Just Energy logo

Just Energy Employee Reviews

2.9
Work-life balance

It’s ok

It’s a call Center has a lot stress level, however there’s plenty support and coaching. The schedule are not easy to be changed once you got assigned. You need to be a multitasking person.

Pros

Training, couching

Cons

Not flexible

Not enough Pay for the Job

It is an alright place to work at for a while. Does not pay enough for the amount of work. No place for growth. The management is not good. No bonuses .

Sometimes good sometimes mean team

It's a normal company with the typical employee benefits, nothing special. My manager is good but I heard some managers are not. It really depends. The hardest part of job is time management and tolerance

Pros

50% off on cafetaria food (salad and a good amount of food for lunch is only for 5 bucks)

Friendly Staff

Always a pleasure to go into work. The staff is very friendly. My supervisors have been very helpful and are great mentors. There is always something new to learn.

Pros

enjoyable environment

A place to gain some experience

Reviewing emails is key to achieving success and to respond to emails in an orderly fashion. Working smarter not harder provides the ability to get through the long hard days. The management team is mediocre at best. The managers are like robots and don't always have the ability to think for themselves, but are efficient.The hardest part of the job is dealing with escalated calls after hours until late at night. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to be yourself, but know at the end of the day it is a business and to conduct yourself in a professional manner. .

Pros

Flexible work hours

Cons

Long work hours

New Experience

Just Energy was a school for me. I learnt a lot about customer how to approach, how to talk and make a deal with a positive attitude.It was a place to work for a starter, we traveled a lot we see fun places and have fun at the same time

Pros

free lunch

Cons

5 to 6 hours a day

With 100% health benefits , its a good place to learn but no future scope

A great place to work with amazing benefits. No scope to move. Mix environment. load of work stress. But amazing package of health benefits and other benefits.

Pros

Big firm with big benefits

Cons

no future scope

that was costumer attraction company

i was working as a sales representative in just energy . i have to dress very well and attract with the consumers .i have to play lots of tricks to attract more costumers

Pros

they offer great reduction in price

Cons

the product they sell do not work well

Friendly atmosphere

Overall, it has been a great experience working at Just Energy. Learned new skills and have enhance my knowledge.The people are friendly and it can be fun working there.

not for the weak at heart

Was the most challenging job I've ever had to date, although challenges aren't negative this experience sure was primarily due to The CEO and some managers. Unrealistic sales quotas and aggressive sales techniques along with long road trips made this one of my least memorable experiences.

Pros

commisiion

Cons

management

Jobs at Just Energy

See more jobs

Sales!

This was my first real sales experience and I loved it. Very entrepreneurial group of go getters who are all very successful now in life thanks to the skills they learned at Just Energy.

Great learning envionment

I learned a lot during my time at JE such as customer service skills. The management was supportive and the workplace culture is diverse. I enjoyed working with my fantastic co-workers.

Pros

gained a lot of skills

succesful training programs

another energy company in a list of several I have been passed around too very forward moving success orientated I had many opportunities promised bit non delivered

challenging, fun at times, rewarding

it is a demanding and challenging job. the work place is fun to work at despite the challenges. there is great management in place within the company. they always do their utmost to motivate employees. it is a rewarding place to work at.

Good Company to work with

It is good company for those who want to excel in sales of the energy products and possess the cold marketing skills. The sales personnel to market the sale of energy products by adopting the door-to-door policy. However, the strategy has changed I believe after revision in he sales regulation. The pay is based on sales commission and hence suitable for those who can work on commissioned pay.

Pros

Team work

Cons

Commissioned based Pay

Ok work place

Reading a few they are ring JE atmosphere and high demands and unrealistic daily and monthly targets. They love to shame there employees Infront of the entire workplace.. they are disgusting.... Everyone sleeps with everyone in there. . Including the managers

Cons

Hours and walk of shame towards there employees is absolutely rude

fun place to work.

Meeting early in the morning to get organized and map out what area PR partner to work with. Walking door to door and knocking and representing the company and it's value. Lunch breaks but long hours of walking can earn bonuses and vacations. Good income potential.

Pros

free vacations

Cons

lots of walking

Not a good company to work for

promise you the best working environment, but when it comes down to it they always find a way to deduct something off of the pay. Also require you to pay for everything.

Pros

Cons

everything

Challenging and Cozy work Place

It provides a great opportunity to the challenging people who want to excel and earn accordingly. It pays very much importance in team work and every team member is exhorted to excel.

Pros

It is good for those who accept chaleenges

Cons

No routine

Great place to work if your motivated to make money but does require alot of hours.

the job is great if you are ok with not having any personal life as you are required to work 25/28 days in a 4 week period from 1-9pm each day. so not alot of wiggle room to have a personal life but the money is great if your motivated and teachable.

Pros

great money, independant contractor

Cons

hard work, no personal life.

Great people, but work expectation sucks!

great place to work except for the work expectation, and not willing to give raises frequently. They expected to do so much and weren't willing to pay more.

Pros

Incentives, Amazing Benefits

Cons

They expect too much, unrealistic expectations, Don't give raises frequently.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Just Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement