Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

about the company
Junior Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 June 2018
you work 8 hours that is not bad and usually always get your 40 hours , on call is very stressful . management doesn't help you very much . always make sure you look out for yourself because they are not there to help you . they are there to help the company and there assets
Pros
benefits and pension
Cons
unhealthy work environment
Great Co-workers
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON5 June 2018
I really enjoyed working at Johnson Controls.. I enjoyed my job making the Camaro seats. It was a real shock to find out that Johnson Controls was shutting its doors.
Pros
Great paying job
Cons
Losing my Job
Commercial Industrial HVAC Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 May 2018
I worked alone away from home and was compensated 10 dollars a day for food and accommodations. Not nearly enough. After helping out for a year was promptly dismissed without any consideration for what I had done.
Pros
Cons
Long travels with no pay. Garbage accommodations. What a joke. Glad to be done with them.
they do not care about their employees
Communication Coordinator (dispatcher) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2018
this is the worse place to work, everyone hates it here, management treat employees like garbage. they dont care abt work life balance and the schedules they give you will make u wanna quit. its all about seniority here, people who have been here for 10+ yrs dnt leave cause they can get whatever they want but if u are new u will get the worse shifts the worst hours no way of taking days off u dnt get anything
Pros
benefits are good
Cons
everything else
Good starting Job
HVAC Systems/Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon15 May 2018
Good starting job. I worked in the position i was in for nearly 3 years. The management was good and they did lots of training to ensure their technicians are prepared to work with their equipment and with their customers.

There was a mild negative teasing attitude about the organization. it led to people being negative in the workplace. Not the best situation to keep new people who are not willing to stoop to that level.

I was terminated for not being able to my work. I had an injury that was not covered by short term disability leave or long term disability leave. We came to a mutual agreement that i would be terminated so i could get my severance.
Pros
Benefits, Training, education, wages
Cons
negative work enviroment
Great Place
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON9 May 2018
This company was a great place to work. Sad that it is no longer open. The Plant Manager was great at the time. It was an amazing experience. If this company was still around, I would recommend.
great environment
Serviced fire extinguishers, general labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 May 2018
First go through the hazards in the workplace and make a report. Then you go on to your work for the day. You learn what you need to do and mostly do it everyday . Enjoyable because you know what your getting yourself into every day .
Pros
good pay, great hours
Brutally Toxic Workplace Environment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON29 March 2018
Unfortunately this was a terrible experience of a good working environment..
A 'team' spirit never encouraged or practiced by management, It was encouraged to tell on each other, throw people under the bus whenever you can. Management was entertained by this. Sick, toxic environment.
Great team
Liaison (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON24 March 2018
Starting shortly after opening truly a company that cared about it`s employee`s, lot of team building, promoted with the company.
Willing to go the extra mile when asked.
Pros
Team
Cons
downsize
Good Student Summer Position
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON17 March 2018
Was a good student summer position that allowed me to save for my future. Provided a different and exciting work environment that has allowed me to advance my skills and obtain new ones.
BMS, CCTV Acess control system, Fire Alarm System.
BMS Technician (Current Employee) –  BMS Technician6 March 2018
IN Johnson controls I m working as a BMS Technician.I am working in site Hajj terminal Airport Jeddah for operation and maintenance.
Daily we do inspection on site to check all the system of site like BMS CCTV Access Control system,
Poor Management
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 February 2018
Very little training at the time of employment, very little support from management, specifically because they were not local to the office.
The local crew that worked in the office made for a good environment and stuck together through tough times.
However, the company as I knew it no longer exists since Johnson Controls took over.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
poor management
great company
Material handler/production associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON26 February 2018
I really enjoyed my experience with the company and was given the opportunity to further my education and become certified in health and safety.I also was given the opportunity to become the in-house forklift trainer
Micro Management
Web Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON25 February 2018
Managers don’t know how to work with a team. Micro manage everything even washroom break. Do not have proper culture or management. Just work and get your paycheqye no good relation between colleagues!
Pros
Cons
Micro management
Excellent Company
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON12 February 2018
Great company to work for in the Automotive industry. Fast pace exciting business. Can be stressful at times. Overall, a good work environment. Good monetary compensation.
Pros
JIT manufacturing
Cons
JIT manufacturing
Une entreprise prospère
Chef marketing adjoint (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC9 February 2018
J'ai aimé l'entreprise car elle est bien organisée.
Pros
repas gratuits
Cons
courtes poses, assurances maladies.
Extremely professional
Property Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 February 2018
Fast paced, detailed oriented.
Learned great deal about budgeting and Maximo system.
Turn around of Facility Managers to quick.
Team worked well as a whole
Client demands.
Work satisfaction
Pros
Great cafeteria
Cons
Client demands
All in all it can be great or it can be a nightmare
Emergency dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Montreal17 January 2018
Depending on your personality this will be great or it will be a nightmare. Middle management has some really bad apples and then some gems. It's a unionized environment which comes with it's own challenges. You start on night shift 'til new employees are hired and stay. There is very little turnover. The pension plan is pretty good so are the Insurance benefits. There is parking (free). It can become toxic though if you can't make abstraction of the drama and the above mentioned "bad apples". Otherwise it's pretty decent.
Pros
Nice Insurance plan, possibility to make $$
Cons
Current middle management/no advancement
Diversified US MNC
Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kuwait14 January 2018
-Fast paced work.
-Meeting contractors, consultants, clients.
-Prepare short term, med-term,long term demand plans.
-Ordering equipment to various factories.
-Liaison between design/development,Logistics, supply chain and factories.
Great group of people
Systems/Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK27 December 2017
I enjoyed working here, management was great. Everyone had a role to fill and fit into a niche. We were a tight knit group and everyone looked out for one another

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson Controls. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K