Just for laughs Employee Reviews

The best work experience of my life
JFL42 Box Office Manager and Office Assistant. (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2018
I adored working for Just For Laughs, and I wish i were able to do what I did permanently with them, except I only did festival work. Amazing people, awesome comedians, tons of free shows.
Fun to work with
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 October 2018
I had a great time working with just for laughs. They taught me how to multi-task, not crack under presure and be responsible.
I would arrive to the hotel then check the schedule then meet the comedians that were staying at the hotel then make sure the comedians had everything they wanted then I would make sure that the comedians got the transportation they needed and they know what to do and their schedules.
My manager was so nice to me and she taugh me a lot about the work.
The hardest thing I had to do was multitask, I had many resposibilites as a volunteer and I needed MY a game.
I enjoyed every second and would definetly do it agian.
The PR team rocks
Publicist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 November 2017
When you gather a bunch of PR rockstars together, it's a recipe for success. It was the most enriching job I've ever done. Long hours, yes, but it is so worth it.
Pros
the experience
ambassador
Summer Festival Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 September 2017
fun work environment
ideal part time job
get to go to events for free if theres space left
great team
constantly changing roles and tasks which keeps things interesting
Fun place to work, fast-paced and sometimes a little chaotic
Public Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Qc30 July 2014
Working at Just for Laughs was a lot of fun, even if it was only for a one-festival contract.

Everyone is very helpful and everyone works very hard to make sure this large festival goes off without a hitch.

The hours are very long (almost 24/7 for a month) but that is normal for a lot of festivals of this size. Also, the pay is low, but I still think the experience was worth it!
Pros
meeting celebrities, free shows, fun atmosphere
Cons
working almost 24/7 for a month, pay is very low
Productive and fun workplace
Junior financial analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 May 2014
Fast-paced and challenging work. Work-life balance is a real challenge during Festival period. Expect to work many more hours than the standard work week and deal with challenging pressures and deadlines
I was a volunteer but everything about this experience was positive.
Promotion / Office work (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 October 2015
From the time meetings started, to the time we started promotional work to the festival itself and the follow up office work; Just For Laughs was one of the most enriching experiences I've had. Everyone I worked with was hard working and industrious and always up for challenges which kept us on our toes. The hardest part of this job was how short of a contract it was.
Too many interns
Internship (Former Employee) –  Montreal27 May 2014
You would think an iconic festival like Just for Laughs would be profitable but they struggle, even with government funding. You can't even get the graphic department to print something for you without paying them because it would go onto their costs and departments fight to keep costs down. The person who hired me was not getting paid, I was not getting paid and I was recruiting volunteers for events (not paid).
I stopped going when they didn't have any work for me besides shuffling magic cards. They had too many interns and I was not up to fight for jobs when I don't learn anything or get paid.
They do give out free tickets to shows here and there on a first come first serve basis to employees. If you are planning on doing an internship there, make sure you grab responsibilities whenever you can and make sure whoever is hiring you does not have 5 interns and is going to actually teach you.
Pros
Free tickets to shows
Cons
No one getting paid