Johnston Group Employee Reviews

Positive and Supportive Work Environment
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 November 2017
There are a lot of perks at Johnston Group. I’ve worked for some really horrible companies so I recognize a company that values its employees and that is absolutely what Johnston Group does. Some of the long term staff don’t realize how good they’ve had it there.

My top 5 reasons I enjoy working there:
- supportive and flexible work environment
- competitive salary and generous bonus, free benefits plan, lots of extra perks, we are spoiled
- lots of community involvement and their charitable donations/support
- positive work environment. Treated with respect and feel like I have a voice
- the owners are good, kind people who give back to the employees
Pros
Free benefits, free parking, free Costco membership, gym on site, free hot drinks, fruit and vegetables available, nice new building, good pay, charitable
Cons
They keep some people around longer than they should. No formal training process.
Management decisions are very abrupt
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 September 2017
They are very abrupt in hiring people. When they do not find them useful for their organization, they do not take a minute to kick them out.This kind of behavior is not very impressive.
depends on the department you work in.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 September 2017
If you work in customer service, there alot more work and you cannot leave your desks as often as other departments. People are not as friendly, you have to always be serious and basically say nothing. The benefits are awesome, and draws for concert tickets sometimes. Training sucks, they do not know how to train people.
Pros
Free Lunches, Awesome benefits, Free concert tickets
Cons
Employees are not as friendly, training and management is lacking.
Best Company i ever worked for
Bilingual Group Benefit Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 June 2017
By far the best company I ever worked for. Pretty unique experience nowadays. The CEO knows everyone by name, is down to earth and genuinely cares about every single employee.
productive and rewarding workplace
Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 January 2017
My work day was a 930 to 530 day. It was spent dealing with our clients questions or concerns regarding their insurance or claims with us. I learned to deal with a variety of situations and the most effective ways of dealing with conflict resolution.Management was well structured and encouraging. Hardest part of the job was at times the volume of calls waiting to be answered and not enough coworkers in our department to help. I enjoyed building relationships with our clients over time.
Pros
ompany owner worked in same building and was very hands on with all staff and
Cons
not enough department staff
Great environment to work in
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  winnipeg, manitoba18 May 2012
There was always something to do. My main priority was assuring that the phones were answered in a timely fashion and that issues were resolved quickly.