Jonker Honda

Jonker Honda Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews
Oh man where to start. Well, when you work for a few weeks, it was good and all, but when you been there for months, it like a living nightmare. First off, management is very unorganized. All they care about is making high profits and not caring about their staff. Most service staff pretty much hate their job due to how much pressure they get on achieving there high expectation, which causes stress from everyday coming to work. They will expect you to show up on time, and if your 15-20 min late, you would either get talk to or be suspended, unless you have a very good reason for being late. Don't even try to book a few days off because it can either be approved or not approved and you are expected to show up. There is more high expectation on the technician side. If your too slow, or make a small mistake, they would pull you into the office and would either suspend you, can lose your job or give you a warning. Yes, the forman and the service manager will over pressure you with questions since they are like best friends when you get pulled into the office. Good luck asking the shop forman for help in the shop or whatever his role is now since he's not very helpful at all. If you ask him for help as an apprentice, he would tell you to go ask a license tech for help even though there is like 3-4 license tech in the shop who are occupied with their own work... All the forman does is sit in a small cramp office and watch you work at his mini office tower, or stare at the camera all day. if your standing still, he would walk up to you and make you clean something. Yes, he's not a - more...
Pros
Technicians are nice and helpful
Cons
Bad Management
Working for Jonker Honda was unquestionably the most awful experience of my career in the automotive industry. I can confidently say I have never seen an employer so blatantly abuse and take advantage of their employees as I did during my time working there. Highly trained and qualified employees being maliciously run out of their positions by management was a regular occurrence. On average during my employment someone quit or got fired every month. The entire department I worked for was a completely dysfunctional disaster and management continually did absolutely nothing to make it better for anyone working there. Based on my experience working there and from what I saw of others who did, management will simply run you into the ground and fire you or push you so far beyond your limits that you can't take it any more and quit. Management consistently proved that they do not think of their employees as people and will expect you to sacrifice all of your free time and energy to the business until you have nothing left to give. Many people working there including myself were told work should be their number one priority over family and any other aspect of their life, and if that doesn't say it all I don't know what does. I heard negative things about this dealership before I worked there and thought how bad could it be? Unfortunately I found out the hard way, I recommend you don't follow in my footsteps. Avoid working for this dreadful place of business at all costs.
Cons
I have worked at Jonker Honda for over 10 years, It has always felt like family. I have the best boss and I truly love my job and the people i work with,
The benefits are great. When I started I knew nothing about cars, the 1st day was a little over whelming however just like anything new and with the right training I quickly became successful and was promoted. Great place to work.
Don't waste your time here. Only good thing about this place is that its Honda.
Very unorganized work environment with criticism. must be able to handle stress.

Currently under new management and its still unstable.

few facts about this place listed under.

- finding an inventory key can take your 30min away. multiple key locations.

- techs are contracted workers and you can get asked to do Irrelevant unpaid work like cutting bushes.

- no tower operator. jobs are given from advisors and different managers.

meaning if you have issues end of the day its very hard to report.

- shop is very urgently closed on time. this is bad for customer satisfaction. most of front desk staffs are gone before you. shop lights off even though you are working on a car. poor apprentice was working very hard.

- criticism if you are unsure. As a tech its natural to be asked to be perfectionist but realistically that is impossible. asking for customer concern to an advisor requires caution.

- CDK system is not pleasant to use. always get locked to parts or advisors and you have to ask them to close all the time. advisors are too busy to look at what you recommend. If its just engine air filter that you recommend and gets declined you wont get notice. If you do get it approved you have to open up air box second time outside, usually while you are busy working on another car.

- company advertise 90 hours average but with everything delayed you can only make that hours if you get gravy jobs all time.

- you can get asked to come over while transmission or side step is hanging. While you are
 - more...
Micro-management. Staff continuously afraid of loosing their job or being suspended for small mistakes. Staff strait up asked if their health or job is more important to them. Don’t call in sick, go to a funeral or need a day off.
Management is trash, pay is low, opportunities here are quite limited. This business is hemorrhaging staff and constantly hiring, cannot keep people at all. Don't waste your time.
There is allot of money to be made if you are a technician, but you will get treated unfairly. Be ware of management, and back stabbers as you will end up in the office for every little thing. it's almost like they try to find something wrong so you can get in trouble for every little thing.
1st Class Operation. Owners take great pride in the business. Worked with a diverse group of sales consultants. Good work life balance. Very busy location.
Pros
1st class operation
Cons
Jonker would succeed better in the service department of management was overhauled and one system was used with training staff and every day tasks. The company then would have happier employees and customers.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Jonker Honda?
Would not recommend. No training opportunities. Not interested in actually providing work experience. Extreme turnover with little education or training.
Overall I wouldn't recommend working here. Unless you like working outside in all weather and like being wet outside almost all day getting sick all the time cuz you are always wet and susceptible to colds.
Pros
You can wash your car in down time.
Cons
Everything else.
Decision Making,Client relationship excellent management skills and Problem Resolution are keys I have learned. The co-workers are great.
From the point you walk in the door to the point you walk out it doesn't feel like you’re really another employee but more so a part of a family. The owners are always there which shows how much pride they have in the dealership. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with clients but the same can be said about any position where you deal with the general public.