Johnston Equipment

Johnston Equipment Employee Reviews

Canada85 reviews
I enjoyed working with johnston equipment. It is a corporate environment so keep this in mind when applying. There are opportunities to train within different roles depending on your location and willingness to adapt.
Pros
Salary, incentives, group benefits
The job is very repetitive. As the SM tech you will need to have thick skin, as Loblaw mgnt will constantly change how the SM procedure is handled. In the end I was told that everyone will be doing SM and repairs which wasn't true. There are LOTS of politics that go on behind the scenes and though my co-worker were good guys, there was too much complaining about the work for my liking. Everyone is afforded a company vehicle except the SM tech. There is a expectation that you should work OT, though never said.
Cons
Poor management w/ Loblaws
Every working day, you plan your working and get your job done. That’s you manage yourself like your business, don’t need others push you.if you want get help, no only completely online service, also can get other friendly coworkers help. Manager and supervisor also tried their best for service you. It’s so kind of a friendly and helpful working environment!
Pros
Get Much more support by manage and coworkers
Cons
Mechanic’ working Always need challenge.
I did start working at Johnston Equipment on the first day of the Covid19 business closure.
I am really impressed about the way they handle the situation. they provided me with all the tools I need to start my training to be really efficient at it.

The company is really looking for a good family/business relationship.

Everyone that wants to join Johnston Equipment will not be disappointing.

Johnston Equipment has been just Awesome!!!!!!!!!
Personally I believe that this was a great opportunity for me to learn new skills and place where I know I’ll have excellent options for future personal and professional development.
Company and management that takes care of their employees, colleagues that are really friendly and helpful in any situation.

Wish I had change to start working for GNJ when I arrived to Canada.
Pros
Help at any time regarding any issue.
Cons
Haven’t found it yet.
Essential work place keeps every company in motion. Managers are amazing and supportive. In house training is second to none. Room to advance. Great place to work it’s like a second family.
I recently made the decision to join this company after doing my due diligence as I wanted to associate myself with a great company that is established, committed to process, and a Leader in industry. I am happy to report that I have found exactly what I was looking for at GN Johnston Equipment. The management is extremely supportive and very much partnered for my success. The onboarding plan is the best I have ever encountered in my working career. I was introduced to my office buddy for navigating the company and she answered all of my questions with ease. A typical day for me in the office is to begin at 8am and work until 5pm (with an hour for lunch and coffee breaks). The only negatives I can say is that the office environment is suits and business formal (Friday is business casual), and the requirement for working at the office is a mandate. I wish that the company would be more flexible for us knowledge-based positions and allow business casual clothing in today's workplace of remote employees. For most employees in the Mississauga office it would seem there is a considerable drive at both ends of the day to be in the office for set hours, which hurts the home/work life balance. I have learned that this company has a majority of employees who have worked here for many years. This shouldn't be thought of as a complacent company as it is very much a Leader in professional development and there are many success stories from the employees. I will say that everyone is very respectful to one another and this culture is noticeably embraced by the whole team. The most enjoyable - more...
Pros
Employees, process, compensation, and Management
Cons
I'll have to get back to you on this one....
Been there 1.5 years and no formal training. Very new Management and Sales Team with minimal experience. Management not wiliing to spend money on training staff properly. Sales Coordination is over worked and very slow at completing quotes.
Lots of opportunity for growth with this company. Very forward thinking at looking into the future and automation space. Continuously buildings their automated product portfolio.
Overall good company, great and very experienced staff. Supportive team. Small company and old process, needs to put automation system in place.......
I’ve had the pleasure of working for Johnston Equipment for the last 4 months, I’ve met a lot of people through JE, through training, working at Ajax Distribution Center.
Ce fut 13 ans exceptionnel avec une équipe régional extraordinaire. Belle entreprise avec une culture de changement rapide.
Not a great work environment. No feedback from managers. CEO doesnt trust anyone. If you are not in Toronto, Montreal or maybe Vancouver, you really do not exist for this company.
Watch out, they are notorious for following through on their non-compete & non-sollicit agreements. Numerous account managers have been threatened to be brought to court. Some of the bonuses and commissions are attainable only if stars are aligned. Layoffs are plenty in a down economy, as customers tend to put off their material handling purchases during a recession. Constant management reshuffling.
While not being with the organization a great period of time it has become clear that Johnston Equipment take our position and dominance in the marketplace very seriously.

With many specific products and services being offered, JE does a spectacular job of integrating these services and providing the best possible solutions to our customers. In the realm of material handling there is little to nothing that can't be achieved by partnering with Johnston Equipment.

Looking forward to future successes with the team! Look out competition!
Large company with vehicle and fuel, phone iPad, great starting pay chance of growth within company good staff and management are helpful training is interesting
It is a good place to work. People are nice and helpful. Introduction and overall process for new hire needs more improvement. Company don’t want to spend much on new hire till they complete first 3 months. Good training programs for technician.
management in Calgary office very untrustworthy. put blame on anyone but themselves for gross incompetency and inability to control parts department and service dispatch. only interested in self gain and advancement. Very dishonest people.
Cons
On call 24 hours a day, seven days a week, year round. 3 years none stop.
Johnston Equipment is a great place to work but the commute from Milton is just too difficult. Would like something closer to home in Milton Ontario.

There is a lot to learn at Johnston, there are many steps in processing orders, credit, leases, etc...... but after training i did very well.
Outside cold calling, selling, computer entry, ordering, researching, pricing, design, travel, coordination of installation crews for industrial warehouse equipment.
Best part of this job was making contacts and closing sales.
A great place for opportunities of growth, good work/life balance.
Some managers are great

work place culture needs some work, very old school & stuffy