Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

Found 178 reviews matching the search See all 4,990 reviews
global
O&M Site Supervisor / MDH - Halton Region (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON2 January 2019
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities.
Very stable work environment, job security and benefits.
System Design Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON18 December 2018
Corporate work environment, very safe and stable place to be. Internal career opportunities and personal development well organized. It is a very good example to studying project management and corporate structure.
Great Co-Workers
Systems Technician 1 (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON17 December 2018
Co-workers are great!
Always available for help when needed.

Great Benfits and perks

Job is very safety oriented.

Company vehicle helps out a lot.
Just work and work
SMT Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  North York, ON10 December 2018
Worked, worked, worked.

Month end is the busiest time we must meet the target in every department.

We have 5 minutes exercise everyday to stretch our tired body.
Pros
5 food warmer, you can eat your food on time and warm enough.
Cons
low wages
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON25 November 2018
Team environment with lots of support from upper management. Fast pace and team members are very s help full and great at there job. Suppliers keep the position challenging
Pros
Great team
Cons
Company change to Adient
High turnover rate. Lazy management. Unprofessional HR
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON22 November 2018
Even before I stared I was weary about reporting there for my first day. I got a bad vibe but I ignored it and showed up anyway. Seems that my bad vibe was correct. The training was non existent. I had to learn most things myself. Stumbled through my time there never knowing wht they want but hearing complaints when they did not get what they want. I became discouraged and disgruntled real quick. The atmosphere was very negative and the staff were unhappy. They force everyone to work 48 hours a week so there was a lot of burn out. I guess the way the staff there kept themselves happy was by petty back stabbing and throwing people under the bus. It did not win them any favours but I guess that it kept them amused. Glad to be gone from there. I should have listened to my instinct and not accepted a job there.
Pros
Has benefits and good vacation time
Cons
Long hours negative atmosphere unprofessional conduct
On the Road Job
Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 November 2018
Time management is a definite need.
I have learnt many topics regarding fire alarm security and building requirements.
Management had a high turn over rate, therefore the leadership goals changed a lot.
Work/Life Balance is pretty good
Suppression Coordinator / Renewal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 November 2018
Typical office setting, great people to work with but the management and environment can get a little toxic at times. Overall great company though! I would recommend this company to others.
the hardest part of the job
Inside Sales & Service Administration (Former Employee) –  Annacis Insland, Delta BC1 November 2018
Customer complaints that were not followed up at for a long time. There was never a sense of urgency. the PO's had to be approved and confirmed in Mexico and the Invoices from Milwaukee.
Pros
close to home
Cons
not enough of Technicians
no comment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 October 2018
I have no comment. You will have to experience the work environment and culture for yourself to decide. You can make it whatever you want it to be despite it all.
Good entry experience
Senior Level 2 Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 September 2018
The company is a good place to start your career and develop your skills. Immediate manager/supervisors are very friendly and easy to approach.

Overall, the employees at JCI/Tyco are very professional.

That being said, the salaries and vacation policies (Canadian) might not be what you would expect from an international and reputable company of this scale. JCI does not seem to offer competitive salaries to their employees (at least from my experience), so negotiate salaries since the beginning, because it will be very difficult to fight for adjustment of it after you start.

Also, you may find new employees having a higher entry salary than people who've worked for 3 to 5 years (due to labor shortage), but the company has no plan (even when asked for) to review and readjust existing salaries.
Pros
Good managers and supervisors
Cons
Compensations, Vacation
fun
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON18 September 2018
overall it was a well oiled macheine everyone helped everyone and we all were like a big family the management took the time to get to know you and they made sure we were all happy
Pros
free discount cards
Cons
manditory 6 day weeks
Great
Industrial Millwright/Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Parry Sound, ON10 September 2018
Great place to work and always busy, but flexible when needed. Great employee attitude and benefits. Employees are treated very well and respected..
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 September 2018
- Friendly place to work.
- Work in a team
- Hours worked on job has to enter daily in order to have a proper payroll and cost of the each job.
- detail oriented of parts which are used on job.
Pros
Good workplace
Clean environment
Seat Technician (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON9 August 2018
Only 2 shifts available and it's rotating. Occasional overtime but not mandatory. Plant is very clean and organized. Salary is reasonable and benefits are very good.
Worst and terrible place. Discrimination it is normal practice there!
Ex employe (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 July 2018
this is the worse place to work, everyone hates it here, management treat employees like garbage. they don`t care about work life balance and the schedules they give you will make u wanna quit.
Calgary it is worst brunch of former TYCO company. Management has only top surface understanding of people management.Only relatives and friends has a support from them!!!
You stay here to pay bills.
Communications Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2018
unable to advance, grossly underpaid compared to other competitors in the same industry.

unable to save any extra money, good location and transit accessible, however coming to work here is not fun anymore.
about the company
Junior Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 June 2018
you work 8 hours that is not bad and usually always get your 40 hours , on call is very stressful . management doesn't help you very much . always make sure you look out for yourself because they are not there to help you . they are there to help the company and there assets
Pros
benefits and pension
Cons
unhealthy work environment
Telecommute is awesome
Energy Solutions Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CA20 June 2018
I work from home developing performance guarantee projects. Big learning curve but a great team. There are some issues with management but I think they are growing pains.
Great Co-workers
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON5 June 2018
I really enjoyed working at Johnson Controls.. I enjoyed my job making the Camaro seats. It was a real shock to find out that Johnson Controls was shutting its doors.
Pros
Great paying job
Cons
Losing my Job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson Controls. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K