Just Cozy Employee Reviews

Worst job experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC6 November 2019
My shifts were scheduled for 10-6 which is a 7.5 hour shift, but I was told by the manager I had to come in at 9:30am to be open by 10am and stay until 6:30pm to close, so I actually fact my shift I would work out a total of 9 hours but when my paid cheque came I was only getting paid for 7.5 hours. When I brought this problem up to the manager and district manager they were extremely unhelpful and Unwilling to solve the issue at hand and pay me for the correct hours I worked. Another issue I had with this company is that they did not care to train me to do this job properly. On my first shift I was told a very vague description on how to run the cash register then on shift manager left me to fend for myself when a customer come in to do a return I apologized and had I figure out how to do the returns on my own. This not only stressful for me but it took a long time to get this task done. When the manager return she told me her shift was over and that I was to close the store by myself the manager left without training me on the steps to close the store properly and again I was left I figure it out on my own. I find this to unexceptionable behaviour. I would not recommend this job to anyone.
Nightmare if you need pay promptly or ROE
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Various locations29 October 2019
Very poor management. They are very disorganized. Getting ROE and other additional documents and getting them correct are a nightmare. They force your hand to be very assertive and aggressive to get what your rightfully have earned. No accountability for anything.
Accusatory of all staff for theft when it is certainly on their management level where they should be focusing.
Drama Central
Retail/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC20 October 2019
Not only will you consistently wonder whether or not you're going to be paid (long stretches where "missing paperpwork" is the only reason they will give you for the lack of cheque), each individual store/kiosk actually functions as a miniature cesspool of drama!

They hire primarily young females of questionable quality/work ethic. Management is underpaid and overwhelmed. Stock is always missing with no reliable or consistent method of requesting new product.

This being said, the atmosphere is pretty relaxed. The job is pretty easy. If you like folding clothes and don't mind dealing with a crabby manager and lazy colleagues, the pay is good enough to stick around for. Don't expect a promotion, though!
Poorly organized
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada19 October 2019
This company is poorly organized. There were bonuses mentioned to managers in previous years that were not given. We weren't adequately stocked, which ended up creating a negative shopping experience for customers.
was a fun store to work
Part Time Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 July 2019
As a first time employee I enjoyed working with Just cozys, i always had good hours, although i did have a few struggles with management, including loss of pay once, and hours not being set right other then that it wasnt a bad job.
Pros
good hours
Cons
lack of item deliverys
It provided me a very safe and clean environment to work
Cashier and sales associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 July 2019
1) The training given to me was excellent and very helpful.
2) The working environment provided was so safe and enjoyful.
3) The team and manager were so cooperative and helpful.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Short breaks
fun and welcoming environment
Surrey (Former Employee) –  Surrey6 April 2019
Just Cozy is a welcoming and exciting environment. Staff members are incredibly kind and show compassion towards a versatile amount of customers. Perfect job for newcomers.
good first job
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 January 2018
It was a great first job experience. Management was always helpful if you were ever confused. It was nice to learn new skills and especially learning how to work independently but also with a team.