JTI - Japan Tobacco International

JTI - Japan Tobacco International Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews
I was able to work because it wasn’t that hard. All though I and our team had to struggle a lot for the new low segment tobacco JTI launched. Otherwise that was a wonderful experience with my crew and the company members.
Very good place to work, if you prefer a fast-paced and competitive working environment, where you will be challenged with your work.

Tend to work long hours, and given the restricted nature of the industry, need to think outside the box in terms of providing solutions to business and industry challenges.
Pros
Competitive compensation
Cons
Long hours, very stressful, very tight deadlines
du a l'incertitude du tabac, l'ambiance n'est plus tres bonne...
JTI is a great company to work for. I'm reason for looking elsewhere is purely due to career advancement. I would recommend this company to anyone any day.
In an ever changing CPG category JTI provided a wealth of opportunity to learn and grow. As a global company there are many opportunities to interact and learn from colleagues across the world and to take assignments internationally.
Was with company for 19 years. Worked for various people ending with position in the sales region. Hardest part of the job, at the end, was helping with the shipping/receiving (manual labour extensive). I enjoyed all aspects of my job.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Long commute
took job because I needed work - but I confess I learned a lot from the company and was given great opportunity. It was a moral thing to leave in the end. My sister had cancer and was a smoker - its a simple as that.
Pros
lots of opportunity if you work hard
Cons
tobacco company
A work climate where results are expected, but via team work. The work culture is generally supportive, and superiors support their teams
beautiful company with good cultural life the only proble, that its not fixed in whole countries , ive worked at jti sudan my salry is 300$ only and i wass process improvement engineer ,can u imagine
Superb benefits and great Company to be associated with all these years. Being on the road was great. Seeing clients(10 per day) was fulfilling. Majority of Managers were fun to be around.
Can be a good place to work but there is issues with management and at times. I felt like there was no one in the organization to protect you if something goes wrong. I had problems with my manager and I felt like I couldn't tell anyone. If you take a position with JTI I would document everything for protection.

There are some incredible and genuine people who work there none the less.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Work rate continued to increase every year
JTI is international company which gives to employees chance to develop. Career progression is enhanced by local training, learning and development opportunities. It is multicultural company where you can openly share your opinions.
Pros
Additional benefits
great place to work, love the culture and always great people hired. Very close knit group. Many perks of the job. Management is overall very good. Learned so many things by working here including territory management.
Development and Management of all the consumer and trade marketing & pricing initiatives, including brand introductions & category management for the Value/RYO and OTP portfolio.
culture n'encourage pas les initiatives independantes des employes. environnement tres controlle.
Pros
bon salaire et avantages sociaux
Cons
culture stricte
You get to manage how and where you work. As well it is a fun team atmosphere that offers lots of support and training.The manager in northern Alberta was very good and allowed employees to do there job without micro managing.
Great company, but come prepared to work hard if you want to succeed in any position.

Management is strong and will guide you and mentor you if you accept the help and constructive criticism.
JTI-Macdonald is a fun and energetic place to work. Employees are treated with respect and are rewarded for hard work.

The biggest learning for me since joining the company was how creative I can be when faced with significant advertising and promotional restrictions. In Canada, the tobacco industry is heavily regulated and the opportunity to openly advertise is minimal. As a result, I had to work with what opportunities available and maximize each and every touch point to maximize brand awareness.
Pros
Half day Fridays
Cons
Long work hours