Just Energy

Just Energy Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Got to interact with a variety of people daily. It wasn't always a guaranteed paycheck and there was a lot of travelling as well as long hours across the city
it sucked. there was no training it was a script and you'd get the door closed on you it wasnt good and in fact it sucked they offered to pay for just attending training, but instead they didn't
Pros
quitting
Cons
working there
They require you to work 6-7 days a week from 9am to 9pm. No understanding for needing time to take care of your family or health. Its pressure sales, they advise you to lie to get the client to sign. You must go on a road trip once a month out of town for sales at your own cost, they say you can write off the hotel cost at tax season, however they pay for the hotel and deduct it from your paycheck without having written it is for hotel , it just says "deduction" so the managers get to write off the hotel costs, and you don't get any of the tax breaks you should get as an independent contractor.
promise you the best working environment, but when it comes down to it they always find a way to deduct something off of the pay. Also require you to pay for everything.
Pros
Cons
everything
A typical day would begin with a meeting then an encouraging speech and cheer. I learned some very crucial customer service skills . My co-workers were very well spoken individuals. The hardest part was trying to sell the contracts to the communities who might've needed them while the most enjoyable part of the job was the entertaining car rides.
Pros
Alot of time to get the job right.
Cons
Alot of walking.
Just Energy is a great place to work. My co-workers and Boss are great people and the work environment is very supportive and uplifting. The only issue I had with Just Energy was the hours 1030am to 930pm pretty much 7 days a week.
Pros
Great people, wages, and bonus
Cons
Long hours 7 days a week
If you want a place that you can dedicate your life to, and get almost nothing out of it its the perfect job. You can make big money, while ignoring everything else of importance in your life, forget family time, time with friends, and pretty much everything else.
Cons
very long hours, and high possibility of making nothing for a few days straight
VERY long work hours, door-to-door sales. Paid based on performance but incredibly long work hours. In the office at 10:30am - 12:30pm, outside 1:00pm - 9:00pm or later, Mon - Sat. ALL WEATHER plus 1 week business trip with hotel costs taken out of pay. High turnover rate and very pushy management
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else
Working in a team environment selling energy. Door to door sales. Enjoyed working with co-workers and enjoyed management team.
This job was simply door-to-door sales, everyday we would meet at the office located in the south side of the city. The teams would have an hour meeting with our crew leaders and then we would be driven to our "area" of the day. We worked until 9. This job allowed me to make enough money to pay for 2 years of college without the help of student loans. The hardest part of the job was the repetitiveness of it and having to deal with the management, they were under a lot of stress because the turn over percentage was quite high. Door to door sales is not for everyone but with the time and effort, anyone can succeed and make as much money as they want. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting awesome customers at the door, that would brighten up my day with their kindness and humour.
The job is 100% commission and consists of knocking on doors trying to make people combine their electricity/gas bills. There is potential to make a killing in this job if you can sell but to me I found it very discouraging having 100 people say no and most of the time be quite rude. Also I do not want to be knocking on doors when it's -40 outside.
Pros
Tons of incentives, friendly work environment
Cons
long hours, 100% commision, door to door sales
fun workplace and good team members==a typical day at work what you learned==teamwork management==good your co-workers==fun the hardest part of the job==working till late nights the most enjoyable part of the job===lunch
have respect to the staff ,pay good money and they are good at tranning new workers
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
no benefits