Justice Tween Brands

Justice Tween Brands Employee Reviews

Canada84 reviews
Collaborative and productive
The environment was a fun and productive. Sometime it can be fast paced and stressful, however the experience was definitely knowledgeable. Its always important to be organized.
fast pased, team oriented, customer service
I love working at justice the management team is amazing. the store is well maintained, I love the customers and hosting all fashon shows its a fun place to work
Productive and fun workplace
Productive and fun workplace. Good management. Helpful with hours and good environment to work in. Everyone was super helpful to one another, creating a good workplace culture.
It was okay
I had a good experience in retail. Coworkers and supervisors were chill. Was given a decent amount of hours until it was near the end of the seasonal position, was just given 3 hour shifts or shifts were cancelled. Favoritism is there too some co workers had more hours than others, or were able to have many responsibilities in the store. Just do your best and always be interacting with customers.
The folding areas were abit smelly.
The folding tables at the stock rooms were so close by the bathroom of the loading locks of the clothes( especially children’s wear ). The hours were seasonal s mentioned in the first day of the interview!orior workers cannot re apply back to the work force without a years notice of the placement workforce. Great to get promoted if you have your own customer and great working areas to be in the mall!
Power tripping management
Awful experience and its sad. I’m a frequent shopper, and getting the job ruined my experience. Management needs to be less negative and more mature.
Good work space
Fun workplace
Employees were extremely friendly

Fun workplace

Customers were always nice and understanding

Only worked here for a short period of time
Upper Management sucks / Toxic Environment
There is a lot of toxic behaviour going on here. Managers talking behind workers backs to other workers.
Upper management seems shady.

They will bluntly judge people on appearance / Race and Sexuality.

They will find any way to exploit you.

Make you work longer shifts, find a way to not give you a break.

Honestly worse place I’ve ever worked.

Run away from this place.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Justice Tween Brands?
The managers were nasty.
I did not enjoy my experience at justice tween brands because of the managers. They would constantly change my lunch shifts to suit their wants and needs ( I’d have a break at 12:30 so I would go to clock out only to be told my break isn’t for another half hour even tho 15 minutes ago it said 12:30. I noticed this began very quickly. It’s like working with high schoolers. They lie to you and treat you like dirt they also speak ill of customers and staff.
Thanks so much.
I appreciate this experience a lot it is a postive image that I have of the work place experience. Good for justice for running an all girls work place this made me feel safer at work as female. Good job ladies. I support these work places.

This did help out my resume a lot and I am confident in applying to other jobs now than before. I am very happy with this experience. A lot of growth.

The only con is that I was spoken to a lot about being kept on, disappointed in that at the time I did needed the job. I was in a lot of difficulties finding employment.

I felt I did well with learning about a lot of skills and I now fold my clothing well even at home. I am much more empathetic when I go shopping and not make messes at other stores now.
Fun place to work at.
Responsibility was given to all the employees. Cheerful work environment. Collogues are super helpful. Although it is a fast paced work, it does not become a burden.
Productive, fun workplace with a bubbly atmosphere
My time at Justice was fun! I met little kids every day and helped them create their unique styles! I had a wonderful time working with all the other sales associates there and enjoyed being on the floor.
My day to day was always productive! Justice strives to make meaningful connections with customers, no matter how busy, and to put our best face forward. On the job I learned many things about current fashion trends, I learned how to dress mannequins and how to optimize my time folding, and helping customers until time to clock out.
Toxic Environment
CONS
- Gossip and drama are huge here

- No guarantee of hours: scheduled 3-hour shifts with on-calls, the possibility of being called off the day before, seasonal staff given priority shifts, etc.

- No room for growth: the process to go any higher than "lead brand sales" is extremely difficult unless you're willing to relocate

- District Manager has referred to employees as "just numbers" when explaining how everyone is replaceable. So as you can tell, they really care about their employees.

- Anything brought up to the District Manager will fall on deaf ears.. don't bother wasting your time

- Management's told to only do "figure 8's" around the store leaving style advisors to do everything with no recognition or compensation, unlike management.

PROS

- Staff

- Discount
Justice life
Justice is a great face paced environment. The clients are fantastic to deal with day in and out. The upper management are very gossipy. They are also not there to support you when needed. They expect managers at store level to do work for them. It's constant flipping product (faster then customers can shop it) with lots of stock and unorganized chaos. No advancement and not rewarded for any extra help or ideas.
Honestly
I am a currently employee at justice and I can honestly say it changed my life for the better. I worked hard to get a permanent position and it paid off! The supervisors are very uplifting and they let you be who you are. They have me hosting birthday parties and I can be goofy and loud and they all love it. I can be myself in justice, all the ladies I work with are like family they support you and they help you.
Good experience but
Overall, I did have a pretty good experience working there. Everyone I worked with were really nice. However, the manager that was in charge of scheduling would constantly schedule me for at least 3 shifts a week then just completely cut them last minute without giving me a reason why. They would either cut my hours short or tell me not to come in at all. I always found out that my hours were cut short after I came in and they would also always call me the day before my next shift to tell me that my shifts were cut. I'm currently in second year of college and I really need the money so it didn't exactly help that they kept cutting my shifts.
never gives hours
fires everyone, no matter the job you put in and they give bad hours, very unfair job, negative employees and its a mad place to work personally i find they are very judgemental
Pros
no pro
Cons
no shifts
i was very upset that i didn't get hire this year.
They should not had took away the hey girl greeter and I refuse to go and shop there , because they hurt my feeling and I was looking forward of working there.
Terrible.
Got a seasonal position at Justice and was told in the group interview that my position would turn into a part-time position. I watched 2 videos on stealing my first day and then was thrown on to the sales floor on Black Friday with no knowledge of the product. I was not given an employee number, so I was writing down the hours I worked. When I handed the paper to my manager she became enraged and told me that I was given an employee number and that I must have misplaced it (I was not given a number) Payday rolled around and I was not paid because the direct deposit form I had given them was not acceptable because I had handwritten my information on the form. Nobody had told me this until I questioned them about my pay. They send you home early most days, and shame you if you don't know what you're doing because of the lack of training. I was given no shifts after Christmas Day, so I assumed that they had let me go. I had quit my other job for Justice, so I was left unemployed. There was no formal lay off or firing done. Management was rude and even if you worked your shift, they would get mad at you for leaving. They talk about boosting the confidence of young girls but tear down their employees.
Enjoyable if you like VIBRANT colours!
Despite the store's bright and colourful physical look, entering the store as an employee carries a wave of dread. Although the work culture can be fun with a strong and helpful sales team, it doesn't help that management is corrupt and full of shi... You could show great initiative, work 13h+ (not including OVERTIME) without PROPER breaks, excel in customer service, take on extra tasks/responsibilities without better pay, or have a wonderful sales review... do not expect to move up or advance in this company unless you have a "friend" or know someone in the business. Better yet, suck up and bribe if you ever want a higher pay.
Pros
Music videos playing across the store
Cons
Listening to the same 10 pop songs on repeat for hours
There was nothing extraordinary about Tween Brands
There was nothing extraordinary about Tween Brands. Time frames are unrealistic and the leadership tools supplied were always years out dated. They invest ALOT into merchandising which is excellent but they don't invest in their people. That to me is a lost opportunity, your people are the back bone of your company.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Justice Tween Brands. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9