Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

Good place to work for
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON12 September 2017
Good place to work for. Good people and training provided. The starting salary was not what I expected . Great management and a pleasant work environment
nuance I work for the montreal CMC- if you are about money it's ok but the management has a culture of bullying that is unappealing
Emergency Dispatch (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 September 2017
Management has a culture of bullying which hides behinds corporate.
Current manager has threatened to attack an employee in front of witness, other current manager has harassed more than a few employees. This place is great if you just want money and are an in and out type of person.
Pros
overtime
Cons
bully culture/no advancement
Fun place to work
Inventory and Quality Control Junior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON7 September 2017
Pretty chill and easy going. Enjoyed working here. The hours aren't bad compared to other factories and I had the opportunity of meeting life-long friends here.
Pros
Reasonable working conditions
Cons
Monotonous
Great people - Inspiring Company
Electrical Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 August 2017
I go to to work everyday knowing that my colleagues and I are ready to make a huge difference in the communities that we serve. This is the real deal. We love and are passionate about what we do and how we all strive to always do better.
Great Place to Work
Branch Install Mgr/Major Projects Project Mgr (Former Employee) –  Canada23 August 2017
Though a very large corporation, Johnson Controls has an atmosphere of being a smaller operation. Everyone I interacted with at Johnson Controls internally, whether from our local Edmonton branch or from one of our international support branches, was welcoming, thoughtful and knowledgeable in their field.
Productive fast paced environment
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Nobel, ON8 August 2017
A typical day of review and approve requisitions, purchasing, resolving invoice discrepancies, close relationship with production and planning.
Just in time environment for shipping and delivery of product.
Productive and healthy atmosphere
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2017
It is a very good company to everyone who can start with. We can learn from experienced professionals with great knowledge. The surroundings and the coworkers are very friendly.
productive
Operations & Maintenance specialist (O&M) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 June 2017
great company. health & safety is number 1 priority, managemnt is very qualified, however it needs to expans. it is losing buisness in calgary for various reasons
Regular Call Centre
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  North York, ON31 May 2017
• Complete Tyco Product Training and demonstrate sufficient product knowledge and understanding to assist call-in customers
• Respond to customer’s queries regarding technical issues in a friendly and professional manner; determine the cause of the issues and recommend corrective action
• Follow up with customers to ensure problems are solved or recommend further actions to ensure customers satisfaction
• Escalate inquiries not resolved and report all suspected products issues immediately to senior team members
Plant is no longer in operation
Maintence Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON31 May 2017
The plant was a great plant to work The Johnson Controls plant I worked at made Automotive seating for Chrysler and Toyota. The corporation made the decision to get out of the seating business. Shutting down the plant and putting 300 people out of work.
Pros
Great workforce
Cons
Wages not as great
JCI is a highly respected and proffessional company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 May 2017
Johnson Controls promotes a culture of growth, professionalism, on going training, safety, autonomy and job growth.
Employees at JCI are very well trained and work hard to keep customer satisfaction at the highest level.
Pros
Excellent training, and benifits
Cons
sometimes micro mgt.
Co-workers are great. Management towing the line till retirement and don't care much
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2017
Management claims an open door policy;however, that is not the case. The open door policy means don't open your mouth. Too many staff are let go without explanation and it's scary.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
below standard benefits
My Typical Day
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON25 March 2017
I worked with the company for approx. 2 years. I worked shift work. I worked with a great group of people. Good benefits. Company has since shut down.
Pros
benfits
Cons
shift work
dont care about your saftey
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON27 February 2017
I was with them for just under a year, After I refused to do a part of the job do too my safety they showed me the front door, Not a fan of an employer that will allow something to swing above my head where it will make contact with my head,, I like to keep my brains unscrambled thank you.
great global company to work for
Procurement (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON13 February 2017
massive company with great benefits, the people and work culture is great however there is little room for advancement. management listens to employees.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Limited Grwoth
It was very challenge job.
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON8 February 2017
It was a two months contract job. I had completed my tasks within the time frame. I was asked to calculate the standard time for varies stations.
Lead Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MI2 February 2017
Team meetings on every shift. Goals and performance reviews were set yearly. The company put training and development into every employee. Safety was number one always and the wellbeing of everyone.
Pros
Teamwork
not the best place
REGIONAL DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2017
the worst company i ever worked for in my entire career, there was no work life balance and they didn't respect the employees and management wasn't in touch with people
Cool job with new exciting challenges every day
Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 January 2017
A cool job where you can go behind the scenes and see how buildings are programmed and managed. A great balance of physical and mental work with great co-workers.
Productive workpalce
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 January 2017
I worked as a contract employee and it was great experience for me to get much knowledge about quality controlling (Canadian experience) experience as a immigrant.
Pros
Morning shift
Cons
worked as contract employee

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson Controls. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K