Just Energy

Just Energy Job security & advancement reviews

The company is ok. Management was helpful and some of the managers were nice , a great deal of work politics, difficult to grow within the company. A lot of transitions and reorganizations and they laid me off when i told them i was pregnant. So i wouldn’t recommend this company as they don’t care for the employee experience.
Pros
Discounted cafeteria food when we were working on premises
Cons
Work politics, no job security
Training process was awesome and the training team is well qualified.Working here has always been so satisfying. You have ample opportunities to grow(only if you choose to).Management is cooperative and let you feel as important as any other employee.Vacation and holiday policy is also up to the mark.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Fewer commissions
The salary is on the lower end of treasury salaries and there is no career advancement at Just Energy. There are no bonuses and low pay raises. People are overworked and micromanaged.
Pros
Cons
Overworking employees, Micromanagement
Strong company were you can grow and I had a really good short time there because I moved to another country . There is much to learn there, i recomend it as a good job enviroment
Great Place to Work, plenty of opportunity to grow within the company. Great Mentors and fun work environment. Flexible working hours and opportunity to work remotely.
it sucked. there was no training it was a script and you'd get the door closed on you it wasnt good and in fact it sucked they offered to pay for just attending training, but instead they didn't
Pros
quitting
Cons
working there
The best part of working with others at Just Energy was the culture of great people. A variety of events would be put on to keep employees happy and engaged.
Pros
Location, starting pay, and benefits package
Cons
Constant management/structure changes
The best thing is the people - great team culture. Opportunities to grow. Management seems to change every day. Busy environment but the day goes fast.
Don't do it. I'm not bitter. Nothing personal. I actually care for humans. That being said, please not not apply. Nothing is stable here. If you are new to Canada and you are looking to build your resume then yes, come for 3 months and quit. Coworker are amazing.
Pros
Call in sick through an automated system
Cons
Everything else. SERIOUSLY, Dont apply
JE was a company with lots of opportunity to learn different processes in business and IT. Lots of management changes decreased the employers moral. The workplace culture is still one of the top advantage in JE.
Pros
Employees relation in IT team
Cons
instability in management decisions
Good company to work for but depending on your division and sector growth is Limited. If you are interested in a good job that has good benefits than this company is a great choice.
Pros
Subsidized Lunch
Just Energy was a rewarding experience in the beginning. I company has great benefits, and amazing incentives. I learned allot about the energy sector here, and it also gave me an appreciation for hard work. Some Management was great up until my last year. Allot changed as the company got bigger. Workplace culture was great but at times stressful.
People are very nice and friendly. Work can be very stressful and non-stop. Some managers are awesome to work with. Benefits are pretty good, but salaries are very low. There is no job security.
Pros
People are friendly - Benefits
Cons
Shifts can vary, no job security, low salaries
work place culture is good. I learned many things from that company I have developed my technical skills and soft skills. Even I come to know about work environment.
Pros
free beverages
Cons
regular hours
Door to door sales. great to start your sales career by putting you in front of different shades of society. You are able to earn a lot of money if you work extra hard and close more deals. Will have you question your ethics knowing that the company strategy is to win off the backs of the working class.
Just Energy is a fun loving environment that stresses both personal and professional development. If you love customer service and an opportunity to earn $50 000 a year then this is the place for you.
Pros
Sales
I have a great manager and have learned a lot, but hard to be excited about what JE does. The main office is in a rather boring party of Mississauga. Generally - the culture is to put in your hours, then get home as soon as possible. Nothing wrong with that, but I'd prefer to have a bit more fun with work.
Pros
Top tier manager & relative autonomy
Cons
Bad office location, few to no company events, no breakfast/lunch
Just Energy is a great organization. The future for Just Energy within the Energy industry is exciting. JE is a fantastic organization to work at. Highly recommended.
This company is good for the benefits and that's about all. The work and life balance was so off. I would not recommend this company to anyone in my immediate circle.
loved the work and the company I was working; however the management was poor and needs to be changed; there was miscommunications from the team . I felt I was left out in my first weeks of training.
Pros
good salary, great company, apportunities of advancement
Cons
long hours, poor management
Door to door company working 6 sometimes 7 days a week. Great money but poor work/life balance. Learned a lot of communication skills and dealing with people.
  1. Job Security & Advancement