Johnson & Johnson Employee Reviews

Found 98 reviews matching the search See all 3,714 reviews
Not Recommended
Operator (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON17 February 2019
Don't join this company if you get a role here in Production/Processing. One of the most dysfunctional supervisors and managers you find here. Beware if you are working in midnight shifts because the supervisor in that shift is a very shady and a con-man. Micromanaging is at its best and rate of hiring/firing is very cyclical. Not recommended at all for long term career here.
Pros
Gym, Subsidized Cafeteria
Cons
Constant Micromanaging, No oppurtunity to grow.
Environnement de travail agréable propre et sécuritaire
formateur opérateur de chariot élévateur (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 December 2018
Environnement de travail agréable propre et sécuritaire. Création de document de formation,travail d'équipe implication santé sécurité connaissance syndicale formation de groupe
Pros
rabais sur les produits
Processing operator
Processing OPerator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON8 October 2018
Worst culture in all pharmaceuticals. . .
No accountability of work from selected personnels and ramdomly blamimg workers for their faults and mechanical errors.

No balanced work distribution amongst workers. Very unfair reviews and unjust management
Cons
Less pay, keeps on contract for long years and eventually one has to quit
Long time ago; probably no longer relevant.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 September 2018
My manager was great, but they've since farmed off most of the customer service out-country. Some odd quirks: fostered a culture of secrecy by promoting hiding information from internal and external auditors.
Poor mobility in finance organization in Canada
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2018
Finance organization mobility in Canada is lacking. Job definition and progression is vague. Standards on promotions are inconsistent. Organization is flat.
Company lacks diversity
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 August 2018
Overall the managers are professional however the company truly lacks both racial and gender diversity. The typical sales hires are Caucasian males, a few Asian males. Hardly any females and or other nationalities in their sales force.
Pros
professional environment
Cons
No diversity
Fun place to work at with a job and life balance.
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  CA21 August 2018
Great Experience and great team to work with. A typical day at work is mostly reporting and variance analysis, ad hoc requests and preparing for the month end closing activities.
Great opportunity for advancement
Oncology Patient Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, British Columbia21 August 2018
Work from Home Role. Great work/life flexibility. Great time management and data entry skills learnt. I gained amazing confidence from being offered such a great opportunity to advance in my working career. I was able to utilise past experience while learning new skills, and exploring parts of my own work ethic that i didn't have a chance to explore until that role. Supportive Team and Management. Great companies that worked along side us.

Hardest part was the fact i was living in a different country by myself, so I was lonely on that part.

The best part was that I gave it a go, tried something new and was pleasantly surprised with how well I handled everything.
Pros
work from home
Cons
Great perks and talented team
Contracts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON15 August 2018
Talented team, and an amazing level of engagement. Invests a lot of resources in research and development. Management encourages team work, and fosters collaboration.
don't go there, you will have to quit eventually.
packaging operator (Former Employee) –  guelph,on29 July 2018
unless you work in the office, you will never truly enjoy the place. Believe me, you will have to quit and move on in couple of years if you are skilled and hard working.
Pros
climate controlled working environment
Cons
full of braggers and poor management
Regulatory Affairs Intern (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON29 June 2018
Good culture, solid management. I loved working here. They really push their company culture, have company BBQs, summer fridays, flexible hours and coffee.
Challenging and Diverse Workplace
Legal Associate/Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON22 June 2018
Working at J&J is incredibly challenging but that is also what makes it so rewarding. The Consumer Healthcare Division has a broad portfolio of products and services which make for great variety in the advertising and other matters to handle which provides opportunities to grow and learn. However, there is no real line of succession for a law clerk within this organization which is partly why I left.

The legal team in Canada for the consumer business is small and consists of General Counsel, Associate Counsel and two law clerks.
Pros
Massages, dry cleaners and employee shop
Cons
Long hours and disconnect with US headquarters and Management
Its a great company to work for
Regional Sales Executive - JJHS (Former Employee) –  other18 May 2018
7. Compassion, respect, and understanding
8. Flexibility
9. Positive reinforcement
10. Emphasis on health, family, and environment
Pros
Excellent working environment
Cons
Several senior leader continue to break "Credo " every day get unnoticed by the senior leadership
Workplace Culture
Developer and Architect (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2018
Great place to work in, good work and personal life balance. Management is really helpful and good discussions on any requirement from business and functional perspective.
Internship
Supply Chain Intern (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON21 April 2018
It is easy to see why they are always rated one of the best employers to work for year after year during my internship. There is a work hard and play harder culture in this company.
Team work
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 March 2018
Great team effort and very friendly toward staff. Lots of team building exercises and assistance where needed. Very big on work and life balance and to keep the staff coming back.
Great place to work for the most part.
HR Service Rep, Recruit/Learning & Develop. Coord. (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2018
Johnson & Johnson is a great place to work in regards to work-life balance and room to grow. The only down fall is that it is an American company, and if your manager is located in the US then it may be a completely different experience.

For the first 2.5 years I worked there, my manager was located in Canada and my experience was wonderful. However, for the last 6 months I worked there, our manager left and we were transferred to a manager in the US. This is when things got really bad, as they do things completely different there then they do here, even though it is the same company.

I was treated very poorly, and they do not care about work-life balance or anything about you really. It is strictly all about numbers and the work and nothing else.
Calm working environment
Distribution Rep (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON12 February 2018
I worked for Johnson&Johnson for 3 years and I'd have to say that I really enjoyed my time there. My manager was very understanding and always made our 9am-5pm more enjoyable with his jokes etc. Co-workers are very respectful and help in anyway needed.
Pros
E-shop
Cons
Great company with a great culture
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON25 January 2018
Meaningful work with good people. J&J has a great culture with lots of opportunities for growth. Diversity is encouraged and investment is made in their employees.
Great environment to work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON28 December 2017
The support provided by self in this work environment was an accomplishment for self. The meeting with people from all walks of life made it enjoyable.
Pros
Job sharing module

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson & Johnson. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3