Journeys
Updates from Journeys:

Journeys Employee Reviews

Canada135 reviews
Work experience at Journeys
A normal day at Journeys involves interacting multiple customers, assisting them with finding shoes, accessories, etc. We are always in a team environment working together and separate on different occasions. Some days include large shipments of stock and sending inventory out. We get a wide variety of requests from customers and every interaction is different which requires us to be very flexible to best assist our customers.
productive, friendly and interactable workplace
Journeys is a fast pace work with friendly and interactable place to customers. friendliness and customer focus is important to work here. As it is inside the bus terminal we see many customers who like to take away so one should be a fast worker to make the food and simultaneously process the payment.
Life's a Journey
Journeys is a performance-based job. The environment normally is very friendly and most associates are super willing to help. The team works on their own goals, learn how to team sell to help support others.
Relies on traffic
you're paid less then minimum wage and rely on commission for sales. However they expect you to train consistently and you miss out on sales. You only get bonus if you make plan and beat LY. If you are extremely low in traffic then this is a difficult task to achieve.
Pros
make your team, they promote from within
Cons
long hours, commission is poor
Specifically conestoga mall journeys
Working here was quite literally one of the worst experiences of my life. Though i met some nice people, the managers were constantly rude and they always had a change in the schedule. They over hired and most people who got the seasonal position barely got one shift a week and even the people who worked there for years before, their hours got cut back enormously. Im happy i got the experience working in retail, im just not happy it wrecked my experience at one of my favourite stores
Great in-store employees, terrible upper managment
I worked at journeys for a year and a half, and I loved every minute with my employees. The only time I felt uncomfortable was around upper management. They tend to be only focused on making money for the company, and could really care less about the in-store managers or employees. There is a large focus on meeting quotas and the demand to meet those quotas has slowly been rising. Journeys is a great place to get your foot in the door for sales, but I couldn't recommend sticking around due to the way upper management treats in-store employees.
Very cool place to work
i worked at journeys as a seasonal, and the time i spent there was amazing i had fun doing my job and couldn't wish to be employed anywhere else the managers are very cool
Journeys
I absolutely love working for journeys, all the people I work with are just the best people I’ve ever met and I couldn’t ask for a better a job, I don’t know what else to say
Collaborative, Friendly and Fun
Journeys is an excellent job if you are in school and need flexible hours! The management team truly shows they care about you and are willing to help you succeed.
Love this workplace
Goals are set to make a competitive but very friendly work environment, all staff are treated like family and staff is chosen carefully to match the store and the group environment such a wonderful place to work
good to kill time every now and then
Management is phenominal, however there isnt any hours so very rarely will you get a shift unless you're management, very strict retail goals ad standards of performance for staff. Don't recommend as first retail job.
Casual and fun workplace
Management was very poor but it was a good place for gaining experience in sales and inventory work. Unreliable scheduling was an issue and they had hired far too many people for the size of the store.
Excellent entry level work place
An overall excellent company to work for and provided a really positive work environment with a really good employee discount. However not too many hours after summer. I was cut down to one shift a weekOverall i highly reccomend BestBuy as an employer if you enjoy a fun customer service/sales job
Was a good part time job
I worked for Journeys for 3 years and worked in management for 1 year and is a competitive work place as you need to hit your daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly numbers so sometimes work can be stressful but if you stay on top of your numbers 95% of the time you're in the clear. My concern is that regional managers and district mangers tend to favor men in the work place which i haven't seen before at other companies. As well as managers tend to get away with things in the workplace as long as the store ans their personal numbers are doing well.
Competitive and bad management
Don’t work here if you know your worth. They treat you like your worthless, and see you as nothing but competition the managers, sales leads and part timers. I started having to fight for hours, better pay, better management and for my own happiness and sanity, it is not worth it. If you love to kiss butt this is a job for you. I wanted nothing but to be treated fairly but got nothing but lied too. The store managers are trash, don’t even get me started with the district manager and Human Resources does nothing because they’re all friends and if you have a problem to bring them they’ll just get rid of you it’s stressful. The overall experience was good and helped me to get into a better managed and better paying job. Everyone no matter how old are immature if you have a matured mind I wouldn’t work for these idiots.
Pros
Discount, experience
Cons
Management, pay, and drama
Ok
Seasonal worker here and I have to say I've seen better management.
Workplace that Aims to Please
While at Journeys, my manager was always so sweet, always with a smile, seeming like she was genuinely happy to be there. Within my first few shifts, I already felt like I belonged there. If you get an opportunity to work with Journeys, take it!
Awesome
Working in retail can sometimes be stressful during the holiday and Big sale times but besides that working here was great everyone was cool and being in the mall is great too
fun
great job, got to meet a lot of cool people but management got wishy washy and i did not like that .. other than that i gotta say it has been one of my favourite jobs yet!
slow pace and hard to meet requirements
a typical day consists of very few customers, but around seasonal times it can get busy and a bit overwhelming. the management at the locatin can use a bit of work.
Great people to work with
Working at Journeys is super fun, but don't expect too much with the commission. I love my current coworkers, and management but the sales goals are super unrealistic and overstaffed most of the time.