JORDANS

JORDANS Employee Reviews

Canada17 reviews
Terribly managed
Warehousing at Jordans is an easy job. Laid back and almost always dead. However, being micromanaged and watched your whole to make sure you're doing something is something that always happened. Even after everything was done. So poorly managed, no advancement, and stingy pay. Manager is awful.
Possibly the worst mistake you could ever make..
Jordans, Jordans, Jordans.. I heard bad things going in but I decided to give them a chance. In the end, possibly the worst work experience I have ever had in nearly 30 years working. Expect to be In an unhealthy competitive environment where everyone has their own agenda and will go behind your back for their personal gain. Lots of jealousy and envy amongst coworkers: particularly at the coquitlam location where I was at. Who knew even older people could be so catty and gossipy?? Management did not train whatsoever but were quick to judge you instead of helping you grow to become the best for the company. Being thrown into action without any training is a HUGE mistake on their behalf, which unless rectified will come to haunt the company in the end. It shows that management and owners alike don’t care to build a team nor to set a strong foundation for their employees. As for the staff in coquitlam this was the first place I’ve worked in where I felt completely unwelcomed. Most of their senior employees are seemingly unhappy with their roles within the company, they are pretentious, not friendly at all and are unable to accept new people into their judgemental environment.

All in all I do NOT recommend this company. Their ethics and values definitely did not align with mine and I regret ever having worked for this kind of a company.
Worse management ever
I had a terrible experience working with Jordan’s. the management is terrible. Because the management sucks. The only pro is you get benefits. And the sales per hour is misleading. It is inaccurate.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Long hours and management doesn’t care about any employers success to grow with the company.
Was a bad experience
Dealing with multiple unqualified managers continuously. Very unorganized . Clique - like work environment, made it very uncomfortable to be there. Was made promises that never transpired.
Pros
I didnt find any
Cons
Dealing with unqualified management
A steady company, with some really great staff.
Jordans has been around for a long time, they are a good old traditional company. I have been with the company for more than ten years and so have many of my co-workers.
Pros
Steady work, and always a good laugh somewhere during the day.
Cons
Slower moving when it comes to change.
Great Place to Work
In the age of giant corporations where employees have been reduced to numbers and the people at the top don't care about those beneath them, Jordans is a refreshing change. A true team company where management is involved in decision making and Upper management is supportive and always available to lend a hand. I have evolved in my career through this support and the special people I work with on a daily basis.
Pros
Family Company, Customer service Driven
Cons
Lots of work/responsibility
Lots of room for growth
The best thing about being a salesperson is your income is what you want to make it. . It does take hard work, but it much better than an hourly wage job.But the reward is there if you want it. Good support from Management to help you succeed.
Pros
Promotion from within
Positive work environment - great co-workers and management
Great place to work. The other co-workers are friendly and helpful. Management is supportive and has an open door policy for any concerns. Everyone is happy to help out. I was rewarded for my performance and always felt included and part of a team.

Highly recommend working there.
Pros
Work environment, co-workers, management
Salesman
When reviewing Jordans brand name as a whole, and if you worked for them, you will know that that they took advantage of people in the past, and believe they can continue to take advantage of people now without consequences.

This company takes advantage of vendors, salesmen, and installers.

You go ahead and meet these big wigs.

This is a bondage slave hierarchical structure where you are nobody and the owners dictates what you need to do because you are no one unless you are dictated to be somebody, - in their minds.

This company takes advantage even of his own managers who are really good people stuck for money. They preach a sermon they don't believe.

Go ahead and try your best, and don't comeback to me telling me otherwise.
Family Company with a lot of heart
I have worked here for few years now and found the Jordans team incredibly supportive in helping me build my career.

My day to day work can be really busy, but always full of laughs. I get to work on a lot of different projects so work never gets monotonous. There's a good work life balance, you're not expected to work long hours or weekends.

Jordans holds lots of events throughout the year for staff, Christmas parties, staff bbqs, golf tournaments and a big Awards Night.

Hardest part of the job: Working as a small team, we have a lot to do and it can get overwhelming.

Most Enjoyable part: Working close with management you often feel like you are part of the decision making process. I feel respected & valued by my management and team.
Just don’t expect much
Just a day to day job,
No proper training,

Poor ethics and culture,

Toxic management,

No advancement opportunity,

Coworkers and dental plan were the only highlight...
Pros
Big company
Absolute Nightmare
The upper management is absolutely horrendous to deal with and insanely disrespectful. They also severely underpay for the job.
On the plus I never had to work overtime and my personal coworkers were fantastic.
Dishonest Management
A typical work day is okay, I certainly would not call it exciting.
You learning will be restricted due to managements lack of training skills.

The workplace culture can only be described as poor due to managements lack of participation.

The hardest part of the job is not receiving adequate training.

If you put in your 8 hours a day that probably is the best part of the

job. .
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
Poor management
Good Experience
I really enjoyed working with the crew. the great management pushed me to always thrive for more and better from myself for them this taught me how much being a hard working for your employers can pay off.
Fun workplace
I liked working here for a period of time, where i learned most of the city as i had to drive the delivery truck on delivery's an some out of city work.
Big and stable company with casual working environment
Big and stable company with casual working environment
Assist project managers perform accounting work for both private home projects and commercial projects
New Career Path
Pick up flooring products from various suppliers. Return to warehouse and unload. Tag all products. Fill in shipping manifesto. Load truck for delivery to retail outlets.
Pros
weekly trip to vancouver island
Cons
long hours and no pay increases