Just Energy

Just Energy Management reviews

The company is ok. Management was helpful and some of the managers were nice , a great deal of work politics, difficult to grow within the company. A lot of transitions and reorganizations and they laid me off when i told them i was pregnant. So i wouldn’t recommend this company as they don’t care for the employee experience.
Pros
Discounted cafeteria food when we were working on premises
Cons
Work politics, no job security
A typical day at work consist of talking inbound calls assisting customers with bill issues, general inquires, payments, providing knowledge with products, etc,. Each customer is a brand new call which must be provided with excellent customer service experience. Must meet expect targets. From this job learned different programs such as Sigma, ERCOT, and CRM. Daily using MS Office. Learned as also how to manage time within calls while visually auditing, notation, and minimal dead air in calls. There is supportive management team there to assist in every need or find a way to assist in their best potential. The environment in the workplace is friendly, outgoing, and family.
Pros
Vacation provided after 3 month probation completed. Full benefits.
Cons
Stressful, long time sitting taking calls.
It is a productive company selling the best Volume products. A typical day at work is continuous process improvment learning and resolving customer issues from billing to account management to retrofitting products to meet customer needs. Learning Business Negotiation and business acumen. Find the positive niche in a negative environment. Learned what's like to be politically correct from Management. How to be a team player in a self centered environment To balance stress and enjoy work When you resolved a customer issue and offered them Peace of Mind and value for their business.
Pros
Free Snacks monthly
Cons
Stressful Job
Good stepping stone for career. Work culture varies depending on the office you are at. The overall management and direction of the company could be better.
Pros
Good people, competitive pay
Cons
work culture, management
I am currently working at Just Energy in a dynamic and changing environment. Though I enjoy the challenge of new ideas and continuous learning, I am looking for a position that will allow me to use my recently acquired administrative and computer skills. The opportunities to move to this type of a role at Just Energy are minimal which is very frustrating as an employee. The environment has changed significantly from when I started, changing from a customer service role to a sales role with little focus on the customer. I understand that customer service must result in a mutually beneficial resolution for both the customer and the company, but at this time I feel the customer focus has almost disappeared.Customer focus has been lost. I enjoy the interaction with my co-workers and customers on a daily basis.
Pros
Company support to complete Certificate of Apprenticeship, through the Ontario College of Trades and Apprenticeship, certificate in Information Technology - Contact Centre Customer Service Agent.
Cons
The lack of a collaborative environment between employees and management.
I learnt a great deal about sales, customer retention and providing exceptional customer service. Management is very supportive of your professional goals
VERY long work hours, door-to-door sales. Paid based on performance but incredibly long work hours. In the office at 10:30am - 12:30pm, outside 1:00pm - 9:00pm or later, Mon - Sat. ALL WEATHER plus 1 week business trip with hotel costs taken out of pay. High turnover rate and very pushy management
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else
JOB and the company infrastructure good with facilities but the management is ok as never aware of what is happening.
Working in a team environment selling energy. Door to door sales. Enjoyed working with co-workers and enjoyed management team.
This job was simply door-to-door sales, everyday we would meet at the office located in the south side of the city. The teams would have an hour meeting with our crew leaders and then we would be driven to our "area" of the day. We worked until 9. This job allowed me to make enough money to pay for 2 years of college without the help of student loans. The hardest part of the job was the repetitiveness of it and having to deal with the management, they were under a lot of stress because the turn over percentage was quite high. Door to door sales is not for everyone but with the time and effort, anyone can succeed and make as much money as they want. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting awesome customers at the door, that would brighten up my day with their kindness and humour.
a typical day involved me introducing myself to all kinds of people right at there front door, I would inform them of the kind of services we offer and by the end I would hopefully have an interested costumer to sing-up. i learned a lot about sales, and defiantly a lot about self confidence and how to handle all different kinds of situations involving the costumers. The hardest part of my job was meeting the quota by the end of the week, we had to have a certain amount of customers singed up per week, in order to receive a certain amount of money each week. My co workers were very respectful, out going group of people and the same goes for the management.
Just Energy has been a great company to be a part of, for the past 2 years I have been able to use a wide range of skills to benefit myself and the company, as well as learn new skills and procedures along the way. Management is great and understanding, and treats employees very well.
Pros
Fair company to work for
This company has an "F" rating on the better business bureau for good reasons. 95% of their customers are being ripped off, their door to door sales man use pressure tactics even against seniors and people on disability. They also go around promising savings which doesn't happen either. Go on their wikipedia page if you dont believe me. As a customer service rep you deal with a lot of irate customers who dont understand why their bill is so high. Its because just energy has hidden fees. They go around saying customers will pay $90 for gas and ele but their actual bill is $300-$500 after all the costs they dont tell customers about. Who would want to work for such a scam company? My managers were not helpful, they told me to lie on the phone and promise customers savings. I refuse to scam people and i would never work for a scam company like just energy. PS - I met both CEO's of just energy, they are crooks who used to work at enron, its no wonder they created just energy.
Pros
office job
Cons
Factoring businesses or financing business via Accounts receivables. Call and set appointments with business owners to help finance their business. Small organization with high profits. Great coworkers closely knit environment. Hardest part of the job was to deal with cx who didn't get approved for financing. Enjoyable part was going to work everyday.
Pros
Small organization, easy to communicate with higher management.
Cons
Small organization no room for advancement.
don't waste your time - you will deal with 95% angry or dissatisfied customers - learned during the first 12 months. but at one point, i knew more than my manager - management is two-faced, unfair and extremely biased. - 80% of employees get away with mediocrity. the 20% who are brilliant, don't stick around for very long. - drama never ends here - online reviews get worse and worse - BBB rating dropping - regulatory bodies auditing JE practices for years now - IC's use shady, unethical & pressure tactics to close sales, - negative publicity all over the media - among the most expensive prices in the market - contact centre roles being gradually outsourced to the U.S, providing less job security for Canadian employees I could go on all day long.....
This was a door to door sales job, the management was great, my co-workers were great the most enjoyable part of the job was the outdoors. The hardest part of the job was the product we were selling wasn't very beneficial to the customers and I had a guilty feeling selling it.
Pros
Commision based
Cons
Long hours and 7 days someimes.
My days are well structured, meaningful and measureable. Each day begins with an outline with specific goals. It is important to be able to evaluate not success daily but productivity and accomplishments. A most critical aspect of each and every day is in fact what I've learned and how to it apply it moving forward. As management it is essential to inspire and motivate co workers to seak and evaluate their own day and continue to grow as a team. It is more important to promote than self promote. Give value to the group without isolation. The most difficult aspect of any job is dealing with your experience. Remaining humble yet authoritative. People that are williing to learn and accept critiscism will thrive. Personalities must be dealt with in different ways. As difficult as it is to identify this it also becomes the most enjoyable part of working.
• Maintained a high level of customer care satisfaction • Nominated by management to peer mentor new hires • Consistently exceed team and individuals quotas in client satisfaction, quality and productivity by 10% • Awarded “Employee of the Month” for exceptional customer care • Awarded “Top Customer Service Representative” for two consecutive months
Just Energy is a natural gas and electricity company, the department I worked in was inbound customer service. I assisted a number of customer on a daily basis with task that varied from setting up services to retaining customers. The hardest part of my job on a daily basis was retaining irate customers; I worked in a team setting where metrics were reviewed weekly. The most enjoyable part of my day was seeing my co-workers as we were a great team. Management overall was questionable as some managers were located in a different country.
THE GOOD - Good place to start a career in a call center environment, room for advancement and you can make good friends and have with your small group of buddies. THE BAD - Salary is very inconsistent, you start with a minimum pay and you do the same as someone that makes 5 dollars an hour more. Bonus and incentives are no good! only management gets the benefits of it and they don't do anything. Management team are just customer service reps from last week, no experience what so ever. The benefits are good, however because of that reason workers have to deal with a lot of non sense and be part of a factory system JE has without realizing that almost 90 percent of other companies also have 100% benefits...too sad.....there is much more but ill just jump to the ugly. THE UGLY. If you get stock in the same role for more than 2 years, that just simply means that you suck, and you will get tire of JE repetitive FACTORY like environment which like many factories make you a robot. MANAGEMENT SUCKS, 5 % of upper management knows who you really are, the rest is sucking up to their bosses and here it comes...POLITICS, JE has more politics than the US ELECTONS......Anybody that has worked a JE knows that and because of the benefits they cannot leave... FINAL POINT...get a bit of money, take advantage of the benefits, learn how corporate call centers are run, learn how to deal with customers...and get out of JE...
Pros
call center experience
Cons
Management, benefits, politics, training, management, upper management, hr, management, upper management
Door to door "sales" of hydro/gas products Management and co-workers friendly Competitive environment No job security Pays on commission only