Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

Good company
With good revenue
Good work life balance
Slow career advancements
Need to push the management
Lots to learn in the company
Good technology
Horrible
Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Delaware, ON10 February 2019
This company appears like a winner with ethics and morals, however, after being their for awhile I noticed a lot of disturbing things. From Federal Government Collusion to many dark hidden agendas. The Higher up you go the more dark it becomes. Stay away! I started working and noticed my work load increased and many glitches with their NexGen System and Salesforce. I also noticed that certain prebid information appeared to be getting out to competitors. I believe that some of the higher ups are included in the collusion. What's better that one check? Two! Their is also something illuminatish with the company that is very dark. Stay away if you are a minority.
Pros
Great Pay!
Cons
You are working for the Devil!
Poor Management
Communications Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2019
Managers go out of their way to ensure employees aren't treated fairly and there is a constant CBA complaint for one hing or another against them with the Union
Pros
Unionized
Cons
Everything else
Miss working for this company
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB4 February 2019
Worked for Johnson right out of High School.Great place to work.But at the time I had young kids and I was on call every second week.So, I received a job offer with a family business that had better personal life balance for me at the time.
Pros
Greta Company
Ottawa Management Tyco is a joke
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 January 2019
If you are willing to get mocked and can deal with a racist and wait for your pay that the local manager is not submitting this is the place for you. Ain’t no fun to work even the jobs are interesting, no assistance from management, the branch manager rather throws you under the bus. Higher management and HR do not respond or act to any complaints filled, they are as guilty and useless.

Customers leaving due to high service cost, probably just a matter of time until this devision will be sold.
Job was fairly good to great , until a failed technician got promoted to run the show. From here everything in Ottawa Tyco IFS went down hill.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Management is a joke
not such a bad company
Mobile Critical Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Royal Tunbridge Wells4 January 2019
they are a good company to work for on their electrical side, it was fun to work with the people i did and i enjoyed my time there and would work for them again.
Pros
good company
Cons
could use better communication
global
O&M Site Supervisor / MDH - Halton Region (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON2 January 2019
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities.
Very stable work environment, job security and benefits.
System Design Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON18 December 2018
Corporate work environment, very safe and stable place to be. Internal career opportunities and personal development well organized. It is a very good example to studying project management and corporate structure.
Great Co-Workers
Systems Technician 1 (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON17 December 2018
Co-workers are great!
Always available for help when needed.

Great Benfits and perks

Job is very safety oriented.

Company vehicle helps out a lot.
Just work and work
SMT Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  North York, ON10 December 2018
Worked, worked, worked.

Month end is the busiest time we must meet the target in every department.

We have 5 minutes exercise everyday to stretch our tired body.
Pros
5 food warmer, you can eat your food on time and warm enough.
Cons
low wages
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON25 November 2018
Team environment with lots of support from upper management. Fast pace and team members are very s help full and great at there job. Suppliers keep the position challenging
Pros
Great team
Cons
Company change to Adient
High turnover rate. Lazy management. Unprofessional HR
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON22 November 2018
Even before I stared I was weary about reporting there for my first day. I got a bad vibe but I ignored it and showed up anyway. Seems that my bad vibe was correct. The training was non existent. I had to learn most things myself. Stumbled through my time there never knowing wht they want but hearing complaints when they did not get what they want. I became discouraged and disgruntled real quick. The atmosphere was very negative and the staff were unhappy. They force everyone to work 48 hours a week so there was a lot of burn out. I guess the way the staff there kept themselves happy was by petty back stabbing and throwing people under the bus. It did not win them any favours but I guess that it kept them amused. Glad to be gone from there. I should have listened to my instinct and not accepted a job there.
Pros
Has benefits and good vacation time
Cons
Long hours negative atmosphere unprofessional conduct
On the Road Job
Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 November 2018
Time management is a definite need.
I have learnt many topics regarding fire alarm security and building requirements.
Management had a high turn over rate, therefore the leadership goals changed a lot.
Work/Life Balance is pretty good
Suppression Coordinator / Renewal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 November 2018
Typical office setting, great people to work with but the management and environment can get a little toxic at times. Overall great company though! I would recommend this company to others.
the hardest part of the job
Inside Sales & Service Administration (Former Employee) –  Annacis Insland, Delta BC1 November 2018
Customer complaints that were not followed up at for a long time. There was never a sense of urgency. the PO's had to be approved and confirmed in Mexico and the Invoices from Milwaukee.
Pros
close to home
Cons
not enough of Technicians
no comment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 October 2018
I have no comment. You will have to experience the work environment and culture for yourself to decide. You can make it whatever you want it to be despite it all.
Good entry experience
Senior Level 2 Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 September 2018
The company is a good place to start your career and develop your skills. Immediate manager/supervisors are very friendly and easy to approach.

Overall, the employees at JCI/Tyco are very professional.

That being said, the salaries and vacation policies (Canadian) might not be what you would expect from an international and reputable company of this scale. JCI does not seem to offer competitive salaries to their employees (at least from my experience), so negotiate salaries since the beginning, because it will be very difficult to fight for adjustment of it after you start.

Also, you may find new employees having a higher entry salary than people who've worked for 3 to 5 years (due to labor shortage), but the company has no plan (even when asked for) to review and readjust existing salaries.
Pros
Good managers and supervisors
Cons
Compensations, Vacation
fun
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON18 September 2018
overall it was a well oiled macheine everyone helped everyone and we all were like a big family the management took the time to get to know you and they made sure we were all happy
Pros
free discount cards
Cons
manditory 6 day weeks
Great
Industrial Millwright/Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Parry Sound, ON10 September 2018
Great place to work and always busy, but flexible when needed. Great employee attitude and benefits. Employees are treated very well and respected..
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 September 2018
- Friendly place to work.
- Work in a team
- Hours worked on job has to enter daily in order to have a proper payroll and cost of the each job.
- detail oriented of parts which are used on job.
Pros
Good workplace
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson Controls. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K