Just Energy logo
Just Energy

Just Energy

Just Energy Employee Review

Productive and energetic envoirnment

We would meet in the office at 11am have a meeting talk about the previous days excursions including sales or contacts, then after we would discuss new ideas and talk about the new location we would be heading to acquire new customers. Before we would depart we play a quick board room game that got all engaged and it was very entertaining in my opinion with the winner receiving points that could be converted into extra income.

3.0Job security/advancement

Same role

door to door sales

this job you had to travel for many times a month. most of the time you were working alone in the community. i learned how to work alone and make sure that i got the job done in a good time
Same role

lazy workplace

everyone goofed off and nobody took saving anybody energy prices seriously. theywill hire anybody but that doesnt mean your job is secure, if your not making the sales your not making any money and you will probably quit before they get a chance to fire you.
Same location

Disorganized and employees are not important

Only was with the company for about 2 months. Got sick for three days, informed my manager in advance each day as I was told was the guideline. Told when I returned I would need a sick note. I was not allowed to return until I produced a sick note. Provided a sick note after 2 more missed days of work. Then was told because the dates on the note were written day/month/year and not month/day/year that I would need a new note. At this point I'd had missed 3 more days of work and decided to quit. Luckily I started applying for new jobs the first day they refused to let me return and had a new job that Friday. It seems there's a disconnect between their HR and management or their US and Canada operations. But essentially don't get sick and you could potentially have an OK job. But based on management/HR not being able to interpret a different date layout in a reasonable amount of time, you're better off looking for a company that can hire some compentant management. Besides that during my time I received no feedback on my calls specifically so it was hard to know how good I was at the job. The other people seem pretty nice and hopefully are able to move on to better careers. Cherry on top even though I informed my manager I quit. I was informed a week later I was fired for job abandonment for missing time while employed for another company. Almost as though the fact I quit was just not understood or not relayed to HR.

Pros

Pay was decent, coworkers are nice

Cons

Management is useless, HR is even worse

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Just Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement