JW Research LTD Employee Reviews

Not good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Metrotown, BC10 December 2018
I went for my first day of training at the Metrotown Walmart location. Was told to be there for 1:00pm I was there on time and waited for my trainer for a half hour to show up herself. Then she showed me he back lunch room and handed me what I needed and was going to leave me. I’m training! She asked me if I read the papers she gave me to study the information about the job. And when i fumbled talking to customers she rolled her eyes at me, later she accused me of not reading the papers I was given. And she said to tell her the truth. I did tell her the truth! Couldn’t believe it! So I’m stressed and feeling sick so I went home early. And she said I should have stuck with hairdressing.
Pros
Cons
trainers don’t train
Horrible company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 October 2018
Management doesnt care and piggybacks their bonuses off of how many sales you make. They are rude and talk bad about staff behind their back constantly, even to new hires who are being trained
Think about it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 August 2018
This job helps and challenges employees to find the right way to talk to a customer. You will experience rude, nice, funny, mean, serious and many other types of people; you need to not care about this and not take this personal.
Overall, this job might get stressful because you need to accomplish certain targets, and if you don't, the manager will get upset and start pressing on you and being over you all the time. After some time, this job might become boring and you will not enjoy it at all.
Pros
Get to know different types of customers
Cons
Stressful
what this job is exactly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC7 June 2018
"Retail/Sales/Store Associates" Beware this company is smart. Their ad is created in a smart way to trick you. This job is in a retail store like SaveOn/Superstore etc where you walk around the whole superstore approaching customers who are shopping for groceries or whatever and then you 'promote' ONLY 1 financial product NOT a range of products.

And the worst part - it not exactly by the hour pay but rather by the daily quota! Overall you are paid full commission actually!

This is NOT A SCAM though. You will be paid as per your performance but you will quit unless you like going around chasing people - think door to door. Better sales is to approach through 'leads' or customers who walk into your private store.
Pros
Possibly decent supervisor
Cons
trust me you'll quit
Great pay
Credit Card Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC16 August 2017
You get to meet and talk with many people signing them up for a credit card. Also nice interacting with the people that work for the store. Great pay for many sign ups.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Great pay only if you do well
Boring
Calgary - Educator & Promotor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 April 2017
I had no problem helping the company selling products like bank credit cards. Earning was not bad; however, the job itself was so bored that you simply did not have any loyalty staying with the company. The supervisor or manager was very nice to be with. I would rather work somewhere I can be with a lot of kids.
Pros
earning not bad, good manager
Cons
job boring, no kids to be with
Poor company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 May 2016
Company is a joke. Not anything to learn. Wont recommend anyone to join this company ever. Better to sit at home than joining this company
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor pay, no growth
Official response from JW Research LTD
28 June 2016

I am sorry that the experience did not meet your expectations.
We appreciate any feedback you may have for us on how to better our organization for employees.If you feel you would like to provide direct feedback to our office please contact us at our website www.jwresearch.com
Good Luck in your future job search

Good Company For The Right Person
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 October 2015
Not a career opportunity like promised. You can grow and salary will increase but only by a little bit, you end up with a good sounding title but your bank account doesn't feel different. Good company for just a job or younger people, not recommended if your looking for a career.
good palce to learn
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 August 2015
Good job to learn so many staffs, learned how to convince people ,compliance with company production standards and code of conduct
Official response from JW Research LTD
28 June 2016

Thank you for the review and we are happy you learned with our company as that is a huge part of our culture. We wish you all the best in your future career

productive and serious enviroment
Sales Representative, Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 January 2015
Experience working with Live Link and Performed many audits on corporate invoice vendor
Solved discrepancies between paper invoice and recorded data
have drafted correspondence (memos, letters, and reports) for a manager or team of managers
Great working environment
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 January 2014
Marketed credit card products for various Financial Institutions
Great company, great staff,
Flexible schedule good management and reasonable compensation
PRESIDENT CHOICE MASTERCARD (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 November 2013
Everyday is a learning day, here in this job we talk to almost 100 Customers everyday and it is a great experience about getting peoples view, perspective and know their expectation about customer service.
stronger my mentality
Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC20 March 2013
very challenge job since I have to sell my credit card to a stranger in the first couple of sentences.
Pros
teach me how to read people and different ways to talk to them
Cons
random hours and locations
The money was good
Credit Card Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC28 June 2012
Talking and meeting people. I learned that people shouldn't sign up for a Master Card just to get the free gift. Also found out how every time you sign up for a credit card your credit score goes down.
Pros
good bonuses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JW Research LTD. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6