Just Energy

Just Energy Employee Reviews for Independent Contractor

this job you had to travel for many times a month. most of the time you were working alone in the community. i learned how to work alone and make sure that i got the job done in a good time
everyone goofed off and nobody took saving anybody energy prices seriously. theywill hire anybody but that doesnt mean your job is secure, if your not making the sales your not making any money and you will probably quit before they get a chance to fire you.
We would meet in the office at 11am have a meeting talk about the previous days excursions including sales or contacts, then after we would discuss new ideas and talk about the new location we would be heading to acquire new customers. Before we would depart we play a quick board room game that got all engaged and it was very entertaining in my opinion with the winner receiving points that could be converted into extra income.
It is good company for those who want to excel in sales of the energy products and possess the cold marketing skills. The sales personnel to market the sale of energy products by adopting the door-to-door policy. However, the strategy has changed I believe after revision in he sales regulation. The pay is based on sales commission and hence suitable for those who can work on commissioned pay.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Commissioned based Pay
Just Energy is a great place to work. My co-workers and Boss are great people and the work environment is very supportive and uplifting. The only issue I had with Just Energy was the hours 1030am to 930pm pretty much 7 days a week.
Pros
Great people, wages, and bonus
Cons
Long hours 7 days a week
people are nice, effective management, the day starts early morning and ends at 8 PM. Weather is so cold and we have to stay on the street for most of the time.
If you are outgoing, you love to meet new people and also achieve personal goals, then this is for you. It is a great place to form relationships with your employers and fellow employees.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
VERY long work hours, door-to-door sales. Paid based on performance but incredibly long work hours. In the office at 10:30am - 12:30pm, outside 1:00pm - 9:00pm or later, Mon - Sat. ALL WEATHER plus 1 week business trip with hotel costs taken out of pay. High turnover rate and very pushy management
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else
This job was simply door-to-door sales, everyday we would meet at the office located in the south side of the city. The teams would have an hour meeting with our crew leaders and then we would be driven to our "area" of the day. We worked until 9. This job allowed me to make enough money to pay for 2 years of college without the help of student loans. The hardest part of the job was the repetitiveness of it and having to deal with the management, they were under a lot of stress because the turn over percentage was quite high. Door to door sales is not for everyone but with the time and effort, anyone can succeed and make as much money as they want. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting awesome customers at the door, that would brighten up my day with their kindness and humour.
My days are well structured, meaningful and measureable. Each day begins with an outline with specific goals. It is important to be able to evaluate not success daily but productivity and accomplishments. A most critical aspect of each and every day is in fact what I've learned and how to it apply it moving forward. As management it is essential to inspire and motivate co workers to seak and evaluate their own day and continue to grow as a team. It is more important to promote than self promote. Give value to the group without isolation. The most difficult aspect of any job is dealing with your experience. Remaining humble yet authoritative. People that are williing to learn and accept critiscism will thrive. Personalities must be dealt with in different ways. As difficult as it is to identify this it also becomes the most enjoyable part of working.
Typical days started around one in the afternoon, after lunch we would start knocking on doors. Now I learned that people don't generally like to be harassed in their homes, but also the right approach and you can make any steaming hot head cool down to conversational level. It's all about attitude, persistence, guile, and a little smooth serenade .
Pros
I am one.
Cons
Long hours.
Door to Door sales. You have the opportunity to make very good money, but that requires knocking on peoples doors from 8am to 8pm 7 days per week.
it was an ok job!! i didnt like to work outside all the time! u started off late in the day and worked long in to the night and u had to get people to sign 5 year contract's!
  1. Independent Contractor