JW Research Employee Reviews

The worst company
credit card sales (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 April 2019
If you don't get 8 applications per day, they will ask you to convince your friends to apply for that credit card after work. They change your schedule every day, even they will ask you to go home earlier when you don't reach the target.
They are hiring people every day to replace the employees who didn't achieve the target.
Awful and unpleasant workplace with selfish management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 April 2019
Management is very selfish, rude, and make unreasonable all-or-nothing demands of how many credit cards they want you to sell.

At first, they gave me the wrong sized company t-shirt, then they gave me a used company t-shirt with stains all over it, and a tablet and dropped me into the store and said I should go sell credit cards.

No sales means you don't get paid and they tell you to act like a movie character in order to so called influence people into signing up for something they don't want to. When you do make a lot of sales in busy stores they try to put you down and dismiss that fact. This becomes clear when they subtly ridicule you and find a reason, other than your hard work, as to why you sold a lot. Only about 60% of people who say yes on average, move on to complete the application.

When they want to terminate your employment, they change your manager and try to manipulate you to continue working for the company while they secretly look for someone to replace you behind your back and the new manager starts texting you for your new schedule.

In summary, this is a terrible place to work (you don't actually get paid the salary or bonuses they advertise. It's commission, based on the number of sales you make) unless you enjoy bothering people who are shopping and typically don't want to get another credit card. This company earns a well deserved 0/10 rating.
Pros
Have nice chat with some customers
Cons
Unreasonable and unprofessional management with no guaranteed salary pay
High pay, with high chellege but lack of training
Retail Sales Respective (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 March 2019
Represent the third party company to promo MasterCard product and relate service
Committed to a high level of customer service
Consumer engagement
Highly selfish and rude management with extreme pressure to sell
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 March 2019
They give you a tablet, a used company t-shirt, disclosure sheets, and then throw you into the store on your own and expect you to walk up to and sell credit cards to everyone inside who are typically not interested in having another credit card.

Management is very selfish, treating you like a number, and if you don't sell any credit cards or work long enough you are considered a liability to the business and need to be replaced.
This is a commission not salary based job like independent contractor work. This job does not pay you adequately considering how difficult it is to sell one credit card and after going through dozens of no's, only about 60% on average of people who typically say yes after extreme hard work convincing them, move on to complete the application.

Unless you like bothering people who are shopping, don't expect to last here for more than two months.
Pros
Learn people skills
Cons
Very selfish, rude management, Low pay, most people do not want to be sold, not a real longterm job
great place
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 March 2019
great company, feels welcome by others and minimal stress. even though, there are targets and goals it is great. The company is down to earth and the managers are nice.
awful experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 March 2019
They pushed you to sale, and if you didn't achieve the target (1-2 applications per hour) they will sent you home, and actually it's impossible to achieve.

I supposed to start working at 10:00, and the supervisor called me at 9:57 to change the time. I've been worked for a week, and they change the time every single day.

Only give me 15 min for lunch time.
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
a lot
Find another job!!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2019
You will be given targets that are unreasonable. You spend your whole day walking in the superstore trying to convince people to sign up for a credit card. And if you don’t get 8 applications per day, you’ll be given lesser hours the following day. Basically, you keep bothering shoppers. Just find another job!
Pros
At least they paid for the few days.
Cons
Everything else
Too much
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 February 2019
Too much work and not enough appreciation. No proper guidance and communication structure with the management. They allowed to work without supervision
Not ethical
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC27 February 2019
The manager made a disabled woman who was working at super centre signed up for that MasterCard and i quit on my first day after seeing this. The inhumanity was incredible. Poor woman didn't even know what she signed up for. This company must be shut down. I don't even know how they are still open under these circumstances.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Garbage.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 February 2019
If you get landon than run. Telling me you would pay for 8 hours everyday if I made the sales but of course you lied. The only time he wasn't being a complete was when he was hitting on the customers daughters.
Cons
Don’t work for this company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 February 2019
Literally would yell at me and shake me during training if I did something wrong. Between the verbal and sometimes physical abuse from people who didn’t want to be bothered while shopping and the management that would cut your hours if you didn’t make sales there was no real breaks or direction and it was just all around a stressful and chaotic place to work.
Cons
DO NOT even think about it.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC4 February 2019
I was promised an SA position and left my old job to start training. However, they literally never gave me a specific day to start and kept pushing the starting day every time I ask. Beyond unprofessional and so rude.
I'm unemployed now and struggling to find a job because of THIS COMPANY!

SCREW YOU JWR
Mediocare
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 December 2018
I worked there for 2 weeks so aint got much to say, but basically youre selling credit cards while walking around Target stores, they help you with the pitch and you also get commission.
Unprofessional
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 December 2018
Stressful! Had to get people to sign up for credit cards for president choice. I never got paid. Management was extremely unprofessional. No one wants more credit cards. I do not recommend this job. I worked for 1 month and never got a pay check! Not worth it at all
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no pay, no break, poorly managed
Not good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Metrotown, BC10 December 2018
I went for my first day of training at the Metrotown Walmart location. Was told to be there for 1:00pm I was there on time and waited for my trainer for a half hour to show up herself. Then she showed me he back lunch room and handed me what I needed and was going to leave me. I’m training! She asked me if I read the papers she gave me to study the information about the job. And when i fumbled talking to customers she rolled her eyes at me, later she accused me of not reading the papers I was given. And she said to tell her the truth. I did tell her the truth! Couldn’t believe it! So I’m stressed and feeling sick so I went home early. And she said I should have stuck with hairdressing.
Pros
Cons
trainers don’t train
Don’t work here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 December 2018
This job is terrible. You only get two (not paid) 15 min breaks no lunch. Even when you decide to not take break during work they would still take .5 hr every day from your pay. I find that unprofessional. Scheduling were terrible you only get text message every Sunday of your schedule and no time slips which is odd. Some locations they assigned you are great but when you get location that’s not busy and sales are poor they send you home. If you keep up with poor sales they cut your hrs. You only get like 4 days of training. You work alone and is expected of you to walk around during the whole shift so get good soles for your feet. Also they’re always hiring every week which I view as bad sign; barely anyone stays long. The only thing is good is the manager and pay. That’s it. Good luck for everyone that works there!
Pros
The pay
Cons
Only 2 15 min break and unpaid, locations, the schedule.
Insanely stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 November 2018
This was easily the worst job I’ve ever had. If you don’t make your sales they treat you like complete garbage. Drowning around a supermarket begging people to sign up for your credit card, constantly getting rejected, sometimes an aggressive form, only to be screamed at by management/have my job threatened for not making your numbers. 0/10.
Cons
Waste of time,terrible experience very poor management.
Jwr sales rep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 November 2018
As all the other reviews say this is a general waste of time unless you can get 10 + plus ppl a day to apply for a credit card , the training wasn’t good at all they just throw you in a store and see what you can do, and if you can’t they cut you , terrible management , no training ...just poor overall.
Very good company to work with
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 November 2018
It had been a great experience to work with this company. This is an employee oriented company and it had given many opportunities to explore personal talents.
Pros
Employee oriented
Horrible company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 October 2018
Management doesnt care and piggybacks their bonuses off of how many sales you make. They are rude and talk bad about staff behind their back constantly, even to new hires who are being trained

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JW Research. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5