JW Marriott

JW Marriott Employee Reviews

Canada54 reviews
Although I had free reign on the property and working hours the strict protocol of not having funds to advance the system was frustrating. I would of liked a better working experience!
Pros
Could of worked my own hours
Cons
It is a franchise that keeps a tight budget that was not available
I enjoyed this job but found most of my coworkers hungry and struggling. They were mostly hired by agencies and were losing pay to those angencies. They also live like sardines in the housing in Bala.
Jw Marriott is a career changing place, the opportunity to work for managers that care, managers that put your interests first and a team that genuinely cares for its ppl.
Jw Marriott is greatest i have aver worked for and they taught a lot, either is job performance and my personal growth as person. they take care of their associate at work and out work. i mean they really amazing
i was satishfy with my boss and other worker like a family.we always do work together and make the customer happy.salary was oky for me as i was able to save money after all expenses
This was by far the worse job I have ever had to work. The living conditions for staff housing are disgusting and completely inhumane, not to mention the resort charged people to live in them. To put simply, if you like:
-unsafe drinking water

-unsafe structural foundations

-sharing a room small and crammed roomed with 3+ people

-bed bugs

-cockroaches

-mice

-poor/no internet connection

then this is the place for you.

On top of that, I am fully convinced that they do and will hire anyone they can because the resort is so understaffed. I was absolutely astonished at how highly regarded HR and managers made this workplace out to be. We were constantly reminded to treat the guests as if they were royalty, but when it came down to it, upper management and all authoritative employees treated seasonal staff like garbage. I am actually ashamed to say that I have worked at the 'JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa' so much so that I even left it off my resume. The resort itself is beautiful but it is run off the backs of mistreated employees and it is an absolute disgrace to the JW name. I highly recommend not accepting a position there as you will be treated like trash. 20/10 would not recommend to anyone.
I am feeling not like a company, I feel like my second home.
Positive values. ...

Relaxed and productive atmosphere. ...

Commitment to excellence. ...

Open and honest communication. ...

Cooperation, support, and empowerment. ...

Compassion, respect, and understanding. ...

Flexibility.
The thing that makes you come back to work every single shift is the people you work with. They are the ones that inspire you to do better and work together.
Worked there for over a year. Management only cared about you if you did nothing. HR lied to new employees, and current employees. HR did not care hoe employees were treated by suprrvisours, ignored complaints, and made up stories about you if they didn't like you.
Pros
nothing
Cons
It was an internship that lasted one year. I was able to develop my professional skills. I learned how to be effective and efficient in a fast environment where people expect the best service.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at JW Marriott?
Toxic culture created and tolerated by management and Directors at JW Edmonton Ice District. Completely unprofessional and unethical hotel, particularly the GM, Director of HR, and Director of Ops. Bullying and racism is commonplace. Management smokes right in front of employee entrance, subjecting staff to harmful second hand smoke. Worst job experience ever, stay far away!
I had an amazing management team and worked with some very cool and interesting people. I had a good experience but had to quit because I was simply located too far away. The management had a few kinks to work out since they just started out the new location in Edmonton, but I have to imagine by now it is a great place to work overall.
working in this company JW is really a great opportunity, stress free great team work. all the managers are so helpful they are always count on you! Amazing.
Great place to work. High morale, extremely diverse work environment, but doesn't effect the day to day tasks that need to be done there. Chef occasionally would give left over to us in lunch room to keep us fed. Plus snack machines, coffee machines, and microwave's to heat up your lunches. Also benefits are amazing their. Would love to stay.
They were very underhanded people who were knowingly cheating the workers at the bottom of the pecking order out of about a hundred bucks a week while smiling and assuring us they cared just because the awful inn they had us living at wasn't cost efficient. It's illegal to charge more than 15~ish dollars a week if the rooms are shared and meals aren't provided yet they were charging if I recall correctly about 80 dollars a week, close to the maximum they are legally allowed to charge if the rooms are solo and meals are provided. The inn was a dump and a safety hazard on a good day, run down and cramped. Do not work there if they have you staying at the Bala Bay Inn.
Very recommended to someone like to work at jw Marriott it's a nice place to work are fellow associate are nice and friendly..I love working not stressing and love the benefits as well...more fun to work here
Bell/Valet attendants seemed like they are just concessionaires. no supervisor or manager in the section thus is constantly micromanaged. There is zero opportunity for advancement.

The whole Front office department is a mess. People are just winging it.

Managers are not open to suggestions. insists on doing things their way when it's really obvious that it isn't working.

40 hrs per week is not guaranteed, they send us home if it's not busy and they scold us if we can't give the customer service that they want.... because we are understaffed.
most disorganized & inconsiderate place I've ever worked. Six days a week at least 12 hours a day, no break Staff housing bedbugs,roaches, bunk beds.
"Good support from the management. Good place to work and learning .Good environment and policies are good for customers."
It is a good place to work and learn grow yourself fast. Senior colleagues are very cooperative.
Best Hotel in United States of America, really recommended
This place is the housing for staff that work at the JW in Minnett.
There are no Management except yourself on Property

No Micro management here!

Thanks