Just Energy logo
Just Energy

Just Energy Employee Reviews

It’s ok

It’s a call Center has a lot stress level, however there’s plenty support and coaching. The schedule are not easy to be changed once you got assigned. You need to be a multitasking person.

Pros

Training, couching

Cons

Not flexible

no proper processes put in place , management assistance hardly ever provided

unfriendly atmosphere i did acquired knowledge how alternate energy suppliers work . the company was clearly mismanaged

Pros

reward points and reduced prices on movie tickets i like the interaction with customers on the phone

Cons

regular 8 hr days but preferences was given according to race

Friendly work environment.

Fast pace work environment, with cooperative colleagues. Flexible work hours with possibility to work from home once a month. There is a place for growth.

Productivity and fun work place with foss ball table

A typical day at work consist of talking inbound calls assisting customers with bill issues, general inquires, payments, providing knowledge with products, etc,. Each customer is a brand new call which must be provided with excellent customer service experience. Must meet expect targets. From this job learned different programs such as Sigma, ERCOT, and CRM. Daily using MS Office. Learned as also how to manage time within calls while visually auditing, notation, and minimal dead air in calls. There is supportive management team there to assist in every need or find a way to assist in their best potential. The environment in the workplace is friendly, outgoing, and family.

Pros

Vacation provided after 3 month probation completed. Full benefits.

Cons

Stressful, long time sitting taking calls.

productive and fun work place,learn and meets intersting people everyday

Just Energy serves more than 1.8 million customers across North America. In more than 17 years, Just Energy has established itself as one of the top natural gas and electricity providers in the U.S. and Canada.Just Energy is committed to offering green energy options to residential and commercial customers alike. its was a great working experience for me.

fun workplace with awesome colleague

- we are in charge with negotiating customers to buy our products -It's really great for me to be in a multi culture ream - It's a commission base job but there is a bunch of bonuses

It is a Challenging place to work.

It is a productive company selling the best Volume products. A typical day at work is continuous process improvment learning and resolving customer issues from billing to account management to retrofitting products to meet customer needs. Learning Business Negotiation and business acumen. Find the positive niche in a negative environment. Learned what's like to be politically correct from Management. How to be a team player in a self centered environment To balance stress and enjoy work When you resolved a customer issue and offered them Peace of Mind and value for their business.

Pros

Free Snacks monthly

Cons

Stressful Job

Decent pay, but work culture could be better

Good stepping stone for career. Work culture varies depending on the office you are at. The overall management and direction of the company could be better.

Pros

Good people, competitive pay

Cons

work culture, management

Pure sales job

If you want a place that you can dedicate your life to, and get almost nothing out of it its the perfect job. You can make big money, while ignoring everything else of importance in your life, forget family time, time with friends, and pretty much everything else.

Cons

very long hours, and high possibility of making nothing for a few days straight

Work friendly environment

Work friendly environment. Good benefits. Good Exposure. Work life balance is good. Co-Workers are friendly. Opportunity of moving forward is limited.

Jobs at Just Energy

See more jobs

Entry Level

This is a great company for entry level SQL programmers. This company is good for people wanting to go to school after work.

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

No opportunity for advancement

Customer focus has been lost.

I am currently working at Just Energy in a dynamic and changing environment. Though I enjoy the challenge of new ideas and continuous learning, I am looking for a position that will allow me to use my recently acquired administrative and computer skills. The opportunities to move to this type of a role at Just Energy are minimal which is very frustrating as an employee. The environment has changed significantly from when I started, changing from a customer service role to a sales role with little focus on the customer. I understand that customer service must result in a mutually beneficial resolution for both the customer and the company, but at this time I feel the customer focus has almost disappeared.Customer focus has been lost. I enjoy the interaction with my co-workers and customers on a daily basis.

Pros

Company support to complete Certificate of Apprenticeship, through the Ontario College of Trades and Apprenticeship, certificate in Information Technology - Contact Centre Customer Service Agent.

Cons

The lack of a collaborative environment between employees and management.

Fun workplace to work in

The hardest part of the job is dealing with close minded people. The most enjoyable part is to work closely with the Director of CS and understand the core business and how the company economy works.

Energetic work culture with focus on professional development and growth

I learnt a great deal about sales, customer retention and providing exceptional customer service. Management is very supportive of your professional goals

fun cold

I liked it Manger was not a nice guy . Lots of bonus but hard to get . I liked dealing with the coustomers

Pros

trips

Total Review

I can say that this job was kind of entry level job. There is not any improvement in this position and it is completely the same as self-employee. I needed to handle all of the business by myself and design my strategy and my plans. There wasn’t any clear area as a territory and I was able to work any where as I wanted.

Good pay, awful work.

VERY long work hours, door-to-door sales. Paid based on performance but incredibly long work hours. In the office at 10:30am - 12:30pm, outside 1:00pm - 9:00pm or later, Mon - Sat. ALL WEATHER plus 1 week business trip with hotel costs taken out of pay. High turnover rate and very pushy management

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Everything else

Fair

JOB and the company infrastructure good with facilities but the management is ok as never aware of what is happening.

unappreciated

long hours with a lot of work, yearly raise of $0.25 with no opportunity of advancement

Great company

Working in a team environment selling energy. Door to door sales. Enjoyed working with co-workers and enjoyed management team.

great way to make quick money if you're a hard worker.

This job was simply door-to-door sales, everyday we would meet at the office located in the south side of the city. The teams would have an hour meeting with our crew leaders and then we would be driven to our "area" of the day. We worked until 9. This job allowed me to make enough money to pay for 2 years of college without the help of student loans. The hardest part of the job was the repetitiveness of it and having to deal with the management, they were under a lot of stress because the turn over percentage was quite high. Door to door sales is not for everyone but with the time and effort, anyone can succeed and make as much money as they want. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting awesome customers at the door, that would brighten up my day with their kindness and humour.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Just Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement