Joriki Inc

Joriki Inc Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews
I enjoyed working at Joriki as a Production Supervisor. The working environment was good. All the staff including my Manager, Colleagues and people from other departments.
Horrible work place. Owner don't care about employee. Make you work like slaves with very less pay. Dirty & stinky washrooms that sometimes don't have running water. Gross lunchroom. They don't care about staff. Owner will yell and scream if his production numbers are low. Hot and humid work place. Winters - freezing cold.Stay here and maybe you'll get a disease. Stay away!!
Pros
Cons
Dirty facility
Typical day you come and start to walk around the plant. Maintenance manger in Scarborough plant is an abusive men who sees himself as kind of powerful men, shout and swear employees right and left, there's no union, safety, training, health benefits you pay $70-150/month, long shifts, nights and weekends. Pretty bad and dangerous workplace, don't waste you're time applying here.
Great team work,working hours are good,time flies as you are super busy doing analysis for in process products as well as finished products,staff are really good .
I worked here when I was a younger this is honestly modern slave labor at its best a lot of the workers are immigrants and this place is pretty much their first job. They work 12 hours a day with two ten minute breaks and a half hour lunch which is sort of a decent paycheck compared to a lot of the countries they immigrated from but this is no place to work in Canadian standards major beverage companies contract these smaller companies to wash their hands of the terrible working conditions so because they are are sub contract to make the juice they go under the radar . They offer no incentive no help no education assistance no uniforms. Can you imagine sweating as you repeatedly struggle to keep up with a mechanical line from 7:00am to 7:00pm with no time for your family or friends just work from sun up to sun down.
Pros
Above minimum wage
Cons
Everything else
hired as production worker and trained as labeler,set labels in labeling machine.Check products and packaging for quality defects,do stocking and other related task assigned in production department and clean the machines before and after work,clean work area at all times.
Pros
no free
Cons
enjoy and happy
The company did not pay my sick leave. Also, work is very stressful and other employees do not do a good job. As a result, I was the one doing most of job. The hardest part of the job is the production and packaging as it can be fast-paced and sometimes employees can't keep up or it can result in exhaustion. Overtime is also very frequent especially during the busy seasons. The most enjoyable part of the job is machine operating as I enjoy doing it.
Benefits
Cons
Hourly rate and working hours
Too hectic makes you feel restless. Uncomfortable to work in.
No perks and not much expected. Good for starters & no job security. Working on weekends is worst. Salary is not so great.
Pros
Feel of just having a job
Cons
Decision making by a single person
only good for starting people
good to have some initial hands on practice

hard long extensive unnecessary laborious work

no work sequrity

so so work culture
Pros
ok place to start career
Cons
private management
there wasen't much job security and if the ower is having a bad day he make sure that everyone he comes in contact with is having a bad day too. people were very nice to work with
Pros
some people are very nice
Cons
working 12 hour days and only 1 lunch and 1 break
I learned how to mixed juices ingredients.I learned how to communicate and work with other nationalities and we work as a team..
Also, I learned how to be a Forklift Operator.

The hardest part of the job is working night shift 12 hours duty from 7pm to 7am.

The most enjoyable part of my job was I made friends at work whom I considered as brotherhood.=
It's great company becauserving it's include the benefits and the only thing hours is long and it's early in the morning if your not driving you have to find away.
Good Company, raise with in time, more benefit,good coworker. So many thing to learn.Single man management.busy in summer but very slow down in winter.
Pros
free juice to drink
Cons
less hours
Working here is passable. The shifts were long and tiresome but had a great learning experience.
Busy work place
Time management is very important

long time standing

time goes by very quick
I was in charge of full cycle of accounts receivable,including deductions/claims analysis,
reconciliation of all A/R accounts and charge back

invoices.This was a very pressured position and I

was qualified.
Analyzing juices, teas, syrups, vitamin waters etc of most major brands
How to analyze the above for total acidity, vitamin content, integrity of seal, etc

Management okay........!!!

Co-workers friendly!!

Moving fast to handle many lines at the same time, good coordination required

The fast-moving atmosphere, thoroughly enjoyable.
Pros
paid on time, substantial overtime
Cons
atmosphere steamy in summer
supervising Production and QA department. Managing 6 direct reports.
ensuring quality of finished products.