Jollibee

Canada125 reviews

Found 125 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,569 reviews
mealfreecrewfoodlongfriendhourbusy

Cool job

Enjoyable job with nice culture. Management was nice, though a bit unorganized. Fast paced, but that's any fast food job. No glaring issues to be honest.

Stressful, don't work here.

Scheduling is made really late & changed so often, they don't follow your given availability. Mostly done 1 day before your shift & get blamed for not knowing any changes without notice. Location kinda needs its own security since it's near the bus stop & encountered a lot of homeless who OD & sleep in the bathroom. Employees were the ones to clear them out often.Overall, just regret working here. Gained more health issues but built character I guess.

Insights into Jollibee

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose

Cashier

You’re overworked. Management expects too much from you and will ask you to do more than you’re supposed to. Also they will be very rude and shout at you for small mistakes.

Happy place to work

Working with this company is such a pleasure. You can learn a lot. Working with my crew mates and My Mngrs. Is good. We work as a team. The environment is stress free. Always be happy.

Pros

Free meal allowance

Cons

Minimum hours

management is good

I enjoy working with Jollibee. Good management but training is bit shorter. I always love Jollibee since before, they will sharpen your customer service skill.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

long hours standing

Only work here as a last resort

Honestly if you are desperate for a job work here. The work friends I made were the only good part but from the customers to management, and the auditors and whoever it’s the worst thing I’ve ever had to put up with in my life.

stressful & overwhelming-exercise diligence.

most days I'm multitasking between stations to help out where it's needed (i.e., if a co-worker is taking payment at drive-thru, I'll take the order of the next car) and cleaning/restocking when it's quiet. the job itself is not difficult, but the work environment has made it so.I'm pretty sure that understaffing is commonplace. customer traffic will eventually pick up during a shift, and I found it difficult to complete other tasks (i.e., cleaning tables and chairs) because of this.management at my current location is also not great, to put it mildly. their emotions range from cheerful/understanding to annoyed to very upset-especially whenever mistakes happen, which makes me afraid of making one. I understand that I need to take accountability for my mistakes when they happen. I also understand that people have bad days, and you never really know what's going on with someone. but it feels like I'm constantly walking on eggshells around them, since I don't know how they'll react.it's because of this that, shockingly, the most enjoyable part of my job has been interacting with customers. the vast majority of them are polite in various degrees; at best, they are kind and understanding to boot. my co-workers are also pretty relaxed and understanding, which helps a lot given how things at work are.overall, I can't in good faith recommend that anyone work at Jollibee unless their work environment is better than mine (I'm sure it varies per location). I don't want anyone to feel the same horrid dread I get going into my workplace.

Say no to Jollibee on Macleod

Management is so bad, workers be stressing. You got coworkers yelling at each other. Other than that it’s a pretty fun place to work at when it’s not so busy.

Fair

Overall job was fair. Some management were good, some were bad. If you want long hours, work here, because you’re usually asked to extend your hours. Always understaffed.

Pros

Free meal

Cons

Sucky management

Fun people to work with and lots of room for career advancement.

Everyone is like family and are very fun to work with. Salary is very low for the stressful, demanding and devoted workplace that it entails. Management is a hit or miss.

Pros

free lunch, friendly people

Cons

lots of overtime, stressful and demanding job, no time for personal life

Management got toxic and no hours

The management got toxic after a while. There’s not much hours either. Since not much hours are given to others, its always short staffed on days they know it will be busy. So it gets chaotic during peak hours and thats when managers are so irritated on their employees

Productive and fun people, management could be better.

Dominant Filipino culture, can be toxic at times but it's still the people you work with that make the work more fun. Management could be better and that depends on which store you are. Peak hours can be SUPER tiring, especially during summer and some supervisors may add more to that.

Fast paced, stressful, and managers are somewhat good

The work environment is very fast paced. There will be times when you need to jump to a different station. You also need to keep up with the orders. Managers are just, meh. Some managers are very understanding and there are some lowkey favoritism.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Stressful and management are bad

Bad management

Experience could’ve been better if the managers were a little more understanding and gave more hours. Free lunch is always nice but it doesn’t outweigh the toxic culture thats going on the store.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Very short hours, bad management with lowkey favoritism.

Fun workplace ,very good in training, productive

Memorable experience working in jollibee fun workplace, the company is very good in training their employees, productive and competitive. The management is strict but friendly.

Pros

Free meal

Cons

Great coworkers. Disorganized management. Stressful environment.

My management would schedule in fewer people and expect more from us. Everyone was stressed out and tired. When it gets busy, management could not hold up.

Pros

Free meal every shift. Great coworkers.

Cons

Favouritism (you get more shifts if they like you), stressful environment, Late schedules

Good place to work at but poor management

it's a good place to work but poorly managed. Not only that the scheduling is not properly organized. Maybe it's just based on the location I worked at, but it is always so busy which makes all of us employees rush and would sometimes have customers complain.

Pros

discount and server meals

Cons

really busy and poor management

Enjoying and happiness

Jollibee is one of the most food corporations, they serve good taste food, good communication our customer, any store brach is very cleanliness and of course for them, workers are well paid.

Pros

Free Meal

Cons

8hours

Overwhelming

I got hired on the interview but had no idea there was going to be a written test for orientation. My training consisted of being told an impossible amount of information and being expected to memorize everything on the spot. I was put on the cashier to take orders on my first day and assemble them even though I haven't memorized the menu or knew anything about how to assemble orders yet. I was always getting told what to do but never shown exactly how to do it- which ended up getting me in trouble all the time for not knowing how to do things. Every shift was just an endless cycle of making mistakes and getting harshly lectured for it even though I was never taught in the first place. Overall a very unprofessional environment with judgmental coworkers, gossip, and reckless training. Unless you have absolutely no other choice, don't work here!!

Pros

Free server meals I guess

Cons

Can't make friends

Toxic Environment

Could’ve been a fun place to work at if it weren’t for the toxic management in the place. Manager is very strict and controlling with everything employees do/say/wear even when not on the clock. Management also disregards employees feelings and expects everyone to throw problems out the window to fit their wants and needs as if it was that easy. They expect you to put this job first and if you don’t, then no hours for you. Schedules are put out very late sometimes even the day before and is not as accessible to the staff. Typically employees complain about customers the most, but in this place, interacting with customers is so much better than the management.

Pros

Free meal

Cons

Management team

great people, but management... not so much

I love the people I met there and sometimes it can be a really fun place to work at. But the management is extremely rude and unprofessional. From the favoritism, to not respecting their employees, the management here completely ruined my experience. Last year during the pandemic, they didn't give me any shifts for 3 months straight. Didn't even receive a call or anything about training in other departments or even if I was still working there.

Pros

discounted lunches, great new friends

Cons

short hours with heavy work load, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jollibee. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement