Joseph Brant Hospital

Joseph Brant Hospital Employee Reviews

Good place to work.

I appreciate the time I work as a Health Care aid. I learned more about the work environment and the culture of JBH. Nurses are supportive and friendly. The continued education is excellent. I recommend.

Depends what’s you put into your work and where you work

I absolutely love my current job & current management. I have never felt so supported by management at any other department or place of work. Past departments haven’t been same although each place I worked was a new learning experience and has helped me further my career in the hospital. I would recommend this place to anyone, unfortunately management is hit or miss but what workplace isn’t?I don’t mind the benefits either but have nothing to compare them too.

Pros

Support, benefits, coworkers, pay increases each year

Cons

No consistency among managers, poor employees don’t get held accountable

Fun workplace! Excellent staff

I really enjoyed working at JBH. I may have stayed there had they started a full time RPN line in PES. The staff there are really great and it was a fun job otherwise

Pros

Great staff, Good leadership

Cons

RN only in PES

OR management is BAD

If you want to be treated badly and have no say in how you work then feel free to apply. The management in the OR is terrible and if they do not like you will hang you out to dry and have you fired before you realize what is happening. And forget about help from the union. The staff here if they like you in the OR are great but if they do not like you will make your life miserable and make you wish you worked somewhere else. In a nutshell this OR culture is exhausting and management is just as bad and HR is absolutely useless. Apply elsewhere and save yourself the headache

Pros

great surgeons

Cons

terrible staff/management

This hospital is convenient.

It's convenient for me I live near, I wanted to work there because I heard good things about the hospital. It's a good place to work, some staff are very friendly, great environmental. Communication is prompt, well organization. Clean place

Joseph brant

The company went through restructuring and was not handled properly. Management was reactive not proactive. Culture change was difficult for jobs being done. No

very fast paced environment

patience required for interpersonal personnel office workplace positive pathology staff very helpful management allows freedom. very rewarding experience

Terrible

Abuse employees, volunteers and even patients! CEO is terrible! Nurses are angry and always rude! No compassion for their workforce and terrible Managers and Directors who have no care for their employees! Revolving door employer!

Horrible culture from management

Management is a joke all the way from HR to lowliest manager. If you make waves they find any excuse to terminate you even having worked here for 25+ years. Life work balance is not even discussed on any serious level all just noise. Understaffed in every department, zero support from management. If I had known then what I know now would never have applied. Staff are amazing but so poorly supported by “senior leadership”

No Work life Balance

No support for management No work life balance Under paid, over worked They state they support mental health but not for their Employees Nepotism is ramped at all levels

Jobs at Joseph Brant Hospital

See more jobs

nurses eating their young

Terrible teamwork among the nurses in the medical units, management does not investigate issues before dismissing competent and experienced nurses, very sad... Everyone should be heard before passing judgement, the nursing job is hard enough, to say the least... I hope management will be empathic and take time to investigate matters before letting staff go.

Relaxed work environment

Nice place to work, lots or opportunities. Staff members are very friendly. Relaxed atmosphere. Beautiful location looking out to Burlington Lake front. Excellent area to walk, run and enjoy your lunch outside.

Joesph brant hospitalbis the worse place to work, the Human Resources department are Racist, the union is. It for the staff. They force people to lie

Like I said Joseph brant hospital forces staff members including nurse manager to lie in order to get a good mark for accreditation. Everyone that works there is miserable and unhappy, only the awful people stay . The rating should be below 0

Amazing team to work with

Fast-paced environment. The very friendly staff makes you feel at home. Management is great as well, no one seems to have any complaints and the scheduling as well as booking time off seems to be running fairly and smoothly.

Not a good place to work

This hospital is severely mismanaged and when striving to advance and develop yourself professionally your efforts are not supported and you will be set up to fail. I have learned that I will not subject myself to unhealthy workplaces and when to recognize futility within a broken system. The workplace culture was historically good however, it is not taking a turn for the worst. The hardest part about the job is working with a management team that is not listening to the front line workers while placing us in situations to be disrespected, overworked and denied time off when required.

Best place I've ever worked

Worked here for 5 years and It's great. Nice friendly staff, management, nice location/view. Patients mainly friendly and steady work flow. Very busy at times but I love it.

Pros

everything

great place to work

Contract administrative position to help hospital achieve 2018 Accreditation Standing. Team was very knowledgeable and professional to work with. Position was working from home with few weeks training on site.

Pros

Was able to work from home

Cons

Great place to learn and develop skills

Had a 7 week OTA/PTA placement here. I Learned SO much in such a short period of time and got a great deal of practical hands on experience that helped solidify my skills. All employees I spoke with (from nurses to PSW to doctors, to housekeeping, etc.) were all very friendly and helpful! No question was treated as a dumb question- and all ideas I had were wanted. I was invited right into the team and can defiantly see my self seeking employment here after graduation.

Efficient client centred workplace focused on safe ethical and competent care

• Completed thorough physical assessments, vital signs, morning care, and ADLs while using safe transfer techniques. • Handled tasks of monitoring and reporting significant changes to client’s health status to Registered Nurse. • Collaborated with interdisciplinary team members to discuss care plan of clients. Great place to work; caring compassionate and team oriented staff

Pros

great staff

Cons

not student focused.

Fast paced, high volume

High volume, high stress level area in the emergency department. Extremely fun for interesting patients. I had my fair share of new experiences working here.

Pros

Large variety of patients and ailments

Cons

Only one doctor on pretty much all the time, so the patients are waiting and waiting, to see the one doctor while getting very mad and angry with the nurses, never job openings for rpns, and when there is they hire an rn.

Excellent Place to Work

Department is staffed according to the level of demand experienced during various hours, and is well equipped. My department is very team driven with good communication between staff as the day is in progress. Responsibilities are shared well. I have sharpened my ability to prioritize in this position due to multiple, high-demand items that occur. The majority of public traffic is not having their best day since they have to be in a hospital and I enjoy being able to bring them help in a kind and considerate matter by providing direction or instruction.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Joseph Brant Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement