Just Energy

Just Energy Culture reviews

The company is ok. Management was helpful and some of the managers were nice , a great deal of work politics, difficult to grow within the company. A lot of transitions and reorganizations and they laid me off when i told them i was pregnant. So i wouldn’t recommend this company as they don’t care for the employee experience.
Pros
Discounted cafeteria food when we were working on premises
Cons
Work politics, no job security
Worked there for 5 yrs ...in the beginning it was GREAT the culture the staff salary and benefits it was like we were all family it lasted for 3 1/2 years . Then something changed in the management and the work place became toxic. Alot of ppl got laid off for foolish reasons due to" the work place is going in a New direction " ppl who were loyal to the company ...but they didnt care...not worth working there. wasnt broken!?
Cons
Pay is minimum staff not great
The job wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't commissioned based, thats all I have to say. Management was not a problem, the enjoyable part of it is that it is a team environment.
Just energy is a great place to work very up to date with new technology that can assist with doing your day to day job. low pressure atmosphere great people
The best part of working with others at Just Energy was the culture of great people. A variety of events would be put on to keep employees happy and engaged.
Pros
Location, starting pay, and benefits package
Cons
Constant management/structure changes
The best thing is the people - great team culture. Opportunities to grow. Management seems to change every day. Busy environment but the day goes fast.
Great culture but tough place to work. Lots of calls on the regular. Management was great and things to do were good like movies next to building. Needs a cafe but there are food places near the workplace.
Great placed to work, the lunch and learns with the senior management, and flexible hours made a huge impact on the culture of the job and great team environment.
Pros
free lunches and breakfast
Cons
Less training.
JE was a company with lots of opportunity to learn different processes in business and IT. Lots of management changes decreased the employers moral. The workplace culture is still one of the top advantage in JE.
Pros
Employees relation in IT team
Cons
instability in management decisions
Just Energy was a rewarding experience in the beginning. I company has great benefits, and amazing incentives. I learned allot about the energy sector here, and it also gave me an appreciation for hard work. Some Management was great up until my last year. Allot changed as the company got bigger. Workplace culture was great but at times stressful.
The corporate culture is very hostile due to the nature of the business. The commodity retail business is facing lot of regulatory challenges along with limitation on conducting business on door to door sales. There's the declining customer data bases is major concern of senior management which derives the restructuring of the corp.
I learnt writing my own SQL queries. quite challenging fun place. great team work, and experience in terms of working with call center globally. Weekly lunches with senior management was awesome.
Una buena compañia, pero los servicios ofrecidos no son honestos
I just quit this place ! The trainers are liars and they don't teach you EXACTLY what you will need and tell you to lie to customers.The " Management Team " are a bunch of dirty bitter Bums that don't have management capacity, and lie and make fun of customers while they pretty much the company steals their money.ONLY someone working for this place you can see what really they do to scam customers.I worked at the Mississauga location in Ontario. 80 Courtneypark location.
work place culture is good. I learned many things from that company I have developed my technical skills and soft skills. Even I come to know about work environment.
Pros
free beverages
Cons
regular hours
I've enjoyed working at Just Energy, the culture within the South Department is excellent and everyone is family however the pay isn't enough and some of the requirements are too excessive.
Pros
Cons
Qa
I have a great manager and have learned a lot, but hard to be excited about what JE does. The main office is in a rather boring party of Mississauga. Generally - the culture is to put in your hours, then get home as soon as possible. Nothing wrong with that, but I'd prefer to have a bit more fun with work.
Pros
Top tier manager & relative autonomy
Cons
Bad office location, few to no company events, no breakfast/lunch
Good cultureGood managementGood environmentCommitment to workFriendly employeesGood communication between management and staff.Very professional employees and hard workers.Enjoyed working with them.
Pros
Good culture
I earned over 2 million dollars in 10 years with JE. It was a fantastic company for driven and hardworking entrepreneurs. Unfortunately, like many other companies, once they grew, the culture changed. The sales people that made the company what it was, were no longer seen as valuable. Slowly, it became a mediocre corporate culture, where sales people are looked down on, and not liked if they make more money that management. such a shame
Pros
great earning
Cons
long hours, no respect
Always a pleasure to go into work. The staff is very friendly. My supervisors have been very helpful and are great mentors. There is always something new to learn.
Pros
enjoyable environment
Overall, it has been a great experience working at Just Energy. Learned new skills and have enhance my knowledge.The people are friendly and it can be fun working there.