Johnson & Johnson Employee Reviews

Workplace Culture
Developer and Architect (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2018
Great place to work in, good work and personal life balance. Management is really helpful and good discussions on any requirement from business and functional perspective.
Internship
Supply Chain Intern (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON21 April 2018
It is easy to see why they are always rated one of the best employers to work for year after year during my internship. There is a work hard and play harder culture in this company.
Team work
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 March 2018
Great team effort and very friendly toward staff. Lots of team building exercises and assistance where needed. Very big on work and life balance and to keep the staff coming back.
Great place to work for the most part.
HR Service Rep, Recruit/Learning & Develop. Coord. (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2018
Johnson & Johnson is a great place to work in regards to work-life balance and room to grow. The only down fall is that it is an American company, and if your manager is located in the US then it may be a completely different experience.

For the first 2.5 years I worked there, my manager was located in Canada and my experience was wonderful. However, for the last 6 months I worked there, our manager left and we were transferred to a manager in the US. This is when things got really bad, as they do things completely different there then they do here, even though it is the same company.

I was treated very poorly, and they do not care about work-life balance or anything about you really. It is strictly all about numbers and the work and nothing else.
Calm working environment
Distribution Rep (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON12 February 2018
I worked for Johnson&Johnson for 3 years and I'd have to say that I really enjoyed my time there. My manager was very understanding and always made our 9am-5pm more enjoyable with his jokes etc. Co-workers are very respectful and help in anyway needed.
Pros
E-shop
Cons
Great company with a great culture
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON25 January 2018
Meaningful work with good people. J&J has a great culture with lots of opportunities for growth. Diversity is encouraged and investment is made in their employees.
Great environment to work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON28 December 2017
The support provided by self in this work environment was an accomplishment for self. The meeting with people from all walks of life made it enjoyable.
Pros
Job sharing module
Highly respected and fair
Specialty Sales Sr. territory manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 December 2017
Well renowned pharmaceutical company, perceived as high quality by health care professionals. Use the CREDO to enforce decision making resulting in good ethical choices.
Pros
Great reputation and quality products
Cons
Sales and Marketing might not be in sync
Agréable d'y travailler
Directrice de territoire, Est du Québec (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC13 December 2017
J&J est une compagnie qui offre d'excellentes conditions de travail. Il fait bon y travailler et les gens sont passionnés,
Par contre, puisque c'est une méga structure, le rythme est lent et les procédures étoffées. Il faut donc être à l'aise dans ce genre de structure pour s'y plaire.
Attentes de la compagnie ... fierté humaine
Opérateur (fin de semaine) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 November 2017
Là où il devait y avoir 2 employés, la compagnie en assignait 3 ... l'employé n'était pas une partie intégrante de la machine mais plutôt un humain devant gérer et contrôler un environnement de travail.

L'employé avait le temps d'analyser, de réfléchir et de permettre, grace à ses recommandations, l'amélioration de la sécurité, des équipements, des procédés, de la qualité des produits, de l'environnement physique, ... il y avait preuve de reconnaissance de la part de la direction.
Pros
Humanisme, conditions de travail, salaire, avantages sociaux, appartenance, ...
Cons
La séparation et le manque de transparence entre la Direction et les employés
wonderful company
RETAIL MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2017
such a wonderful company to work for. always treated fairly. always kept busy. loved the environment and all the people and things around me. such a great place.
Production
Operator (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON12 November 2017
The pay and benefits are good but no room for career advancement. Poor Management, Supervisors are not making actions for the concerns of employees...
Pros
Discount for products, gym
Incompetent, Over-sized Management
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Guelph,Canada13 September 2017
The most incompetent and over-sized management team you can ever work with. The number of management and engineering are TRIPLE the number of production workers. They are granted big salary and big bonus for their incompetent performance. They are truely micromanaging but have no clue to make a decision and always want to dump all responsibilities and faults to floor workers. This company wasted tons of money on useless managers and projects but when their business is going down (of course) they show no respect to floor workers include maintenance so the layoffs and benefit cuts always start from floor workers first even cut your safety shoes. Don't move your career DOWN there.
Pros
clean, air conditioned, pension
Cons
everything except pros
interesting work
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON29 July 2017
it is a very good learning environment. professional. some nice perks for purchasing products at a special discount. great human resources department.
Extremely respectful environment
Store Coordinator/Receptionist/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2017
The staff are friendly, easy to work with, Great place to work. There is a cafeteria on site that provide a hot meal every working day at a reasonable price.
Not impressed about the work culture
Distribution Services Representative and SAP (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON15 June 2017
I do not like to work here as i am continuing in the same position for more than 3 years, no value for education more importance for experience, good benefits and vaccation package
Challenging and stimulating job
Product Specialist, New Brunswick & PEI (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick and PEI11 May 2017
A lot of travel to different accounts. Very rewarding dealing with the medical/surgical field.
Management is helpful and supportive, but expects a lot in terms of numbers.
everyday is a different day variety was good!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2017
I would work 8-4.30, stay later if needed. In the morning, i was creating invoices for all the surgical instruments to send to hospitals the same day. Then send the letters from the director of sales, process all new contracts and adjustments on their file in our system.
My supervisor was amazing and i have learned a lot from her. We were working with a nice group and it made the job fun.

I cant say there was a hard part about the job, maybe try to keep your personal informations to yourself.

We were 6 Liaisons on the floor and I was the only one crossed-trained on all their jobs, i learned how to interact between departments, I would create memos for the customer sales representatives.

I really loved my job,i was always looking to go to work in the morning.
Best Pharama Compnay in the world
Very professional management
Sales
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2017
Great quality people
Great ongoing education and training programs
Great culture
Not a great place for advancements in your career
Management are approachable
Pros
Training
Cons
limited advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson & Johnson. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3