Johnson Controls

Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

Canada314 reviews

Found 314 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,192 reviews
johnsoncontrolautomotivetoxicsafetyunionteamplant

Great company to learn troubleshooting skills.

In my honest opinion speaking as an It technician and access control technician , I would say that working at Johnson Controls was a troubleshooting school for me . The different scenarios from where you needed to find a solution in order to help the field technicians were challenging every day. That pushed me to give the best of me to find the solution to make the things work well.

Pros

free lunches

Just a Job

The job security is good at Silent aire . But the Work Culture is very toxic . The office staff treats the floor employees very poorly. The raise that happens every year is a joke on the face . This place is a tree of Nepotism

Pros

Bi weekly pizza and donut for the office staff

Cons

Very stressful work and almost impossible deadlines

Insights into Johnson Controls

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Productive and fun place to work

Work from home Benefits and leaveFlexibility in working hoursManagement and work culture is good Salary benefits is okaySupportive and helpful Management

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Jobs outsourced

Consistent out of work, room for advancement and broad range of direction

Overall I feel secure in my position. Not chained to one area or job. The management is fair and respectful. They also notice effort where they see it. The pay seems equal to level of competency and commitment

Pros

Good work life balance

Cons

Aging equipment for now. Slow to change..

Great coworkers , poor management

Majority of time no stress. Great people to work with however loss good employees due to examples being set by new management. Rotating management on a monthly to quarterly basis. Slow on training employees for safety such as working at heights (would be given the harness and lanyard without the training).

Good

Good but given too many ramps than needed. Sometimes you come for your shift and the manager asks why you don’t have enough ramps ready to go. To me this isn’t good..

Revolving door of employees

No room for growth in the company. Will need to switch departments if you want growth, workers are overworked and underpaid. Management will mess up time sheets.

Good experience

It’s good for experience but there is no opportunities for growth. Team morale is low and most positions are being outsourced to other countries.Upper Management does not care

No clue what they’re doing

Very toxic, very unorganized. Managers are a revolving door of replacements with “new ideas” that never pan out leaving the technicians vulnerable to unwarranted scrutiny. They don’t understand how the real HVAC world works because the company is led by unqualified people at the top steering the ship. Too many meetings, to many opportunities wasted by really poor decisions.

Management constantly changing

-Management structure changes almost every year. -Co- workers are amazing.- Under valued and over worked. - No opportunity for growth or advancement or salary increase

Big Enough To Afford Training

Although many branches have the Johnson Controls brand, each does not necessarily operate the same.So it differs from branch to branch. Good place to learn (security division)

Was excellent until they hired a different manager

At work every day I had a agenda to try and see some of my contacts, Engineers or contractors to see what was available for job opportunities in sales.. I learned allot about different types of Chillers. The Manager was good at the office but when they replaced my manager out of the main office in Toronto I felt distance from someone I could trust. The individuals at the office where great until they haired this Engineer who used my name to get the job. He was useless. I loved the challenge when sitting with Engineers and talking about systems, budgeting and design on major projects and specifying Johnson Controls equipment

Great place for experienced energy professionals

Great variety of energy projects, and lots of free reign to develop projects and execute them. Management supportive. Large internal network for help when required.

Hvac Service

The sky is the limit here, Learn as much as you want. Johnson Controls has a Service Technical training academy which allows you to learn at your own pace.

Pros

Safety

Cons

Some time there is a lack of hours

Good place to have a career.

Good company with solid processes set in place, very organized workforce.Very helpful and supportive of new employees help them get on board with their work.

Corporate environment with friendly employees

safety is a really big aspect of this company. starting out can be daunting due to the amount of processes that need to be done for so many tasks.

Pros

take home work vehicle, company cellphone

Cons

processes arent fully optimized

Decent place to work, except for management

I worked at Johnson Controls for 6 months. The training was 4 weeks long and very thorough. However, I will say the training is harder than the actual job. This was one of the easiest jobs I've had and a decent enough place to work. As long as you're doing your work and following procedures no ones says anything to you. The problem is with management. An extremely disorganized bunch of people in roles they shouldn't be in. They ignore emails and phone calls regarding discrepancies in pay, issues regarding hours and scheduling. You're better off just reporting them to the ministry to get things done. I had to do that in order to get my final paycheck from them. If you decide to work here, just make sure you keep a record of your hours, because they will mess up on your pay multiple times.

Pros

Automatic benefits, easy

Cons

Management, pay, mandatory night shift

Good local teams ruined by corporate

The company has good teams and work environment at the local level but any positives are overwhelmed by stereotypical disconnected corporate 'leadership' that are only interested in advancing whatever short term personal objectives they have without regard to local sites, employees, customers, etc.

Loved it there!

Very procedural and professional company to work for with a decent culture. There is very good training on company processes and expectations. The work is fast paced and demanding though.

Pros

Employees are treated well and appreciated.

Cons

Extremely fast paced, excellence is demanded.

Very Inclusive and team base environment

A great company so far I mean I just started but the people are great and an absolutely joyful environment as well you’ll love it As well as they are very easy going there’s not too much pressure so far so yeah it’s a great place

Pros

Salary and a great management team

Cons

Not really sure yet

Toxic

Toxic environment, coupled with individuals whom spend their entire day looking to find information to get co-workers fired and to compensate for their own incompetence. Very counter productive and unprofessional. They want you to work 7 days a week, will even give you non related projects on the weekend and then never use the work you performed for anything. They will chew you up and spit you out when they fell like it. No loyalty, no appreciation and no tolerance towards anyone with any differences (unofficially behind closed doors). Worst job ever

Pros

Can’t think of any

Cons

Too many to list. Not 1932 any longer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson Controls. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement