Just Energy

Just Energy Management reviews

The company is ok. Management was helpful and some of the managers were nice , a great deal of work politics, difficult to grow within the company. A lot of transitions and reorganizations and they laid me off when i told them i was pregnant. So i wouldn’t recommend this company as they don’t care for the employee experience.
Pros
Discounted cafeteria food when we were working on premises
Cons
Work politics, no job security
Worked there for 5 yrs ...in the beginning it was GREAT the culture the staff salary and benefits it was like we were all family it lasted for 3 1/2 years . Then something changed in the management and the work place became toxic. Alot of ppl got laid off for foolish reasons due to" the work place is going in a New direction " ppl who were loyal to the company ...but they didnt care...not worth working there. wasnt broken!?
Cons
Pay is minimum staff not great
Training process was awesome and the training team is well qualified.Working here has always been so satisfying. You have ample opportunities to grow(only if you choose to).Management is cooperative and let you feel as important as any other employee.Vacation and holiday policy is also up to the mark.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Fewer commissions
The salary is on the lower end of treasury salaries and there is no career advancement at Just Energy. There are no bonuses and low pay raises. People are overworked and micromanaged.
Pros
Cons
Overworking employees, Micromanagement
Just Energy is an energy management solutions provider specializing in electricity and natural gas supply, green energy and energy efficiency tools. They have offices located across the US and Canada, serving approximately two million customers. With customer-centricity at our core, we are focused on our key pillar of delivering customer value and positive experiences at every touch point.
Not the best Salary. They would promise you bonuses and no matter how good you do, you just won't get them. Don't fall for their Six Sigma Green Belt Cash Bonus Program... Also, Some managers are a bunch of pot heads.
The job wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't commissioned based, thats all I have to say. Management was not a problem, the enjoyable part of it is that it is a team environment.
Bad place to work specially in operations. Nepotism and old cronyism is the way of life. Most of the junior management is rude, unprofessional and not worthy of their positions. They make people work overtime without any compensation of any kind even when they know the wages are below market.
it sucked. there was no training it was a script and you'd get the door closed on you it wasnt good and in fact it sucked they offered to pay for just attending training, but instead they didn't
Pros
quitting
Cons
working there
The best part of working with others at Just Energy was the culture of great people. A variety of events would be put on to keep employees happy and engaged.
Pros
Location, starting pay, and benefits package
Cons
Constant management/structure changes
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Just Energy?
The best thing is the people - great team culture. Opportunities to grow. Management seems to change every day. Busy environment but the day goes fast.
Great culture but tough place to work. Lots of calls on the regular. Management was great and things to do were good like movies next to building. Needs a cafe but there are food places near the workplace.
Don't do it. I'm not bitter. Nothing personal. I actually care for humans. That being said, please not not apply. Nothing is stable here. If you are new to Canada and you are looking to build your resume then yes, come for 3 months and quit. Coworker are amazing.
Pros
Call in sick through an automated system
Cons
Everything else. SERIOUSLY, Dont apply
Great placed to work, the lunch and learns with the senior management, and flexible hours made a huge impact on the culture of the job and great team environment.
Pros
free lunches and breakfast
Cons
Less training.
JE was a company with lots of opportunity to learn different processes in business and IT. Lots of management changes decreased the employers moral. The workplace culture is still one of the top advantage in JE.
Pros
Employees relation in IT team
Cons
instability in management decisions
Just Energy was a rewarding experience in the beginning. I company has great benefits, and amazing incentives. I learned allot about the energy sector here, and it also gave me an appreciation for hard work. Some Management was great up until my last year. Allot changed as the company got bigger. Workplace culture was great but at times stressful.
The corporate culture is very hostile due to the nature of the business. The commodity retail business is facing lot of regulatory challenges along with limitation on conducting business on door to door sales. There's the declining customer data bases is major concern of senior management which derives the restructuring of the corp.
I learnt writing my own SQL queries. quite challenging fun place. great team work, and experience in terms of working with call center globally. Weekly lunches with senior management was awesome.
Managers make a huge difference in the teams spirit. The operations side, the management style was unfair. A typical day at work included alot of upset employees in bathroom being blamed for system breakdowns in an unprofessional way.
A very busy and hectic place, you're under so much pressure to get the stats up or be prepared to be walked out through the door like a criminal who get punished for stealing
Pros
Free milk and coffee
Cons
Scheduled Breaks
Almost 10 years due to the money but I was not happy and the company is falling fast because of insecure employees. Company is now a 3rd party sales force
Pros
money if you work hard
Cons
Management is terrible and recent closures of offices is not a good sign for the future