JOHNSON Employee Reviews

Poor culture
Professional (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL28 March 2018
The best part about working here is that you get to leave on time every day. People are fired frequently, often because roles change a little and the company believes going to market is better than simply upskilling current staff, or giving development opportunities to staff. Leadership claim to be transparent but are really just cut-throat. Once upon a time it was said to be an amazing employer, but years after being bought out by RSA it's turning into a place where you are constantly looking over your shoulder. All of my colleagues are looking for other jobs. The people who get ahead are bullies. The company has no true direction, in my opinion. Every time a new executive is hired the strategy completely changes, everything shifts, and then the executive is let go a short time later. Constant churn. Any self-respecting individual would tire of the foolishness and just move on. I know I sure hope to!
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Leadership, culture, engagement
Would Not Recommend Working at Johnson
Service Specialist, Travel (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL31 August 2017
Call centre environment, very lonely, stressful, and demanding. Felt like stats were never good enough, and there was too much pressure to ensure calls were quick, yet make a sale. There is no work/life balance. Days off are denied on a regular basis. Management does not have enough involvement with staff. Hardest part of the job was feeling bad for needing time off. The most enjoyable part of the job was the training in the beginning.
Enjoyable place to work with a great culture and socially responsible
Director of Operations in the Billing process (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL23 August 2017
A company that is growing and changing. While there seems to be some uncertainty in the workforce right now, I enjoyed my 30 years working for Johnsons and had many opportunities for personal growth and career advancement.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Changes and influences by new owner
Service Specialist
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL16 April 2017
Its not a bad company overall, if you are in a service role only if your lucky enough and have a supportive manager you can grow.It is extremely fast paced and you have to have the ability to work under stress.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Poor management, poor work schedules
Team Advisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON19 September 2016
A typical day for me at work involves checking emails and prioritizing them by urgency. Updating and responding to Attendance requests. Tracking statistics of our examiners and creating reports for my manager. My Branch Supervisor and Manager treat us very respectfully and we have a great relationship and my co-workers make me smile everyday. The hardest part of my job is that there is more work to do than time in a day but that seems to be the way it is everywhere today. The most enjoyable part of my job is streamlining processes, creating "how to's" to help make things easier and faster for both our internal and external customers.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not in ottawa as I am looking to relocate
Sales Driven
Sale Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 September 2016
My work day is all micro managed. We have our days broken down for us. Example when we can return a call or when we take a call.

My co-workers are great, helpfully. I get along with all my co-workers.

My manager always has my back and supports my decisions.

The hardest part of my job is that I taking everything to heart.

Making the sale is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Great Benefits and Commission
Cons
Shift work
Johnson
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL6 September 2016
A typical day in my job involves answering the phone or meeting in person with clients to discuss their home & auto insurance needs. I learn something new every day about insurance as there is a wide range of things to know. The management team at Johnson are excellent, always there to support you. I have the greatest co-workers that always encourage me & are always here to help. The hardest part of my job is that I feel the need to be more challenged. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with my clients. Being able to give them excellent customer service & advice means a lot.
Pros
Great benefits
Wonderful workplace - specialized service department
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL2 April 2016
This job would include a wide range of tasks such as take care of customer concerns upon policy renewal or mid term. Complete full policy review and act as a first line underwriter. Assess risk and review applicable discounts. Explain coverage and make changes to policies. Bind and cancel insurance. Prepare documents and send them using various methods. Follow up on continuing education and licensing. Take care of customer complaints. Cross sell, upsell. Abide to quality and regulatory requirements, successfully achieve expected targets.
Great team of people who always thrive to go above and beyond. The human factor is by far one of the company's biggest assets.
Pros
nice work environment, benefits
Cons
shift work
Excellent place to work! Company really cares about their employees.
Customer Accounts and Billing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON28 February 2016
In my 4.5 years at Johnson, I met some great people not only in our Billing department, but in all other depts, ie. Home & Auto, Plan Benefits, Claims, Service Support and also Management.

The company restructured, leaving our dept moving to our Corporate location in Newfoundland. Unfortunately, most of us did not relocate as not ideal for us.

Great benefits and wellness included with employment. I will miss Johnson dearly.
Diverse Group of People to Work with.
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL10 November 2015
Limited resources available for continued education. Due to exponential growth within the company focus was on the company as a whole rather than the needs of an individual employee.
Productive & Fun place to work with. Very supportive management team.
Customer Accounts & Billing Assistant (Current Employee) –  1595 16th Avenue, Suite 700, Richmond Hill31 October 2015
My typical day is busy from the time I arrive to the time I leave. I have learned plenty with Johnson, Customer Service being a big part of my job. Management is so relaxed and down to earth, which is so important with a company, they actually care about the employees. My co-workers are also great to work with, everyone is super friendly at Johnson, including other departments I have interacted with. The hardest part of my job would have been the training of new employees for our payment system, as not everyone catches on right away, which requires months of training. I liked my job, as it kept me busy and I did an assortment of duties.
Pros
Social Club with special jean & treat days plus giveaways.
Great People
Senior Claims Adjuster/ Examiner (Former Employee) –  edmonton ab17 October 2015
Company centralized department and I did not want to move to Ontario .for work. Generally had great atmosphere and work was busy but good.
Not what it used to be
Service (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL31 May 2015
Now very much RSA not johnson. Great place to work if you are in the right position. Salaries are dated and a lot of benefits have been reduced.
Amazing company with a strong focus on employee engagement.
Payroll & Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL23 April 2013
Johnson Inc is committed to customers, people and outperformance. Day in and day out, employees give their best and are rewarded by a company that respects them both as people and workers.

Employees benefit from a generous discount on insurance, great work/life balance, 15 days vacation starting and an in-house employee peer recognition program.