Just Energy

Just Energy Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

The job wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't commissioned based, thats all I have to say. Management was not a problem, the enjoyable part of it is that it is a team environment.
Strong company were you can grow and I had a really good short time there because I moved to another country . There is much to learn there, i recomend it as a good job enviroment
The corporate culture is very hostile due to the nature of the business. The commodity retail business is facing lot of regulatory challenges along with limitation on conducting business on door to door sales. There's the declining customer data bases is major concern of senior management which derives the restructuring of the corp.
I learnt writing my own SQL queries. quite challenging fun place. great team work, and experience in terms of working with call center globally. Weekly lunches with senior management was awesome.
Working for this company is a waste of time. They don't offer any training, don't even pay minimum wage and or any travel expenses. Now this business is illegal.
Just Energy was a commission work and they did not have a base payment. For that reason, I did not like working for them. The work was really hard, knowing the products and convincing clients. Despite the hard work and the time put in for work, there was no base salary. Only commission. However, I learned to work hard.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
It wasn't bad looking back at it. Commission wasn't the highest, but we got paid hourly and there were bonuses and we got paid weekly, which was nice. Overall I did enjoy having this job.
I have a great manager and have learned a lot, but hard to be excited about what JE does. The main office is in a rather boring party of Mississauga. Generally - the culture is to put in your hours, then get home as soon as possible. Nothing wrong with that, but I'd prefer to have a bit more fun with work.
Pros
Top tier manager & relative autonomy
Cons
Bad office location, few to no company events, no breakfast/lunch
Was promised a base salary plus commission and at the end of two weeks i was paid $67.00 after working long hours and two full weeks the only pay i got was $67.00 which was unfair
I earned over 2 million dollars in 10 years with JE. It was a fantastic company for driven and hardworking entrepreneurs. Unfortunately, like many other companies, once they grew, the culture changed. The sales people that made the company what it was, were no longer seen as valuable. Slowly, it became a mediocre corporate culture, where sales people are looked down on, and not liked if they make more money that management. such a shame
Pros
great earning
Cons
long hours, no respect
We would meet in the office at 11am have a meeting talk about the previous days excursions including sales or contacts, then after we would discuss new ideas and talk about the new location we would be heading to acquire new customers. Before we would depart we play a quick board room game that got all engaged and it was very entertaining in my opinion with the winner receiving points that could be converted into extra income.
i was working as a sales representative in just energy . i have to dress very well and attract with the consumers .i have to play lots of tricks to attract more costumers
Pros
they offer great reduction in price
Cons
the product they sell do not work well
This was my first real sales experience and I loved it. Very entrepreneurial group of go getters who are all very successful now in life thanks to the skills they learned at Just Energy.
It provides a great opportunity to the challenging people who want to excel and earn accordingly. It pays very much importance in team work and every team member is exhorted to excel.
Pros
It is good for those who accept chaleenges
Cons
No routine
The only hardest part about this Job is due to its field work, you have to work outside no matter the weather condition. I learnt how to fix the hardest part of life, developed my skills up 94%, Organisation, goal set-up and team work. The management is wonderful and my co-worker are family to me. The most enjoyable part about the work is when you make more than your expectation at thee end of the week.
Pros
free transportation
Cons
It was the worst job ever, it was door to door sales and commission based, if you don't sell anything you don't make anything. it was also very unprofessional.
Pros
outdoors
Cons
Ever changing workplace with a different area everyday in and around Toronto and also road trips across the province. Great managerial support and great team atmosphere where group success is a collective priority. Life-changing skills are taught such as self-confidence, interpersonal communication, and statistical application.
Pros
Never boring
Cons
Just Energy is a fast paced environment that keeps one highly engaged. Every day is different, which makes it exciting to work in this environment.
Just Energy serves more than 1.8 million customers across North America. In more than 17 years, Just Energy has established itself as one of the top natural gas and electricity providers in the U.S. and Canada.Just Energy is committed to offering green energy options to residential and commercial customers alike. its was a great working experience for me.
- we are in charge with negotiating customers to buy our products -It's really great for me to be in a multi culture ream - It's a commission base job but there is a bunch of bonuses
I can say that this job was kind of entry level job. There is not any improvement in this position and it is completely the same as self-employee. I needed to handle all of the business by myself and design my strategy and my plans. There wasn’t any clear area as a territory and I was able to work any where as I wanted.