Just Energy

Just Energy Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

The best part of working with others at Just Energy was the culture of great people. A variety of events would be put on to keep employees happy and engaged.
Pros
Location, starting pay, and benefits package
Cons
Constant management/structure changes
Worked there for 5 yrs ...in the beginning it was GREAT the culture the staff salary and benefits it was like we were all family it lasted for 3 1/2 years . Then something changed in the management and the work place became toxic. Alot of ppl got laid off for foolish reasons due to" the work place is going in a New direction " ppl who were loyal to the company ...but they didnt care...not worth working there. wasnt broken!?
Cons
Pay is minimum staff not great
Just Energy is an exceptional place to begin working with. The environment is so warm and welcoming. The managers are so supportive and encouraging. Overall very good experience so far.
Don't do it. I'm not bitter. Nothing personal. I actually care for humans. That being said, please not not apply. Nothing is stable here. If you are new to Canada and you are looking to build your resume then yes, come for 3 months and quit. Coworker are amazing.
Pros
Call in sick through an automated system
Cons
Everything else. SERIOUSLY, Dont apply
A very busy and hectic place, you're under so much pressure to get the stats up or be prepared to be walked out through the door like a criminal who get punished for stealing
Pros
Free milk and coffee
Cons
Scheduled Breaks
People are very nice and friendly. Work can be very stressful and non-stop. Some managers are awesome to work with. Benefits are pretty good, but salaries are very low. There is no job security.
Pros
People are friendly - Benefits
Cons
Shifts can vary, no job security, low salaries
This is a typical call centre answering calls from Just Energy customer looking to make payments, set up new accounts, or cancel services. KPI's are pretty simple and easily attained.
Was promised a base salary plus commission and at the end of two weeks i was paid $67.00 after working long hours and two full weeks the only pay i got was $67.00 which was unfair
It provides a great opportunity to the challenging people who want to excel and earn accordingly. It pays very much importance in team work and every team member is exhorted to excel.
Pros
It is good for those who accept chaleenges
Cons
No routine
great place to work except for the work expectation, and not willing to give raises frequently. They expected to do so much and weren't willing to pay more.
Pros
Incentives, Amazing Benefits
Cons
They expect too much, unrealistic expectations, Don't give raises frequently.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Just Energy?
Just Energy's Advancement is close to none at all. Highly demanding atmosphere, not worth the salary. They certainly love to exploit their employees. They set unrealistic bench marks to attain a goal. Almost no incentives.
unfriendly atmosphere i did acquired knowledge how alternate energy suppliers work . the company was clearly mismanaged
Pros
reward points and reduced prices on movie tickets i like the interaction with customers on the phone
Cons
regular 8 hr days but preferences was given according to race
A typical day at work consist of talking inbound calls assisting customers with bill issues, general inquires, payments, providing knowledge with products, etc,. Each customer is a brand new call which must be provided with excellent customer service experience. Must meet expect targets. From this job learned different programs such as Sigma, ERCOT, and CRM. Daily using MS Office. Learned as also how to manage time within calls while visually auditing, notation, and minimal dead air in calls. There is supportive management team there to assist in every need or find a way to assist in their best potential. The environment in the workplace is friendly, outgoing, and family.
Pros
Vacation provided after 3 month probation completed. Full benefits.
Cons
Stressful, long time sitting taking calls.
I am currently working at Just Energy in a dynamic and changing environment. Though I enjoy the challenge of new ideas and continuous learning, I am looking for a position that will allow me to use my recently acquired administrative and computer skills. The opportunities to move to this type of a role at Just Energy are minimal which is very frustrating as an employee. The environment has changed significantly from when I started, changing from a customer service role to a sales role with little focus on the customer. I understand that customer service must result in a mutually beneficial resolution for both the customer and the company, but at this time I feel the customer focus has almost disappeared.Customer focus has been lost. I enjoy the interaction with my co-workers and customers on a daily basis.
Pros
Company support to complete Certificate of Apprenticeship, through the Ontario College of Trades and Apprenticeship, certificate in Information Technology - Contact Centre Customer Service Agent.
Cons
The lack of a collaborative environment between employees and management.
long hours with a lot of work, yearly raise of $0.25 with no opportunity of advancement
This company has an "F" rating on the better business bureau for good reasons. 95% of their customers are being ripped off, their door to door sales man use pressure tactics even against seniors and people on disability. They also go around promising savings which doesn't happen either. Go on their wikipedia page if you dont believe me. As a customer service rep you deal with a lot of irate customers who dont understand why their bill is so high. Its because just energy has hidden fees. They go around saying customers will pay $90 for gas and ele but their actual bill is $300-$500 after all the costs they dont tell customers about. Who would want to work for such a scam company? My managers were not helpful, they told me to lie on the phone and promise customers savings. I refuse to scam people and i would never work for a scam company like just energy. PS - I met both CEO's of just energy, they are crooks who used to work at enron, its no wonder they created just energy.
Pros
office job
Cons
A typical day at work would be to arrive 10 minutes early. Log in your computer and phone system. Be ready for the first call at 9 am. Answer the phone being polite and product knowledge. Listen to each customer's concern and address each concern before ending the conversation. Provide product knowledge and thank them for calling Just Energy. Being available to help your co-workers through out the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is to satisfy each customer and have them say Thank you for your assistance.
Pros
Retentaining customer, product knowledge
Cons
Each call can take over 30 mins
• Maintained a high level of customer care satisfaction • Nominated by management to peer mentor new hires • Consistently exceed team and individuals quotas in client satisfaction, quality and productivity by 10% • Awarded “Employee of the Month” for exceptional customer care • Awarded “Top Customer Service Representative” for two consecutive months
Just Energy is a natural gas and electricity company, the department I worked in was inbound customer service. I assisted a number of customer on a daily basis with task that varied from setting up services to retaining customers. The hardest part of my job on a daily basis was retaining irate customers; I worked in a team setting where metrics were reviewed weekly. The most enjoyable part of my day was seeing my co-workers as we were a great team. Management overall was questionable as some managers were located in a different country.
THE GOOD - Good place to start a career in a call center environment, room for advancement and you can make good friends and have with your small group of buddies. THE BAD - Salary is very inconsistent, you start with a minimum pay and you do the same as someone that makes 5 dollars an hour more. Bonus and incentives are no good! only management gets the benefits of it and they don't do anything. Management team are just customer service reps from last week, no experience what so ever. The benefits are good, however because of that reason workers have to deal with a lot of non sense and be part of a factory system JE has without realizing that almost 90 percent of other companies also have 100% benefits...too sad.....there is much more but ill just jump to the ugly. THE UGLY. If you get stock in the same role for more than 2 years, that just simply means that you suck, and you will get tire of JE repetitive FACTORY like environment which like many factories make you a robot. MANAGEMENT SUCKS, 5 % of upper management knows who you really are, the rest is sucking up to their bosses and here it comes...POLITICS, JE has more politics than the US ELECTONS......Anybody that has worked a JE knows that and because of the benefits they cannot leave... FINAL POINT...get a bit of money, take advantage of the benefits, learn how corporate call centers are run, learn how to deal with customers...and get out of JE...
Pros
call center experience
Cons
Management, benefits, politics, training, management, upper management, hr, management, upper management
. F/T work . learned customer satisfaction . enjoyed communication with co workers . unstable pay structure.
  1. Customer Service Representative