Just Energy logo
Just Energy

Just Energy Employee Reviews

It’s ok

It’s a call Center has a lot stress level, however there’s plenty support and coaching. The schedule are not easy to be changed once you got assigned. You need to be a multitasking person.

Pros

Training, couching

Cons

Not flexible

great way to make quick money if you're a hard worker.

This job was simply door-to-door sales, everyday we would meet at the office located in the south side of the city. The teams would have an hour meeting with our crew leaders and then we would be driven to our "area" of the day. We worked until 9. This job allowed me to make enough money to pay for 2 years of college without the help of student loans. The hardest part of the job was the repetitiveness of it and having to deal with the management, they were under a lot of stress because the turn over percentage was quite high. Door to door sales is not for everyone but with the time and effort, anyone can succeed and make as much money as they want. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting awesome customers at the door, that would brighten up my day with their kindness and humour.

Door to Door sales representative

a typical day involved me introducing myself to all kinds of people right at there front door, I would inform them of the kind of services we offer and by the end I would hopefully have an interested costumer to sing-up. i learned a lot about sales, and defiantly a lot about self confidence and how to handle all different kinds of situations involving the costumers. The hardest part of my job was meeting the quota by the end of the week, we had to have a certain amount of customers singed up per week, in order to receive a certain amount of money each week. My co workers were very respectful, out going group of people and the same goes for the management.

Door to door sales job with potential

The job is 100% commission and consists of knocking on doors trying to make people combine their electricity/gas bills. There is potential to make a killing in this job if you can sell but to me I found it very discouraging having 100 people say no and most of the time be quite rude. Also I do not want to be knocking on doors when it's -40 outside.

Pros

Tons of incentives, friendly work environment

Cons

long hours, 100% commision, door to door sales

Excellent employers

Just Energy has been a great company to be a part of, for the past 2 years I have been able to use a wide range of skills to benefit myself and the company, as well as learn new skills and procedures along the way. Management is great and understanding, and treats employees very well.

Pros

Fair company to work for

Do not work for just energy

This company has an "F" rating on the better business bureau for good reasons. 95% of their customers are being ripped off, their door to door sales man use pressure tactics even against seniors and people on disability. They also go around promising savings which doesn't happen either. Go on their wikipedia page if you dont believe me. As a customer service rep you deal with a lot of irate customers who dont understand why their bill is so high. Its because just energy has hidden fees. They go around saying customers will pay $90 for gas and ele but their actual bill is $300-$500 after all the costs they dont tell customers about. Who would want to work for such a scam company? My managers were not helpful, they told me to lie on the phone and promise customers savings. I refuse to scam people and i would never work for a scam company like just energy. PS - I met both CEO's of just energy, they are crooks who used to work at enron, its no wonder they created just energy.

Pros

office job

B2B financial selling.

Factoring businesses or financing business via Accounts receivables. Call and set appointments with business owners to help finance their business. Small organization with high profits. Great coworkers closely knit environment. Hardest part of the job was to deal with cx who didn't get approved for financing. Enjoyable part was going to work everyday.

Pros

Small organization, easy to communicate with higher management.

Cons

Small organization no room for advancement.

Good enviroment, professional and positive attitude

My day starts with me checking all voicemails as I am responsible for taking inbound calls. Once I have checked them all, I look that the schedule for the rest of the week and optimize it to make full we are at full capacity. Everyday is challenging with customer related inquiries, service calls and customer complaints. I also pitch when I get inbound calls ans try to get some sales into the system. I also do retention; so any accounts that aren't closed off, I try to retain and close them off. I work very closely with my co-workers and make sure I communicate with them and I have quick meeting with my manager and my team member to discuss conversions and make sure that we are working to the full potential. I love taking up challenges and love to problem solve. I love to interact with people so the hardest part would be the amount of issues that come up everyday and the enjoyable part would be able to succeed in solving them

Pros

Postive Environement

Cons

office politics, overworked, underpaid, unethical practices, corrupt managers

don't waste your time - you will deal with 95% angry or dissatisfied customers - learned during the first 12 months. but at one point, i knew more than my manager - management is two-faced, unfair and extremely biased. - 80% of employees get away with mediocrity. the 20% who are brilliant, don't stick around for very long. - drama never ends here - online reviews get worse and worse - BBB rating dropping - regulatory bodies auditing JE practices for years now - IC's use shady, unethical & pressure tactics to close sales, - negative publicity all over the media - among the most expensive prices in the market - contact centre roles being gradually outsourced to the U.S, providing less job security for Canadian employees I could go on all day long.....

door to door sales

Working at Just Energy provided me with the skills I will need for my future careers.

Pros

Long Walks

Cons

Long Hours

Jobs at Just Energy

See more jobs

Gooing door to door to sell Energy

Did not stay long enough to establish this job. really did not get any support on how to manage this job.

Pros

Learning about the different ways of energy in Toronto

Cons

Door to Door canvasing

Fun workplace

The workplace is out there in the public. You do door to door sales and you do not make money in the first year but you collect invaluable experience on how to interact with the public. This is the least paid job I did, but it's where I learned the most.

Pros

virtue of hard work

Cons

Not much money at the beginning

Long hours, Unreliable product.

This was a door to door sales job, the management was great, my co-workers were great the most enjoyable part of the job was the outdoors. The hardest part of the job was the product we were selling wasn't very beneficial to the customers and I had a guilty feeling selling it.

Pros

Commision based

Cons

Long hours and 7 days someimes.

Interesting place that introduced me to sales targets

At typical day at work, we the sales representatives go meet potential clients in areas researched for home improvements. I learned how to sell a product to a client and how to offer professional client services for home home improvements. In the evenings, we cold called the clients to inquire about their satisfaction levels with our products and services I loved working with a partner because we complemented each other's sales pitches and skills whenever it was needed

Pros

Income depends on personal sales

Cons

Little space for improvement

Great Multi-Tasking Environment

The Commercial Department is a great place to learn new processes and systems. This role requires multi-tasking and prioritization. It has a really open environment to bring about new ideas, processes, and adjustments.

Love all sports, art, poetry, music and most importantly family

My days are well structured, meaningful and measureable. Each day begins with an outline with specific goals. It is important to be able to evaluate not success daily but productivity and accomplishments. A most critical aspect of each and every day is in fact what I've learned and how to it apply it moving forward. As management it is essential to inspire and motivate co workers to seak and evaluate their own day and continue to grow as a team. It is more important to promote than self promote. Give value to the group without isolation. The most difficult aspect of any job is dealing with your experience. Remaining humble yet authoritative. People that are williing to learn and accept critiscism will thrive. Personalities must be dealt with in different ways. As difficult as it is to identify this it also becomes the most enjoyable part of working.

Very challenging job

I would work with a team to choose a location in Calgary to door knock. We would drive to the location with a map and work through the area. Door to door salespeople have to deal with a lot of rejection. I learned how to change the flow of a conversation from negative to positive, gained a lot of interpersonal skills, and learned how to manage a team.

Top Corporate Reception / Customer Service

I work in a fast paced corporate enviroment. I am responsible in maintaining top Customer Service.

Productive day at work

A typical day at work would be to arrive 10 minutes early. Log in your computer and phone system. Be ready for the first call at 9 am. Answer the phone being polite and product knowledge. Listen to each customer's concern and address each concern before ending the conversation. Provide product knowledge and thank them for calling Just Energy. Being available to help your co-workers through out the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is to satisfy each customer and have them say Thank you for your assistance.

Pros

Retentaining customer, product knowledge

Cons

Each call can take over 30 mins

Great enviroment

• Maintained a high level of customer care satisfaction • Nominated by management to peer mentor new hires • Consistently exceed team and individuals quotas in client satisfaction, quality and productivity by 10% • Awarded “Employee of the Month” for exceptional customer care • Awarded “Top Customer Service Representative” for two consecutive months

Just Energy is a natural gas and electricity company, the department I worked in was inbound customer service. I assisted a number of customer on a daily basis with task that varied from setting up services to retaining customers. The hardest part of my job on a daily basis was retaining irate customers; I worked in a team setting where metrics were reviewed weekly. The most enjoyable part of my day was seeing my co-workers as we were a great team. Management overall was questionable as some managers were located in a different country.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Just Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement