JUMP+ Employee Reviews

You get what you put in
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 April 2019
I find that a lot of people dislike this job weren't meant for sales or customer service....

Honestly it's one of those jobs where if you come to work and put in a decent effort, you WILL make money and you WILL get along with management/co workers.

It really doesn't take much to make anyone in upper management happy as long as. you care about your job.

The district manager is amazing if you actually TRY and the owners are great too I really don't see the issue.
Pros
Working with Apple products, awesome co-workers
4 April 2019

You're heading absolutely captures our culture! We pride ourselves in relationships with our staff that are based on shared vision that requires input from everyone at every level! Thanks for being part of our Jump+ family

It's been an overall good experience
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2019
- Over I've had a good time at Jump. I could be wrong, I haven't worked too many other retail jobs, but it pays more than most places. You get usually 14 an hour plus commission at a certain point and a discount.

- It's retail so work life is whatever availability you give them.

- No complaints with the managements, it's a smallish company so the owners are involved
Pros
Discount on products and phone plan
Cons
Can be slower paced than other retail jobs
4 April 2019

Thanks for the positive feedback. We look forward to your continued growth with us!

Productive Work Enviorment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 April 2019
Working at Jump+ has been one of the best work experiences. My manager is very understanding and easy to work with, she does not put you down or make you feel bad when you make mistakes. My co-workers are also fun to work with, making it an easy going enviorment. It is hourly + commission based which is an extra plus, along with the solid employee discounts. The training is very extensive and thorough which is helpful because we have customers looking for specifics in products which allows us to help them feel confident with their investment.
Pros
Flexible hours, great enviorment, supportive staff and leadership
Cons
Different leadership styles in management team
4 April 2019

Thanks for the feedback! Welcome to our newest team, which has represented our values of delivering an excellent customer experience!

Awful Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 April 2019
This company does not care about any of its employees. They will under pay you and still expect their employees to be 100% committed while only making $14.00 an hour. The commission makes the wage a bit better, but lets be real, employees work very hard for their commission!

The work environment is toxic and the district manager is unprofessional with no sense of professionalism. She talks poorly about employees and has no problem with yelling at her staff in front of customers. Which is not only disrespectful but also humiliating. She shows favouritism to certain employees and if you're not one of those employees, then watch out! The best thing this company could do is fire her and get a district manager that actually cares about not only the company but the employees. If they did that then maybe they could keep good employees for once.

If you are applying for a job at Jump+ here is a recommendation, JUST DON'T!

I have friends that still work at Jump+ and heres a tip to whoever is reading this; don't believe any of the 5 star reviews, head office sent out an email asking for employees to give them a good rating!

FAKE!
Pros
Co-workers were fantastic
Cons
The district manager was horrendous
4 April 2019

Thanks for the feedback, we do take it to heart.
A couple of comments on your review:

Staff: The company absolutely cares about the staff, we provide positive feedback and suggest areas for improvement. Jump+ prides itself on having an executive team made of of staff who started with us in our infancy and have progressed to executive positions. These include senior managers in purchasing, operations, service and business development - who all started in sales.

Kitchener as a new store, has a lot of learning to do to come up to speed and meet the standards of our other stores. This takes effort and buy in to a vision of growth and constant improvement, and may not be a fit for everyone.

The DM for the region is one of the kindest, most inspiring managers we have ever come across. She has turned around several stores who have teams that perform, are happy and understand and love our story. We wish you could have stayed with us a little longer to understand the impact of this transformation.

We pay fair wages and incentives for meeting our targets and goals yes, we do expect people to work for them, as this is a place of employment.

Finally, we do ask our staff to share positive stories. With over 300 people who are working in an environment they thrive in, it is only fair to showcase this point of view as well.

We regret your experience with us did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to constantly review and improve our process and our communication. We wish you good luck in your future endeavors.

Fun Environment
Sales Associate/Apple Product Champion (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 March 2019
Being an employee for the company/store 4 years and on-going, they have provided a lot of resources and taught me a lot of knowledge that made me take interest in technology more than before. And not to mention, customer service skills which I never had before prior to being a member of the team. When I was first designated to be a (Specific) Apple Product Champion role, I have taken my job more seriously and shown the love and interest to educate, to not only our customers, but my fellow co-workers as well, so they can be successful themselves. In response from that, I have shown much appreciation from my peers, and past/present management for it. Working a typical day can be hectic and stressful, but when I encounter those individuals who know very little about technology, I've always shown great patience to assist them by providing them a quick demo of their product or answer, troubleshoot any concerns they may have in regards to technology related, especially their Apple Products. While working with past to present employees, we all have treated each other with respect. Yet had a lot of fun. Differences may have been had from time to time, but when adapting to work environment and changes, it becomes a new working experience and more working knowledge to be garnered from it.
Pros
Fun Staff to work with, you learn something new everyday.
4 April 2019

Thanks for your positive energy and for your dedication to our vision! Your contributions have made a difference not only in your team, but beyond in other branches of our network. Seeing your development over the years has been incredible and we look forward to many more years of professional growth. Thanks for being part of the Jump+ family!

You will hate yourself if you work here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 March 2019
Do yourself a favor and stay far away from this company. Jumps head office and district managers motto is to lie and manipulate you. Staff are over worked, under payed and under appreciated. If you want to feel respected in away this is not the place for you. The district manager lies to your face, gossips about everyone in front of others and then back stabs them by firing them and is unprofessional. Head office doesnt know to market at all, jumps prices are higher than apples and are all unprofessional. I am so glad I left Jump, I've never been happier and less stressed in my entire life.
Pros
Leaving this terrible company
Cons
District manager, CEO's are unintelligent, prices are not the same as apple
4 April 2019

This review is disheartening to hear, especially since it keeps resurfacing every few months in different platforms dating back to early 2018. As we explained at the time we parted ways, our company is one that pursues excellence in customer satisfaction. As such, the standards we require of our staff reflect the demands of ensuring we adhere to customer expectations. When staff are unable to understand that vision and deliver the service that customers expect, we have to make difficult decisions and understandably that creates stress. This is a difficult for both staff and the company.

Overview
Apple Product Professional (Current Employee) –  Ontario29 March 2019
As much as I love my job, there have been some cons. I found the training to be very confusing and not organized. I also do not enjoy not having banked vacation hours, it forces us to even budget our vacations that we’ve worked so hard to obtain. Other than that my experience has been fantastic. The dynamic between authorities and pears is fantastic and my job is very cool! I realize the company is still new and has some things to work on but I beleive that they are definitely headed in the right direction!
Pros
Commission
Cons
Unorganized at times
4 April 2019

This is good feedback and we will use it in improving our training process and in evaluating our remuneration practices. If there are specific suggestions for improving the training that you did not include in the post training survey, please feel free to share them with us directly. I can be reached at belinda@jumpplus.com

Room for advancement, growing company. Family like management
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 March 2019
Upper management is really involved with the day to day operations of the store.
Staff at the stores are amazing.
Started as sales, now an administrator with tons of room to advance as we expand out west.
Of course there is always room for improvement but they’ve definitely been open to feedback for. Hours to budget is a struggle sometimes because it’s based on last years hours/profits (at least I believe), but continually add more roles to stores. Previous years staff was very different (role and number of staff wise).

I don’t feel like a little voice which is good for a growing company.
I am truly happy here.
Pros
Benefits, staff
Cons
Can be long hours depending on role and time of year, Restriction on budgeting hours based on last years goals
4 April 2019

Your comments absolutely summarize what we stand for. As a company that has grown from one to 15 stores in just a few years there has been an emphasis on giving a voice to the staff that understand and buy into our vision. You are the tiles that have contributed to our mosaic! Yes, there have been challenges and growing pains, as is to be expected as a small company becomes larger with changing processes and adapting to increasing demands to achieve excellence in the service we provide our customers. It is through the devotion of staff like you that we continue to listen and improve. Thanks for being part of our Jump+ family!

Opportunities are plentiful if you put the work in
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2019
I've thoroughly enjoyed my time with Jump+. I've had the opportunity to work closely with ownership and I can say, without a doubt, that they're wonderful people who want the best for their employees. Opportunities are plentiful if you put the work in. Incredible level of support where you can reach out to any other person in any other store, and you'll get the help you need. Feedback and ideas are shared from store to store. Ideas generated at store level are valued and implemented across multiple locations.
Pros
People, support system, training, leadership
Cons
Retail hours and seasonal volume can be challenging at certain times of the year.
4 April 2019

Thanks for your feedback. At Jump+ we do operate as a family, and try to expand the network of support beyond one team or one store to include as many people throughout the company as possible sharing best practices:

Terrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario29 March 2019
This company is a company you can never advance in , your pay remains the same ,DONT WASTE YOUR LIFE HERE because management and headquarters individuals don’t care about you
Pros
Nice Coworkers
4 April 2019

We are saddened by this review, especially since our executive team is made up entirely of staff who shared our vision, always contributed to making the company better and have developed their skills and grown with us. Sales staff have advanced to become managers, service technicians have advanced to become General service managers, Assistant managers advanced to become senior purchasers, managers advanced to become Operations managers, and iOS technicians have advanced to become Business Development Strategists. Advancement, however, is based on merit. Performance is measured regularly and and excellent performance is recognized and rewarded. We regret your experience in our company was different than the path of our most successful staff. If you would like to provide us details that will enable us to better understand your particular circumstances, beyond what may have been discussed at an exit interview, we would love to hear from you. I can be reached at belinda@jumpplus.com

Great place to work and grow
Mac Technical Champion (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB29 March 2019
I have worked for the company for going on 5 years and over that time have been able to grow in my role and move up steadily by putting in the work. This is a place that will reward those who show they are dedicated to their job and a place that values both the customers and the employees. There are times when you may be pushed a bit or get a bit frustrated but this is something that is common in every job that I have worked. What is not common is being able to see that in the end that was worth it for you. I have been able to start off as a technician and work my way up to a point where I am helping on a company level. That whole time was not smooth as the store and company grew and staffing changed, but it has been worth it.

I have read that others have said management has been difficult to deal with, etc. But this has not been my experience. Sure they push you and you may not agree with everything they say but I have always been able to converse with them even up to a head office level without issue and they all seem to be open to input and ideas. That doesn't mean that your idea will necessarily change anything but it is typically taken into account. It is not often that you can call the CEO of a company you work for and talk with them like you can here.

All in all I would certainly recommend Jump+ as a place of work, especially if you enjoy a challenge and are a hard worker. It can easily pay off.
Pros
Potential for growth, Friendly management, good atmosphere, competitive pay
Cons
Dealing with customers can be difficult (common with anything in this industry).
4 April 2019

Thanks for your feedback! You absolutely reflect our culture of growth, and valuing the input of our team members. Growth is never easy and certify does not come about effortlessly. It requires constant evaluation and tweaking of our processes and practices so that we can ensure our standards continue to strive for the highest levels of excellence. Your input is always valued and heard. Decisions are made based on lots of factors which need to be taken into account. We hope we are always approachable to explain our decision making criteria and to reevaluate decisions as needed. We look forward t many more years of growth and development!

management was terrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON1 March 2019
the stores district manager does know know how to be professional when confronting a situation. she will throw another employee under the bus after them having a private conversation with management. the dm is blunt and will not step in when a problems continues with another employee.
Pros
friendly employees
Cons
terrible management
4 April 2019

It saddens us to hear a review which is more a personal attack than an assessment of a workplace. Sadly, there was some rebuilding in the stores which share this review (Hamilton, St. Catharines and Kitchener) due to poor performance and a toxic culture. Over the past few months, this District Manager you are accusing, has improved the following aspects of the company: (1) customer ratings in all locations now reflect a much higher standard customer service and satisfaction, (2) sales have grown significantly due to the refocus on ensuring customer solutions are understood, properly positioned, and developed, (3) morale has improved as well with teams that are committed, cohesive and assist one another. All in all, this district manager has brought about tremendous, objective and measurable improvements to the area. We regret you were unable to partake in the vision and the transformation.

Worst Job Experience
Former employee (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL27 January 2019
If your looking for a job in which you would like to grow and feel rewarded for your work this is not the job for you.

Being a family owned business I thought it would be a great opportunity to work for them... I could not have been more wrong.. Management is terrible and condescending, which is a standard set by the owners. The business tries to hold up the persona that it is an Apple store, but when compared to Apple standards it is an absolute joke. Turn over rate is extremely high and people get fired without cause on a regular basis.

Staff are constantly overworked and very underpaid. There is very little training/coaching but you are expected to achieve high sales despite this. Due to this customers get low quaility customer service and in many cases treated very poorly.

This is without a doubt the worst company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Cons
Overworked and underpaid, terrible management, little to no training, job security
4 April 2019

In looking at the date this was posted, this is a disheartening review to read, especially since our team in St, John's has been one of our most stable and highest performing stores over the past 2 years, since we turned the store around due to a toxic environment and poor performance.
We do not have records of anyone leaving in January, so we would certainly welcome the opportunity to understand if this review reflects the current environment or the one we strived so hard to transform a few years back.
Please reach out directly at belinda@jumpplus.com
We do take feedback to heart, and while it may be too late to turn your employment experience around, we would welcome the opportunity to learn from your situation and hopefully make it better for others going forward.

Worst Company In The World!!!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 January 2019
I quit after a month this is the worst company on the face of this planet. They have no idea what they're doing upper management on talking, they're very rude, they don't know what they're talking about half the time. I could go on and on but I feel like I'll be reading a book and I'm not trying to do that. The pay is garbage absolute garbage. So now I understand why this company gets a 1.5 rating out of 5 stars complete garbage
Pros
My staff were friendly great attitude
Cons
Upper management, garbage pay no room for advancement even though no one would want to advance
4 April 2019

Thanks for the feedback. We are unaware of a store manager that resigned after a month, so we would certainly welcome hearing from you directly to determine what transpired in such a short time frame to make you feel this way.
We do value feedback and if there are concerns about management that would not have been raised in an exit interview, we would welcome the opportunity to hear any suggestions that would allow us to improve. Please email me at belinda@jumpplus.com

H o r r i b l e
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 January 2019
If you want to work for this company please think LONG & HARD and DON'T!!!

Owners,Upper management(dms) watch the cameras hardcore and do not trust the staff you will feel watched your entire shift

They expect you to bend over backwards for a minimum wage job
and expect that staff work over scheduled shifts as well as they don't care if you haven't had a day off or not

Training is garbage and it will be nothing like the apple store

Most of your coworkers you will be amazing and really great people to work with
Pros
Coworkers will be amazing
Cons
everything else sucks
4 April 2019

We are sorry your review is as discouraging as it is, and would certainly welcome hearing your comments directly to see what went wrong in our relationship. If there are details you can share with us directly that would not have been brought up in an exit interview, we would welcome the opportunity to heard from you directly so we can learn from this situation. It certainly does not reflect the employment relationship we strive for.

A couple of responses to your comments:

a. Owners and managers do not police staff via cameras. We are from time to time, in need to check footage due to customer escalations or potentially fraudulent transactions. When we do look at the footage, many times unwarranted behaviour is also noticed which needs coaching or correcting. This is an opportunity for us to discuss and improve. It should never come across as mistrusting, but rather a learning opportunity for all involved.

b. Scheduling should respect work life balance, and no staff is expected to work extra shifts. This is quite surprising to hear as we actually limit maximum hours worked by all staff quite carefully. If there was a situation that warranted additional shifts (such as covering for a sick co worker, and emergency coverage required) these would be always be optional and paid according to overtime regulations. If this was not the case with you, this is something we would welcome hearing about as it would fall outside of our practices and policies.

c. We provide an opportunity for our staff to assess and give us feedback on training (most of which is actually provided  more... by Apple). If there were areas you would like to comment on that would not have been brought up on this survey, again, I would welcome hearing from you directly and constructively.

Thanks
Belinda Schneeweiss
Business Development Manager
belinda@jumpplus.com

Terrible Company, Stay Away!
iOS Technician (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 December 2018
I was hired as an iOS technician and noticed right away that I had more experience than anyone else working there. I have worked for many big box retail stores in the past and thought I try this one out. BIG MISTAKE! I was fired for no reason even to take my firing to the labour board and be fed lies when they responded. I had no course of action since I was new and could technically be fired for looking at someone wrong.

I was fired right after I passed my iOS certification, I was fired because I asked too many questions. They dont fix anything in the store (other than batteries) and they just ship it out to Apple for approval or denial. The iOS technicians there are just glorified administrators.

At the end of the day if you want a technical position then this company isnt for you. If you want to be respected then this company isnt for you. Even the high expectations they put onto the sales staff is just ridiculous. Save yourself the headache and apply to a real company. Not this third party Apple poser of a business.
4 April 2019

Thanks for the feedback, and we regret your experience working for us was not a positive one.
Probation periods exist precisely to assess what cannot be measured in an interview and to give both parties some time to assess if the relationship will work, if cultures mesh and if performance is up to par to deliver excellent customer service.

No one gets fired for asking too many questions, we actually encourage it. Sadly, however, behaviours, attitudes and competences assessed in the first few weeks of employment sometimes do suggest an error was made in bringing someone to our team. This is not a personal assessment but one based on a mutual fit.

It is always difficult when staff we hire do not meet expectations and are not deemed to be a fit and are terminated within the probation period.

A Growing Company that's finding it's way
HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2018
I'd like to start off and say that I'm a current employee. My time at Jump has allowed me to learn quite a bit in a short period of time.

The company is the process of expansion and with that, the company has growing pains. But as long as the intentions are there to grow a successful business it will continue to thrive.
Pros
Great Place to Learn, Great people to work with, You have a place to voice your opinion
Cons
Pay could be a little better, but who doesn't want more money
4 April 2019

Thanks for your feedback. You are absolutely correct by providing the context of our growing pains and understanding that our intent is to always improve as we grow. Thanks for your input and for sharing our vision!

4 April 2019

Thank you for providing context and intent. You are correct. Growing pains are part of expansion, and we always strive to listen to and incorporate positive, constructive feedback as we grow and improve. Thanks for being part of our Jump+ company!

Don't even bother
Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON3 December 2018
I was an iOS technician with Jump+ for about a month. The staff is absolutely awesome, like a big family, but the management is just ridiculous, I requested my paid sick day since in Ontario 2 are required to be paid and they didn't wanna pay me, even got fired for it. Seems like they're looking for idiots that don't know their rights. After being fired, I kept asking why, they didn't have a reason but when I stood up to leave I said what about that paid sick day the manager responded "That's why you're not here anymore". It's crazy to think a company that works for Apple would be so shallow.
4 April 2019

Thanks for your feedback. We do not fire people for sick days.
We do assess overall fit with regards to competence, character and culture. We do have a three month probation period to ensure staff fit our company with three criteria: competence, culture and character. Your termination was due to a poor fit with regards to these categories. We wish you success in your future endeavors.

Loved The People I Worked With. Not The Company.
n/a (Former Employee) –  Canada5 November 2018
Out of the three owners that run the company, there is only one who knows how each store operates day-to-day, and who can relate to struggles store-to-store, as he is the only owner that cares enough to even visit other stores to begin with.

At Jump+, you can expect little to no job security as you watch many people in the company be let go every month for the most asinine of reasons. Got a full time sales job? Great, watch as they pull 15 hours of your pay every week because they suddenly decided to expand the company faster than they should have. On top of that, you're now working a performance based job, and now make less than a frycook at McDonalds (with an abundance of additional stress and pressure to even keep your position).

I rated Management 1 star not for the management of my store, but for two of the Owners. My own store Manager puts a 11/10 effort in to keep our location doing as best it can given the extreme financial limitations, and bizarre expectations set in place by the owners. Store managers not only work in-store, but unpaid at home, which often even isn't enough as the owners will call them at home, or while they are on vacation.

Aside from more serious matters, what owner would complain about management not being out on the floor directly after asking them to ensure their merchandise in the back is looked after? This is common drivel you can expect to pick up the phone and hear by while being micromanaged under camera. They are a lot more emotional than they are logical, and that's a bad mix for a business.

Aside from fixing things (which
  more... is one of my favorite things to do), the only other thing that made the job fun were the people I worked with (this is true for the location that I worked in at least; I can't speak for any other).

With the amount of work the Company expects out of their staff, the compensation is very poor. Head Office staff are as overworked and under-compensated as store-level management. The amount of work the General Service Manager and Service Manager do every day is insane; they deserve better. Everyone in this company deserves a lot better.
Pros
Accessory discounts, Carrier discounts, Benefits
Cons
Long Hours, Poor Compensation for work required, High Stress
4 April 2019

Thanks for your feedback. There is a lot here to digest, but the theme seems to be working too hard. You mention people who are thriving in our company, happy and productive. That does indeed take hard work, vision and passion. Their feedback has always been positive and constructive, so I believe speaking on their behalf is inaccurate and out of context.
As a performance based company, staff who share our vision and deliver excellence do very well, are compensated fairly, have a voice in improving our policies and our process and leave an imprint in who we are and who we are becoming.
We regret our mission was not a fit, and wish you much success in your future endeavors.

It is literally a mess
FAIRVIEW PARK MALL (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 October 2018
The managers constantly lie to their employees and everyone gets paid minimum wage when a certified apple technician is supposed to be paid $18+/hour.
Cons
Lies, Manipulation, Cheap Hard Labour
4 April 2019

We are so sorry this was your experience. The manager responsible for this is no longer with the company and we have reset process and communication.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JUMP+. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4