
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 May 2017
Pays well if you can deliver your sales Per hours but if you can't provide the sales and number risking being fired, But you can use sale and reach your targets you will be can earn well and Two days off
Pros
Competition
Cons
Must reach your sales per hours or risk being fired
i enjoyed working at JW Research
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 May 2017
the hardest part of the job is telling people you're signing them up for a master card, not everyone is willing to make that commitment.
most days at work will be a breeze.
try to get postings closer to your house if you don't drive
Pros
free lunches
Cons
you're signing people up for mastercards
Great learning but a lot of people who whine too much
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 May 2017
Worked in Vancouver for PCF for just under a year. Generally a good company but they get really pushed hard by the banks to get more customers. One thing to point out is some sales reps seem to whine a lot about it being too hard. For me, I just talked to people honestly cause its a good card to get. The bonus was all the walking around superstore got me to lose some weight (lol!).
Pros
Great money if you actually try
Cons
Some customers can be a pain
Productive fun work place
Sales person (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 April 2017
We were always relocating had a great experience meeting all different kinds of people, built my customer service skills, enjoyed working in the environment, hardest part of the job was dealing with negative customers.
very flexible hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2017
good place to work if you are commission based. many places to work at many locations. never get bored. if you like to sell its a good opportunity. not much opportunity to move up though
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
cant move up
Worst Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 February 2017
Culture is bad and so is the stability. They fire people without cause and not a wise choice to work here if you have bills to pay

My pay was held for 3 months before they released after all, these guys are crooks
Pros
Nthing
Cons
Evrything
Sales results vary depending on location of placement but same sales numbers are demanded regardless.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Kelowna25 January 2017
I was very knowledgeable of competitive products on market because of previous work experience I found the credit cards they sell are a high interest cost and they expect you to close the sale on life and disability health insurance attached to card at a 50 percent closing ratio, these insurance products make the actual cost of credit about 30 percent of the card balance calculated annually, may be saleable in some market areas but only depending on demographics such as age, incomes and types of employment of people in the store ... I ended up in a store with highly transient customers people passing through or on vacation, local residents were either low income low credit scores or good credit but retired and had all the credit services they needed by that stage in life ... I could see almost right away that I wasn't going to meet the targets expected so I left before it became an issue ... the manager told me that I could overcome obstacles with their canned sales presentation which I thought was rediculious ... I had many more years sales and credit experience than the manager ....the job is a numbers game with customers and with employees .... continious on going recruiting due to high turn over of staff ... one size fits all approach to sales targets should be thought through better with some changes they would probably be able to hire better people and keep them longer.

No comment on payroll issues didn't stay long enough.
Made me hate my life
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 December 2016
This job is just terrible. The job itself is awful but someone has to do it. I wouldn't have had a problem trying to sell credit cards to people if it wasn't for the poor management, messed up payroll, poor compensation and just the overall awfulness of the company. When people say that in capitalism only well-run companies can make it I know they're full of it. Because If JW can make then nearly any company can no matter how poorly run if enough people are dumb enough to buy into it.
Pros
Wasn't slavery
Cons
Everything else
free time work
represent product (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 December 2016
its good for person can talk effective so I have learned how I can be more confidence .Indeed, its manager has been so flexible and kindness .persuading people was headache.
Awful management. Does not pay at the rate promised in the contract
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC16 October 2016
As the title says, I wasn't paid at the rate that was in the contract. I also am still dealing with the company to try and remedy this issue as well as get my remaining pay.
good company
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2016
love working with this comony get to lear lots of things learn to be tesm payer to work with dif people get to talk to dif customer problem.. co worker likes we have fun working with them managemnt is .. good .. but only thing no benifits that they can offer hard parts of the job iswhen customer comming bck to you and sz they dint get approved..
Pathetic
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2016
The most pathetic company of all time. They fire employees for not answering the phone call. Sounds stupid but it is true

No growth and bad higher management
Pros
NO PROS at all
Cons
Pay deficits, fire you without any reason
Decent Beginning Job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 July 2016
Possible to make apps quickly to have more free time while working, but can also be very stressful when it is not possible to get a app and the pressure of management is on you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JW Research. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7