JOSEPH BRANT HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Excellent Place to Work
Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON19 June 2018
Department is staffed according to the level of demand experienced during various hours, and is well equipped.
My department is very team driven with good communication between staff as the day is in progress. Responsibilities are shared well.
I have sharpened my ability to prioritize in this position due to multiple, high-demand items that occur.
The majority of public traffic is not having their best day since they have to be in a hospital and I enjoy being able to bring them help in a kind and considerate matter by providing direction or instruction.
Great team on various units
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 March 2018
challenging patient assignments and often understaffed. My role was eventually considered an irrelevant and much to the detriment of the nursing team, we were terminated. I feel we provided relief and our role provided better care and attention to the patient. Cut backs always affect the level of care for the patient
Pros
interesting and challenging
Cons
understaffed
Mediocre place to work
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 February 2018
Management is the worst I have ever experienced. The amount of resources and money wasted in this facility is beyond comprehension. Almost zero culture for health and safety of the workers. Management in my department is clueless when it comes to treating people with dignity and respect. They procrastinate, lie and elicit false hope for improvement on a daily basis. Lower management are unqualified puppets who cower in fear of reprisals from their directors which makes for a culture of fear and loathing amongst their subordinates as each one pettily harasses one another to gain the favor of their superiors. The hardest part of the job is not being able to do your job due to lack of resources and the lack of knowledgeable leadership. Also the arrogance of some of the doctors and nurses who believe they are of more noble stock than the rest of us can be tiresome. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to help the community while providing a service to the sick and weary in hopes that they all go home well at the end of their stay.
Great work environment, exciting improvements underway
Administration (non manager) (Current Employee) –  Burlington26 July 2017
This hospital is undergoing lots of great improvements to the physical space and work environment. The people are great, and the opportunity to make a difference is a huge benefit.

As I write this review, JBH is a stressful place with everyone getting ready to move to our new patient tower. It is a challenging time, but that is to be expected. We are headed in the right direction!

I love my easy commute from West Hamilton and the parking for staff is available and affordable.
Pros
Staff, location, new facilities
Cons
Busy, resource constraints
Stressful with minimal support from management
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON13 July 2017
Taking patients meal request, delivering meals, cleaning trays after service.interacting with nursing staff and patient families. Preparing for next meal service. Cleaning food prep pantry.
Stable work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 April 2017
This hospital is very clean, organized and well maintained. My co-workers are all respectful and helpful towards me and the others same goes with the patients, nurses and doctors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JOSEPH BRANT HOSPITAL. Our community is ready to answer.

JOSEPH BRANT HOSPITAL Reviews by Location