Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

Found 170 reviews matching the search See all 4,854 reviews
the hardest part of the job
Inside Sales & Service Administration (Former Employee) –  Annacis Insland, Delta BC1 November 2018
Customer complaints that were not followed up at for a long time. There was never a sense of urgency. the PO's had to be approved and confirmed in Mexico and the Invoices from Milwaukee.
Pros
close to home
Cons
not enough of Technicians
no comment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 October 2018
I have no comment. You will have to experience the work environment and culture for yourself to decide. You can make it whatever you want it to be despite it all.
Good entry experience
Senior Level 2 Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 September 2018
The company is a good place to start your career and develop your skills. Immediate manager/supervisors are very friendly and easy to approach.

Overall, the employees at JCI/Tyco are very professional.

That being said, the salaries and vacation policies (Canadian) might not be what you would expect from an international and reputable company of this scale. JCI does not seem to offer competitive salaries to their employees (at least from my experience), so negotiate salaries since the beginning, because it will be very difficult to fight for adjustment of it after you start.

Also, you may find new employees having a higher entry salary than people who've worked for 3 to 5 years (due to labor shortage), but the company has no plan (even when asked for) to review and readjust existing salaries.
Pros
Good managers and supervisors
Cons
Compensations, Vacation
fun
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON18 September 2018
overall it was a well oiled macheine everyone helped everyone and we all were like a big family the management took the time to get to know you and they made sure we were all happy
Pros
free discount cards
Cons
manditory 6 day weeks
Great
Industrial Millwright/Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Parry Sound, ON10 September 2018
Great place to work and always busy, but flexible when needed. Great employee attitude and benefits. Employees are treated very well and respected..
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 September 2018
- Friendly place to work.
- Work in a team
- Hours worked on job has to enter daily in order to have a proper payroll and cost of the each job.
- detail oriented of parts which are used on job.
Pros
Good workplace
Clean environment
Seat Technician (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON9 August 2018
Only 2 shifts available and it's rotating. Occasional overtime but not mandatory. Plant is very clean and organized. Salary is reasonable and benefits are very good.
Worst and terrible place. Discrimination it is normal practice there!
Ex employe (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 July 2018
this is the worse place to work, everyone hates it here, management treat employees like garbage. they don`t care about work life balance and the schedules they give you will make u wanna quit.
Calgary it is worst brunch of former TYCO company. Management has only top surface understanding of people management.Only relatives and friends has a support from them!!!
You stay here to pay bills.
Communications Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2018
unable to advance, grossly underpaid compared to other competitors in the same industry.

unable to save any extra money, good location and transit accessible, however coming to work here is not fun anymore.
about the company
Junior Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 June 2018
you work 8 hours that is not bad and usually always get your 40 hours , on call is very stressful . management doesn't help you very much . always make sure you look out for yourself because they are not there to help you . they are there to help the company and there assets
Pros
benefits and pension
Cons
unhealthy work environment
Telecommute is awesome
Energy Solutions Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CA20 June 2018
I work from home developing performance guarantee projects. Big learning curve but a great team. There are some issues with management but I think they are growing pains.
Great Co-workers
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON5 June 2018
I really enjoyed working at Johnson Controls.. I enjoyed my job making the Camaro seats. It was a real shock to find out that Johnson Controls was shutting its doors.
Pros
Great paying job
Cons
Losing my Job
Commercial Industrial HVAC Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 May 2018
I worked alone away from home and was compensated 10 dollars a day for food and accommodations. Not nearly enough. After helping out for a year was promptly dismissed without any consideration for what I had done.
Pros
Cons
Long travels with no pay. Garbage accommodations. What a joke. Glad to be done with them.
they do not care about their employees
Communication Coordinator (dispatcher) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2018
this is the worse place to work, everyone hates it here, management treat employees like garbage. they dont care abt work life balance and the schedules they give you will make u wanna quit. its all about seniority here, people who have been here for 10+ yrs dnt leave cause they can get whatever they want but if u are new u will get the worse shifts the worst hours no way of taking days off u dnt get anything
Pros
benefits are good
Cons
everything else
Good starting Job
HVAC Systems/Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon15 May 2018
Good starting job. I worked in the position i was in for nearly 3 years. The management was good and they did lots of training to ensure their technicians are prepared to work with their equipment and with their customers.

There was a mild negative teasing attitude about the organization. it led to people being negative in the workplace. Not the best situation to keep new people who are not willing to stoop to that level.

I was terminated for not being able to my work. I had an injury that was not covered by short term disability leave or long term disability leave. We came to a mutual agreement that i would be terminated so i could get my severance.
Pros
Benefits, Training, education, wages
Cons
negative work enviroment
Great Place
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON9 May 2018
This company was a great place to work. Sad that it is no longer open. The Plant Manager was great at the time. It was an amazing experience. If this company was still around, I would recommend.
great environment
Serviced fire extinguishers, general labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 May 2018
First go through the hazards in the workplace and make a report. Then you go on to your work for the day. You learn what you need to do and mostly do it everyday . Enjoyable because you know what your getting yourself into every day .
Pros
good pay, great hours
Brutally Toxic Workplace Environment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON29 March 2018
Unfortunately this was a terrible experience of a good working environment..
A 'team' spirit never encouraged or practiced by management, It was encouraged to tell on each other, throw people under the bus whenever you can. Management was entertained by this. Sick, toxic environment.
Great team
Liaison (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON24 March 2018
Starting shortly after opening truly a company that cared about it`s employee`s, lot of team building, promoted with the company.
Willing to go the extra mile when asked.
Pros
Team
Cons
downsize
Good Student Summer Position
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON17 March 2018
Was a good student summer position that allowed me to save for my future. Provided a different and exciting work environment that has allowed me to advance my skills and obtain new ones.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson Controls. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K