Joseph Brant Hospital

Joseph Brant Hospital Employee Reviews

Canada33 reviews
The company went through restructuring and was not handled properly. Management was reactive not proactive. Culture change was difficult for jobs being done. No
It's convenient for me I live near, I wanted to work there because I heard good things about the hospital. It's a good place to work, some staff are very friendly, great environmental. Communication is prompt, well organization. Clean place
Please run for your life , do not work here . First they claim they support you when stressed and drained but they do not, they are very problematic , too many gossips and politics going on here. I actually heard about it before applying but was not sure until i experienced it myself . They don't listen to you at all , bunch of stressed workers who acts like robots , like working 12 hours shift for four days straight is enough to make one sick but they keep scheduling you without asking if your are okay with it or not. Also i am not a person of colour but if you one , please stand up for yourself when working here so many things i can't even explain. Avoid Complex care / Integrated stroke unit. Its really bad there please
Pros
Cons
Too much politics and gossips
patience required for interpersonal personnel

office workplace positive

pathology staff very helpful

management allows freedom.

very rewarding experience
Management is a joke all the way from HR to lowliest manager.
If you make waves they find any excuse to terminate you even having worked here for 25+ years.

Life work balance is not even discussed on any serious level all just noise.

Understaffed in every department, zero support from management.

If I had known then what I know now would never have applied.

Staff are amazing but so poorly supported by “senior leadership”
No support for management
No work life balance

Under paid, over worked

They state they support mental health but not for their Employees

Nepotism is ramped at all levels
Terrible teamwork among the nurses in the medical units, management does not investigate issues before dismissing competent and experienced nurses, very sad... Everyone should be heard before passing judgement, the nursing job is hard enough, to say the least... I hope management will be empathic and take time to investigate matters before letting staff go.
Nice place to work, lots or opportunities. Staff members are very friendly. Relaxed atmosphere. Beautiful location looking out to Burlington Lake front. Excellent area to walk, run and enjoy your lunch outside.
Like I said Joseph brant hospital forces staff members including nurse manager to lie in order to get a good mark for accreditation. Everyone that works there is miserable and unhappy, only the awful people stay . The rating should be below 0
Fast-paced environment. The very friendly staff makes you feel at home. Management is great as well, no one seems to have any complaints and the scheduling as well as booking time off seems to be running fairly and smoothly.
This hospital is severely mismanaged and when striving to advance and develop yourself professionally your efforts are not supported and you will be set up to fail. I have learned that I will not subject myself to unhealthy workplaces and when to recognize futility within a broken system. The workplace culture was historically good however, it is not taking a turn for the worst. The hardest part about the job is working with a management team that is not listening to the front line workers while placing us in situations to be disrespected, overworked and denied time off when required.
Worked here for 5 years and It's great. Nice friendly staff, management, nice location/view. Patients mainly friendly and steady work flow. Very busy at times but I love it.
Pros
everything
Contract administrative position to help hospital achieve 2018 Accreditation Standing.
Team was very knowledgeable and professional to work with.

Position was working from home with few weeks training on site.
Pros
Was able to work from home
Cons
Had a 7 week OTA/PTA placement here. I Learned SO much in such a short period of time and got a great deal of practical hands on experience that helped solidify my skills. All employees I spoke with (from nurses to PSW to doctors, to housekeeping, etc.) were all very friendly and helpful! No question was treated as a dumb question- and all ideas I had were wanted. I was invited right into the team and can defiantly see my self seeking employment here after graduation.
• Completed thorough physical assessments, vital signs, morning care, and ADLs while using safe transfer techniques.
• Handled tasks of monitoring and reporting significant changes to client’s health status to Registered Nurse.

• Collaborated with interdisciplinary team members to discuss care plan of clients.

Great place to work; caring compassionate and team oriented staff
Pros
great staff
Cons
not student focused.
High volume, high stress level area in the emergency department. Extremely fun for interesting patients. I had my fair share of new experiences working here.
Pros
Large variety of patients and ailments
Cons
Only one doctor on pretty much all the time, so the patients are waiting and waiting, to see the one doctor while getting very mad and angry with the nurses, never job openings for rpns, and when there is they hire an rn.
Department is staffed according to the level of demand experienced during various hours, and is well equipped.
My department is very team driven with good communication between staff as the day is in progress. Responsibilities are shared well.

I have sharpened my ability to prioritize in this position due to multiple, high-demand items that occur.

The majority of public traffic is not having their best day since they have to be in a hospital and I enjoy being able to bring them help in a kind and considerate matter by providing direction or instruction.
A typical day at work required using my communication, multi-tasking and customer service skills. Rewarding but hard work.I made valuable connections and built my confidence. I have learned all I can from this job and I am ready to move on.
Pros
my schedule
Cons
my schedule
challenging patient assignments and often understaffed. My role was eventually considered an irrelevant and much to the detriment of the nursing team, we were terminated. I feel we provided relief and our role provided better care and attention to the patient. Cut backs always affect the level of care for the patient
Pros
interesting and challenging
Cons
understaffed
Management is the worst I have ever experienced. The amount of resources and money wasted in this facility is beyond comprehension. Almost zero culture for health and safety of the workers. Management in my department is clueless when it comes to treating people with dignity and respect. They procrastinate, lie and elicit false hope for improvement on a daily basis. Lower management are unqualified puppets who cower in fear of reprisals from their directors which makes for a culture of fear and loathing amongst their subordinates as each one pettily harasses one another to gain the favor of their superiors. The hardest part of the job is not being able to do your job due to lack of resources and the lack of knowledgeable leadership. Also the arrogance of some of the doctors and nurses who believe they are of more noble stock than the rest of us can be tiresome. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to help the community while providing a service to the sick and weary in hopes that they all go home well at the end of their stay.
they only care about profit they don't care about staff, the over all treatment of its staff. they would rather work their employees to the breaking point then to help create a great work environment