JVS Toronto

JVS Toronto Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews
Good place to work. Front line staff are fun people to work with
Good place to work. Front line staff make day to day a fun place to work. Good benefits and generous vacation weeks. Each office has their own culture.
Great place to work. great relaxed atmosphere. Would reccomend anyoen to workhere. asdghjhhjskkksjhhdllau7enmndkoosgttgfgsdjlfdp0fnhdmcfppvnhdjfppvnsrstodofhfhiodedfjfhkifofkfkfjfjjf
Colleagues / Staff are good, work is good, leadership USED to be great
Colleagues develop great relationships among themselves and provide good service to clients. People who work there (mostly front line) really enjoy what they do and are there for the right reasons. Leadership - upper Management is lacking. It used to be a place to thrive, be recognized and valued. The value the agency and upper Management has of good staff and front line Management is lacking. High turn over of great staff and Management in the last 3-5 years is a testament to this. The few remaining, long time staff see the difference and are often unhappy. It used to be a GREAT place to work.. now it's just ok and in some cases - not pleasant at all.
Terrible managment
Great frontline staff. Great Pay. Absolutely terrible, lazy, power hungry, rude, and discriminatory managers. Worst managers I have ever experience to date. Avoid this company if you can.
Pros
Great pay. Nice front line staff.
Cons
Extremely poor management.
Good for people with low ambitions
The company works like typical non profit, where chances of being seen and recognized are low. This is not because the management is not supportive, but the systems are not defined. Some of the employees are one of the best you would have seen and there is lot of focus on customer. However, the management is too preoccupied to notice.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Unionized environment makes it difficult for high performers to grow fast
Meaningful experience
Ample opportunities to work within departments and learn and grow professionally alongside some very experienced staff. Quite a few trainings and conferences are integrated into work for professional development for those who seek.
Great company
good benefits after 3 months
4 weeks of vacation after a year

Jewish holidays after a year

multiple locations

different programs

Salesforce database

great management
Good
Its a good workplace.i work at the head office, it probably more relaxed than the other locations. Coworkers are nice and helpful and the clientele is a vast variety of people and cultures.
Pros
No overtime
Cons
No overtime
Great Salary but terrible enviorment
The salary at JVS IS above
Most employment centers but the management is poor. They aren't very supportive to the staff but expect alot. ( micromangement). I will say it depends on the office your place at. Additionally some offices hold a stigma to clientele and treat them with stereotypes and judgement. All in all not the best environment to grow and thrive in.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Long hours, poor management, no room for growth
Ok Workplace
Great wages and good work culture if you get the right location. I've enjoyed my time with the organization. I think that if you have a strong work ethic and can manage the office gossip you will be fine.
Great learning atmosphere
Enjoyed my summer time with this company. I love the dynamic I had in helping people find the right employment fit, regardless of the past history or lackthereof.
Pros
Coaching from mentors
Cons
Would have liked a job out of this placement
Provide Job Services for Youth
JVS Toronto was extremely passionate about the services that they provided for their clients. They worked extremely hard to ensure that each person received the services they needed.
Pros
Helped Younger Offenders to Find Employment and Stability
Cons
N/a
Community Painter
Learned basic wall painting techniques, painting halls,stair cases, filled holes and imperfections. I had great co-workers that efficient and knew how to get the job done.
not somewhere i reccomend
the hardest part of the job was dealing with management,
there was confusion about pay, and the job sites weren't organized and staff were very hard to communicate with
Excellent
I like working because I get more experience with new jobs in the community and with montage supports services. And also explore more job opportunities as well.
Pros
I like working
Cons
Part time
Fun with JVS
JVS took on a few high school students. They helped us develop the many skills we need in a work place. They guided me into becoming a great employee.
fun workplace
A typical day at jvs was very simple. everyone would get there at 9 25am, speakers would come and talk to us about everything, I did learn a lot like about life and working. I would have to say the hardest part about this program was we had to paint inside buildings and making sure everything neat.
I have and still enjoy working with such an amazing organization
I enjoy working for JVS. The management team is amazing. Working with diffuse communities, clients who come from undeserved community has been an honor. I would have to say what i enjoyed the most about working for JVS would be the clients, just amazing people.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at JVS Toronto. Our community is ready to answer.
JVS Toronto Reviews by Location