JW Research

JW Research Employee Reviews

Canada139 reviews
There's pro's and con's with any job.
Been working there 2 weeks. I do have a great trainer. But they cut my hours as I could not get a single Credit Card sign up as January & February are slow months for retail. I can honestly say I tried everything. Many people are very debt conscious now. I applaud that. They know what works for them and what doesn't.
Fantastic people work for this company
Great company to work for very understand, treated me like family

Great pay they take great care of their employees at home and while away very accommodate
Pros
Able to work at my own pace given different locations to experience
Cons
Long hours at times long periods away from home
Great place to to develop your skills
Retail based sales environment with a focus on training and mentorship. Managers are very engaged and looking for the best ambassadors to promote the product in store.
Challenging and targes
“Nice company to work with, great learning opportunities and professional growth” This was by far my most positive work experience! I was supported every step of the way. This company is big on showing its appreciation for its employees and they are patient with you while you learn. They pay for your travel, food, and the commissions are excellent. No micromanaging! Your work shows through your sales.
It’s a scam
The whole place and company is a complete s c a m. They only pay you for the days that you get people to sign up for mastercards, not the 8 hour days where you constantly get rejected. The management is complete c r a p and it took them 2 months to actually train me and the training was just a slide show and no in store training. Whatever you do, do NOT work for them it’s a complete crapshow.
good experience
I really had a good experience at JWR Company,,,,,,,,,,,, I enjoyed having interaction with people and advertising for company,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, there was a friendly environment there among employees.
Pros
friendly colleagues
Cons
not enough income
good company
Sales is not for everyone. But for those willing to stick it through this job can definitely help you develop your character and give you lots of awesome experience. Best part of the job is the flexible hours and good pay.
Unprofessional Environment Waste Of Time
Scripted dialogue training 30 minutes
Target of signing up people while they shop at Walmart

You carry a iPad around ,walking full 4 to 5 hour shift

You verbalize script word per word asJW Sales Manager follows behind you ,hiding behind racks,eaves dropping on your communication.

Manager doesn't have office so you meet in McDonald's every hour,where she sets up shop at table all day in McDonald's at Walmart.

The job itself is presented incorrectly during interviews process. There are actually no guaranteed hours and I witnessed Sales Reps being sent home because they had a bad hour of no sign ups

I found the employees were not trained correctly and manager missed the value of proper support tools for success. In the short time there ,the turn over was daily ,here today,quit tomorrow.

Manager and some team members went out hourly for smoke breaks and came back reeking of cigarettes on the sales floor. Not a good job for professionals.
Pros
Talking with new people every day
Cons
Turn over, lack of Consistency with training support, also can't seem to talk to higher ups, only the JW manager who sits in the McDonald's all day. Literally walk all day, carrying ipad and a Point if sale system. Looks unprofessional and your arms get super sore
Excellent Workforce
recruiting, met sales target & distributed 500+ samples, brochures, and posters at events to attract customers’ attention and interest

learned recruitment/sourcing

HR Management

fun workplace culture with field events

the hardest part of the job is dealing with rude people

the most enjoyable part of the job is recruiting
Waited on a call that never came
I waited 3 hours on management to call me for my second interview, they never did. I wasted 3 hours and a solid 2 weeks trying to contact them about the fact they never called me back.
good
They put a lot of pressure on one person to sell credit cards which isn't easy because people don't even listen to us. If you don't make enough applications which is one every hour atleast, then you get very less number of hours to work.
Handled customers’ queries in a professional and a timely manner
Made outbound calls and encouraged customers to apply for credit cards

Analyzed customers’ account data and offered appropriate solutions

Made customers signing up for credit cards

Conducted interviews, presented and sold products and services to customers
Hard job if your not used to working in that filed
It was an interesting learning experience I never worked in sales before it was a very challenging job it was hard to met the quota for the product I was offering to people it was a product that everyone seemed to have so it made it hard to find people who didn't have the product and wanted it
Very good job
Talk with customer only few hours.but salary is good very good management I like that job more opportunities to learn something new office administrator job very good for future.customer are very dirty but good to learn work is only on the internet.made p.c card for customer and we can learn about cosmetician pharmacy job fashion for trend everything in the store I really like.
Communicative and active workplace
I used to start to say hi to the customers of Real Canadian Superstore. I learned how to approach to a person and explain yourself. The hardest part of the job is to convince people to get MasterCard. Some of them were very rude to me. The most enjoyable part is to meet new people.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Walking during the day
Good job if you would like talk to people.
This was the best job I ever had. I love this job. Everyday meeting with lots of new people. Managers are so good. Helping you so many ways to succeed in your role. Best wishes for JW research. 🙏
Pros
Meeting with new people everyday. Somedays you will have lots of sales easily.
Cons
Somedays you will listen NO all over the places, If you're able to manage your frustration, by that time you will succeed.
I don't suggest any1 to work here
Never work there. Management and MD of the Vancouver are Racist. No bonus no Benefit. They promote only their Relatives and Close friends not to the eligible employees. Be careful guys.
Pros
Aweful experience
Need thick skin
Good place to learn sales skills and to understand how to sell something. At the beginning you will only be required to sign people up for the free credit cards but after a week or two they will expect you to upsell people insurance for the card. Pay isn't great. Long transportation.
Pros
Build thick skin and sales experience
Cons
Effort to pay ratio is very underwhelming
good management and person can improve communication skill. meet new people everytime.
It is a flexible schedule. Good environment to work. Every person can increase communication skills. If you meet the target and do good work you will get a bonus.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Meet the target
Leave a bad impression
I used to work for them and I am very still angry at them. What a horrible place to work. People can always apply for a credit card online and don't need to be harassed about it.
Pros
Cons
Useless waste of time
Must be a people-person, and handle many Rejections.
Started the job with a great manager and sadly quit and no longer works with the company. Had me stress out for about 3 weeks with no work even though I completed the Hiring Package. Was then Passed on to another manager, truly did not like them at all. No point of having a schedule when location & time changes. Seems to be more like of On-Call type of job Everything is truly done last minute. Location alwayd ends up being changed, including time. You must really have a flexible schedule.

As everyone says, there is a Target and you need to always hit it otherwise your shift will end early or you'll notice a big decrease in shifts later on. You will be replaced if you're not hitting the Targets, im not lying- my current manager even said that.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at JW Research. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6