Jostens, Inc Employee Reviews

Seasonal
Proof Reader / Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TN15 May 2018
You will never be full time. You will get laid off and draw unemployment. It is mostly old ladies that have worked at Jostens for about 50 years. You follow their rules or you get fired.
Pros
Easy work
bender machine
Bender Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TN25 April 2018
Good place to work everyone help each other. putting the plates to get the order ready to send out the printers to get the pictures to finish the yearbooks.
Pros
10 min breaks after 2 hours of work.
Cons
lunch paid
Excellent training
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  California12 March 2018
Jostens provided very good training at their head quarters and later while working with a more experienced rep. My position was outsides Sales so typically the harder you worked the better you ate. The longest hours are during Graduation when everything must be perfect. I had back to back 100+ hour weeks my first year. This job is suited for extremely hard working people that are self driven to succeed.
Pros
Set your own schedule and work as hard as you can
Cons
Liking the work while working from home means you find yourself working all the time
Intresting
Printing Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TN16 February 2018
Depends on department and shift. Mostly laid back but can be stressful at times depending on peak season or specific job. Overall not bad place to work but not the best either.
Business Management Development
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Southeastern United States6 February 2018
I will always be grateful for the opportunity given to me by Jostens. My tenure at Jostens provided me with the business acumen needed to compete in a successful global marketplace.
Great company
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  State College, PA29 January 2018
Enjoyed my time at Jostens. Really good people and team work. Easy to fit in and the environment was comfortable and accommodating. Would recommend this company!
Pros
Great team
Cons
Time cards
boring place to work
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MN3 January 2018
work was slow during the summers because the main bread and butter for the company was class rings and anouncement dies. so all your vacation you saved would be needed to supplement the slow season
Pros
benefits were good
Cons
pay scale was not equal
Plant closed
Commercial Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KS31 December 2017
If the plant hadn’t closed I would still work there. Good company to work for. Great benefits. Plant moved to Clarksville TN. Helped train staff when plant moved.
Operations
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TN13 December 2017
Had to box and tag all books leaving the facility and take it to the desired place sometime work beside other to get the job done. itwas a fast paced but still relaxed
Crooks and Cheats
stone setter (Current Employee) –  Denton, TX15 October 2017
Stealing from customers with an inferior product. Not worth the money. This company deserves to be shut down. Money means more than quality or customers.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Great people--and culture
National Account Executive (Former Employee) –  MPLS, MN19 September 2017
The people at Jostens were fantastic. The culture was great--the Service Award business and points based program business was challenging, but enjoyable.
Pros
Traveled Quite a bit
Cons
Business Was sold
Repitition
Stone Setter (Former Employee) –  Denton, TX24 August 2017
The only reason I give Management 3 stars is due to the lack of hearing when you aren't comfortable with a situation involving another coworker.
The personal skills I learned were time management, taking a moment to review the work, learning to focus better and giving and/or receiving feedback. They were a good company to work for over all, management seemed to understand that sometimes life hits the dirt. The only hard part about the job was slow season.
Pros
Overtime, Holiday Celebration Lunches, Understanding
Cons
Slow Season, Management needs work
Fun place to work
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TN24 August 2017
Very organized and steady work place environment. Hours are good and always had a excellent team atmosphere. Could have gone back to work for them but live in Nashville now.
Pros
Good Supervisors
Cons
Short breaks
Fun opportunity
Part-time sales position in "off-season" (Current Employee) –  South Carolina11 August 2017
Interesting and fast paced work for part-time job. Travel, some overnights and good people to work with. Enjoyed speaking with college kids and college staff.
I worked with my manager and his dad, wonderful experience
Office Manager/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tekamah, NE1 August 2017
Flexible schedule
Management was amazing
Learned a lot about customer service
Gained knowledge of high school regalia
I met many new faces and have kept those relationships over the last 14 years.
Pros
Manager always bought me lunch
Cons
No healtcare
Not great
1st Shift Assembly Core Operator (Current Employee) –  Denton, TX16 July 2017
The work place is run very inefficiently with bad communication between management and the floor. Certain leads will purposely create scenarios where they can make themselves look good while throwing you under the proverbial bus. The other co-workers are the best part of working there.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Short breaks, bad management, no communication.
I loved it
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KS12 July 2017
It was semi fast paced, everyone was very friendly I enjoyed my time there and I learned a lot about data entry and I expanded my knowledge. It was a great job.
Love it
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MN30 June 2017
I enjoyed my job here..... great company to work for. If you like being able to help people on a daily basis and to help create memories for families to last a life time this is your place. They pay was great only down fall is the busy season where you are there for 10-12 hours a day makes for a very long day talking.
Results- oriented,hands on professional with more than 32 years of production experience seeking a position where I can utilize my work experience and
Seamster (Former Employee) –  Laurens, SC2 May 2017
Very responsible honest, punctual and careful to maintain a superior attendance record. very dependable and enjoy working with people Organized, detail oriented and confident in interactions with individuals at all levels. Flexible and always willing to learn. Thorough knowledge of current manufacturing practices and a clear vision to accomplish the company goals
Great advancement opportunity at the expense of work-life balance
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN24 April 2017
Typical day will include email inbox management and plentiful meetings. Expectation is related to task management, vs time management. In other words, stay until the job is done, not when the clock strikes 5. Not a huge amount of flexibility when it comes to working remotely because meetings are crucial for project management.

Little to no development in process improvement, operations team is lean to non-existant on an enterprise level. Only certain areas of the business are enabled with software to support workload and cross functional communication. This is a potential pain point if a candidate is not used to getting creative for resources.

Culture is hard to explain. It can depend on the project and the day. This was what I found to be the hardest aspect of the job, stress and pressure runs on high most days. However, there are great people in this company that are loyal, supportive and understanding of this pressure. It can be detrimental to productivity if it goes on too long, I have found. This seems to be a source of why I have had colleagues leave.

Overall Jostens is full of opportunity if you are able to operate within the company politics and don't mind working long hours throughout certain times of the year.
Pros
Pay, Opportunity to grow, Travel, Developing broad range of skills
Cons
Political atmosphere, Lack of resources

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jostens, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.