JUMP+

JUMP+ Employee Reviews

Canada54 reviews
Featured review
JUMP+ selected this as a representative review
I started at one of the busiest times of the year. And regardless of how busy it got, my coworkers and leadership were able to provide me with the support and training I needed while also maintaining customer satisfaction and not letting anyone down, including myself. Everyone was always ensuring I was comfortable on the job and always giving me tips and pointers on how to succeed when it came to communicating with customers and helping them with all of their needs. Whenever I’m cleaning up or helping organize product the management/leadership team is always showing their deepest appreciation towards me for my efforts! The Barrie team is all around awesome and I’m happy to be apart of such a successful, caring and motivated team!
27 January 2020
Thanks for sharing such a positive review and you are correct, the Barrie team is absolutely awesome :)
Coming from working multiple retail jobs, Jump+ pays a more with it's wage and then you also get commission. This is a job where you can't just simply show up, you need to keep up with information and be willing to take on responsibility, which for me, is a good thing.

Overall I give it a 4/5
Pros
Discounts on products/Phone planes, work with great people, pay is more than a retail job
Cons
Not much Room to grow, it's still a mid size company
26 April 2020
Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. And agree with you, the great people that work at Jump+ are the best part. We are immensely proud of our team!
Jump Plus is divided into two worlds, corporate and retail floor. I was personally part of the retail team for a little bit more than a year and the experience was overall good, with some few exceptions. Take into consideration this company follows Apple Standards so they are very rigid and strict with little room for innovation, at least from my experience. The payment is ok, however, you might need a second job if you are just working part-time in here, if not, be ready for the hunger games.
26 April 2020
Thanks for the feedback, we do take all comments to heart and hope to only improve as we grow.
I've worked at a few different retail jobs in the GTA and comparatively Jump is not bad. Pay is a little higher than a typical retail job but there more work that goes into it.

Pros

Work with technology

Great coworkers

Open door policy (can call hr or accounting anytime)

Can be fast paced

Cons

compared to cost of living pay is to low, but this is Toronto

no sick days
Good Environment generally, The store manager has a lot of freedom day to day which can be a good thing with the right manager. The wrong manager and it can make working here very miserable. Head office team is great and for the most part all coworkers were great. It can be really disheartening when your store manager knows the least about how things work and constantly sends you in the wrong direction. Spends all there time surfing the internet and during the times they're not watching youtube videos at work they decide to complain about everyone even though they are the ones actually trying their best without direction. Doesn't seem to be much of a process in place to provide feedback for the store management specifically.
Jump+ is a startup company that has grown from one to sixteen locations in a few years. This has brought with it some growing pains, to which management is always receptive and open to, and looking to grow from every opportunity. The culture is open to people and ensures that top talent is recognized and has an arena to voice their opinions and suggestions. As a meritocracy expectations are focused around achievements, and duly recognized.
Lot of customers forget their password, have account issues and physical damage on their devices and we have to fix those. Only apple products and you get paid mostly commission. The management is great and friendly but can cause favouritism.
10 February 2020
Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to share it with us and will look into it
Toxic. It's the only way to describe it. It will all seem great at the beginning. Management will convince you their intentions are good. Then managers will talk poorly about your co-workers to you, and about you to your co-workers. The environment is awful. The job is fine, it's just the environment in the store that is awful. The manager is young and inexperienced. It's a drama fest. Just toxic. Don't waste your time.
26 April 2020
Thanks for the feedback, we do take it seriously and will look into ways of improving the environment.
Enough room for growth, supporting management, good customer experience, reasonable benefits, normal salaries, collaboration between staff, opportunities of getting Apple certifications
Nice to place to work for. Decent staff but pay is not enough and very little room for growth. Wish the pay was more but overall pretty good place to work at.
It asks of you more than the benefits.
pros : Being around new tech all day can be interesting

- Staff is usually friendly

- Discount of 3rd party accessories can be good for employees.

- Management has improved in some ways - some things are better.

Cons :

- short breaks or no breaks when busy.

- Management doesn't have your back

- Very dusty & unclean in various areas. It is not done every day, management doesn't enforce it.

- Will send you home early if it's not busy even if its hours before the end of your shift.

- Hour cuts - they will fire whomever they want when this happens

- Lack of stock on key selling items. There was a full month with no iPhones to sell at a certain period...

- Lack of honesty by management

- Crazy customers screaming at you (no ones fault but still a con)

- Lack of amenities for the employees in the back.

- The multiple systems you need to learn are often unreliable

- Training is a bit excessive - and paid minimum salary for that period even though you are working and selling. ( active learning with seed is fine )

- Paid commission takes too long to get.

- Reaching out to HR takes forever. They don't that any situation you say seriously. It shouldn't take 1-2 weeks to be able to talk to HR about a problem.

- Don't get 2+ jobs if you work here. They're too strict with scheduling or change it whenever they want.

- The lack of french keyboard laptops of all types. We're in a 50/50 English/french location. But a few french keyboard MacBook airs, pros 13, pros 15. How many lost sales happened because of that. over 30 from
 - more...
I spent most of my time working as a service advisor at jump plus, I was qualified to perform repairs as a service technician but I kept the title of a service advisor during the entire job. I would describe this as a very customer oriented position handling a wide spectrum of emotions from each separate customer, this is something that is to be expected when dealing with such a prestigious line of products.
To like Jump you need to up sell a lot. Base is minimum and much of what the store sells carries little in the way of profit which means you can't expect to make more than ~ $5/hr in commission depending on the day. Probably better off waiting tables
As far as retail jobs are concerned, it is the top, that being said, it is still retail management is decent, staff is good, hours are pretty good also Commission is not bad
14 October 2019
Thanks for the review :)
Our Moncton team rocks and it is great to see happy staff who thrive in a positive and professional environment!
They don’t care about you. They’re vultures when you’re on the floor even when doing a good job. The assistant manager doesn’t have a clue about anything.
Has it’s fun moments training is abit overkill but overall not a bad job can be very busy or very dead sales associates do a lot of multi tasking between checking for service on top of everything else
I have been working for Jump+ for a little over half a year and am truly enjoying myself.

I absolutely love everyone who works in my store, which makes my days 98% awesome, no matter what actually happens work-wise. This is the first job that I've had in a long time where I actually enjoy getting up and going to work in the morning. The leadership team at my particular location (which I am a part of) is trying hard to foster a community feeling within our store. Our manager is a HUGE supporter of work-life balance, which is great because I have a toddler who can make life a little unpredictable.

So far, I have gotten along just fine with everyone at Head Office and in upper management. I get to have monthly reviews where I receive constructive feedback and guidance that ultimately helps me hone my existing skills as well as acquiring new ones. I am given a lot of freedom in my particular position and am expected to do a lot of independent problem solving, but someone is always available to help me out when I need a hand.

Yes, somedays are overwhelming. Occasionally I get frustrated. But customer service based jobs tend to be difficult. Retail isn't for everyone. I like this job enough that I am willing to show up every day and put in my best effort, and that's good enough for me.
Pros
Work-Life Balance, Room for Growth, Gain Apple Specific Expertise
Cons
Pay Structure Takes Some Getting Used To
I feel inclined to write this review, solely because I was formerly employed by Jump Plus, I enjoyed my tenure - separation was inevitable due to terrible management, belittlement, favouritism and having no work-life balance - on top of hours being cut.

As the title states, from the outside looking in its a great company to want to work for and be apart of, as they embrace the products they sell and its usually a close knit group - which is its downfall.

Among others, the store I worked for was an HR nightmare. HR feels non-existent within the company, and HR complaints are only taken seriously if management were to submit said complaint - not front line employees. Use your imagination about inappropriate conduct within the workplace, its rampant amongst this company.

Hoping for advancement? Unless you like to alienate your colleagues and backstab others then good luck. Live outside of the GTA area? You'll have absolutely zero chance for advancement.

Have an issue, HR doesn't help? Don't reach out to higher up management, they usually talk negatively about you to others and disregard your inquiries. Go beyond management and talk to the owners? They usually don't care and side with managers.

Early on when the company was smaller, the environment was nice - albeit slightly toxic but as the company grew, things went south. It was great to work with and learn about Apple products, the training Apple provided to its partner employees was fantastic.

I enjoyed my role, helping others both internally and externally, this was never really recognized - Morale was always
 - more...
Pros
Insurance Benefits, Discounts
Cons
See review
24 June 2019
This is a disheartening review, and one we hope to learn from as we grow. Allow me to respond to some of the comments:
Your comments about management are surprising and certainly news to the executive team and the HR department. When we hear concerns, we act on them immediately, and would have done the same to listen and alleviate any concerns.

Work life balance, is also surprising, as we have strict limits on staff working overtime. Having said that, as we are na mall, our technicians must work retail hours, not office hours.

Advancement outside of the GTA? Again, surprising, as our Manager of operations is from Fredericton, and our Business Development Manager lives in Kingston. Talent knows no limits and we promote staff regardless of location.

It sounds overall like your experience is not in keeping with the culture we strive for. I hope you do an exit interview so we may learn more concretely about what caused this in your case and can attempt to remedy it for future staff. Please feel free to reach out to hr@jumpit.ca or myself directly at belinda@jumpplus.com. I would certainly like to hear specific feedback and use it to grow.
Currently I work Jump+ as an iOS Technician, I do like my job however. I do feel like I'm under paid for my time since you're handling peoples precious technology while managing dead lines, and repairs, follow up, people will constantly pressure you about their data being restored. So as somebody who takes their job very seriously and works hard to make people happy I do get annoyed by the fact the sales team can make more money than myself. When I'm constantly under pressure I need to pass two exams to work in my position. Sometimes I don't even have time to take lunches the service team is so busy (Which is still MY fault, but I would rather get more work done half the time.) . I will go out of my way to do co-workers favors to help make a sale when I'm busy, but refuse to help me when I have my hands tied with repairs, of course this is different store to store and depending on who you work with but you get my point.

Regardless, I do enjoy working there, my manager is great and really easy to talk to and get along with, also extremely reasonable which isn't a trait alot of my previous managers had, for the most part my co-workers are all really friendly. You get to work with current technology so if you're a nerd or just a fan of Apple you get to get in the loop of their products. I've seen alot of reviews on here that say there is no room for growth in the company which just isn't true. If you put in the effort and really care about getting a supervisor or AM or manager position is it obtainable if you put yourself in the right shoes and a spot opens up.

If you're
 - more...
Pros
Working with the latest Apple products, Great work environment.
Cons
Dealing with unreasonable people, People will constantly lie to your face, Starting wage is minimum wage when the job is worth more imo.
Want a low paying job where people bring you their problems and treat you like garbage? Apply here. Ever taken responsibility for your actions? Here that probably isn't a good idea. I was reprimanded to trying to find the owners of an iPhone left behind at the location I worked at, including cut on hours for one week and no commission as "discipline for my actions" because the iPhone went missing. Should have just said it was mine and peaced. Whoever the idiot is that stole it should be on camera, a little fyi for the management at the fine location I worked at. Oh ya, that brings me to my next part. Politics. Don't plan on moving up in this company unless you're willing to walk on everyone else to get where you need to go. I daily had two different power-hungry managers fighting over what I'd be doing for the day, and yelling at me in a professional demeanour when I did what the other manager had asked me to accomplish.
Pros
"Technically working for Apple", but not really
Cons
Power hungry managers, bunch of money-hungry commissioned staff, minimum wage
6 May 2019
Your review is very concerning as it does not reflect our culture nor our procedures. Jump+ does not cut hours or pay as part of disciplining its staff and these false allegations are troubling. If there was an incident in which an iPhone was accessed without permission of the client - regardless of intent, this would be subject to review, as privacy laws are something we take seriously.
We would like to better understand who you are (anonymous reviews are difficult to address), so please contact hr@jumpit.ca
I find that a lot of people dislike this job weren't meant for sales or customer service....

Honestly it's one of those jobs where if you come to work and put in a decent effort, you WILL make money and you WILL get along with management/co workers.

It really doesn't take much to make anyone in upper management happy as long as. you care about your job.

The district manager is amazing if you actually TRY and the owners are great too I really don't see the issue.
Pros
Working with Apple products, awesome co-workers
4 April 2019
You're heading absolutely captures our culture! We pride ourselves in relationships with our staff that are based on shared vision that requires input from everyone at every level! Thanks for being part of our Jump+ family