Joseph Brant Hospital Employee Reviews

Best place I've ever worked
PSW (Current Employee) –  Rehab21 May 2019
Worked here for 5 years and It's great. Nice friendly staff, management, nice location/view. Patients mainly friendly and steady work flow. Very busy at times but I love it.
Pros
everything
great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON21 March 2019
Contract administrative position to help hospital achieve 2018 Accreditation Standing.
Team was very knowledgeable and professional to work with.
Position was working from home with few weeks training on site.
Pros
Was able to work from home
Cons
Great place to learn and develop skills
OTA/PTA Student (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 February 2019
Had a 7 week OTA/PTA placement here. I Learned SO much in such a short period of time and got a great deal of practical hands on experience that helped solidify my skills. All employees I spoke with (from nurses to PSW to doctors, to housekeeping, etc.) were all very friendly and helpful! No question was treated as a dumb question- and all ideas I had were wanted. I was invited right into the team and can defiantly see my self seeking employment here after graduation.
Efficient client centred workplace focused on safe ethical and competent care
Practical Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON12 January 2019
• Completed thorough physical assessments, vital signs, morning care, and ADLs while using safe transfer techniques.
• Handled tasks of monitoring and reporting significant changes to client’s health status to Registered Nurse.
• Collaborated with interdisciplinary team members to discuss care plan of clients.

Great place to work; caring compassionate and team oriented staff
Pros
great staff
Cons
not student focused.
Excellent Place to Work
Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON19 June 2018
Department is staffed according to the level of demand experienced during various hours, and is well equipped.
My department is very team driven with good communication between staff as the day is in progress. Responsibilities are shared well.
I have sharpened my ability to prioritize in this position due to multiple, high-demand items that occur.
The majority of public traffic is not having their best day since they have to be in a hospital and I enjoy being able to bring them help in a kind and considerate matter by providing direction or instruction.
Secure job
RPN (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON3 April 2018
A typical day at work required using my communication, multi-tasking and customer service skills. Rewarding but hard work.I made valuable connections and built my confidence. I have learned all I can from this job and I am ready to move on.
Pros
my schedule
Cons
my schedule
Great team on various units
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 March 2018
challenging patient assignments and often understaffed. My role was eventually considered an irrelevant and much to the detriment of the nursing team, we were terminated. I feel we provided relief and our role provided better care and attention to the patient. Cut backs always affect the level of care for the patient
Pros
interesting and challenging
Cons
understaffed
Mediocre place to work
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 February 2018
Management is the worst I have ever experienced. The amount of resources and money wasted in this facility is beyond comprehension. Almost zero culture for health and safety of the workers. Management in my department is clueless when it comes to treating people with dignity and respect. They procrastinate, lie and elicit false hope for improvement on a daily basis. Lower management are unqualified puppets who cower in fear of reprisals from their directors which makes for a culture of fear and loathing amongst their subordinates as each one pettily harasses one another to gain the favor of their superiors. The hardest part of the job is not being able to do your job due to lack of resources and the lack of knowledgeable leadership. Also the arrogance of some of the doctors and nurses who believe they are of more noble stock than the rest of us can be tiresome. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to help the community while providing a service to the sick and weary in hopes that they all go home well at the end of their stay.
compass group canada
Dietary Aid-Part time Relief Cook (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON4 December 2017
they only care about profit they don't care about staff, the over all treatment of its staff. they would rather work their employees to the breaking point then to help create a great work environment
Great work environment, exciting improvements underway
Administration (non manager) (Current Employee) –  Burlington26 July 2017
This hospital is undergoing lots of great improvements to the physical space and work environment. The people are great, and the opportunity to make a difference is a huge benefit.

As I write this review, JBH is a stressful place with everyone getting ready to move to our new patient tower. It is a challenging time, but that is to be expected. We are headed in the right direction!

I love my easy commute from West Hamilton and the parking for staff is available and affordable.
Pros
Staff, location, new facilities
Cons
Busy, resource constraints
Stressful with minimal support from management
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON13 July 2017
Taking patients meal request, delivering meals, cleaning trays after service.interacting with nursing staff and patient families. Preparing for next meal service. Cleaning food prep pantry.
Stable work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 April 2017
This hospital is very clean, organized and well maintained. My co-workers are all respectful and helpful towards me and the others same goes with the patients, nurses and doctors.
Lover the tims
Practical Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON29 July 2016
I like how there is a timmies inside the hospital. The surgical staff are amazingly awesome but it feels "cliquey" here.
Patient Care Satisfaction
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON10 June 2016
Working with a diverse medical team in a busy hospital laboratory. Working shift work, weekends and holidays. Rotation of Shifts 24 hours a day. Great team to work with.
African lion safari
Ultrasound student (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 February 2016
Learn basic skills in a variety of different fields. The team works well together to get the job done.
Learn excellent customer service.
Accommodating and organized workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON9 February 2016
I worked in the Intensive Care Unit where I was exposed to new things every shift. I handled all of the visitors coming in and out of the I.C.U. Those who have loved ones in Intensive Care can be very emotional and stressed and this required me to be very patient with everyone. The doctors and nurses did their best to accommodate to the needs of their patients as well as their visitors. I loved being able to help my community, and see how things work inside a hospital–it was a wonderful learning experience.
good experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 January 2016
Learned lots of things. How a medical office runs? Organised work schedule. Liked my supervisor was super good. Learned about different organizations and companies.
Pros
Free coffees
Cons
long sitting time
Interesting and engaging opportunity to meet and help elderly patients
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 June 2015
My time at the Wellness House recreation therapy allowed me to see, first-hand, what active patient-care looks like. I started working immediately on the job and established my routine early on. Everyday offered up new experiences and teachings for me to grow as a person. I was exposed to recreation therapy, occupational therapy and physiotherapy allowing me to see a wide scope of patient care. I worked with the staff and patients to make it a positive and productive learning environment which catered to the needs of the elderly. Unforgettable experience to meet such wise people and I will surely take the lessons and advice I gained along the way.
Pros
great opportunity, very informative, met many good people
Cons
unexpected deaths of certain patients
Productive and Fun workplace
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 March 2015
A clerk has many jobs including, juggling multiple phone lines, transcribing doctors orders, booking appointments, filing, assembling new charts, assembling discharge packages. And those are just a few examples of my daily routines. What I love about my job is I never stop learning.
Pros
Always learning
Cons
Long Hours
Great team, and fair management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON30 January 2014
Love working here!
I am part of a great group of nurses who work together with the rest of the multidisciplinary team to provide the best care possible to our patients.
I work well as team leader, leading gently yet effectively by listening and leading by example.
Pros
recognition from management and regular feedback
Cons
long hours, busy workday

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Joseph Brant Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Joseph Brant Hospital Reviews by Location