JOEY Yorkdale

JOEY Yorkdale Management reviews

Clear
Work-life balance

Need thick skin and positive outlook to work here

The work isn’ t all that stressful if you have a good tram around you, but firing my time there I found that a couple members of management were a bit toxic and abusive to the dish washers and line cooks. The environment became negative very quick for me and a lot of empty promises were made regarding pay raises and advancement in the company so I had to tale my efforts somewhere where they would be better appreciatied and rewarded.

Fun workplace, great staff, fun management, but side duties are long and wage as a shift leader is low

Overall a really fun place to work. Great team both FOH and BOH. Management team is great and are very engaging and upbeat. My only concern is the low salary with no chance for benefits as a shift leader and very long side duties as a server.

Fun workplace with great co-workers

on a regular day at work i would usually start around 12 pm and finish at about 10 pm, it would always be busy and so i would always work with a lot of energy. Working at Joey Yorkdale I learned how to improve my social skills and communication skills. I would have to communicate with the people working at my station in order to work efficiently. The management was extremely poor, the messed up my pay at one point, they begged me to go to work when i was a week into recovery of my appendix removal. My co workers were great people. So much fun to work with which made work really enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was the hours really, at one point i was finishing work at 2 am on a school night. The most enjoyable part of the job has to be working with the people i worked with. They made work enjoyable, always made sure I was in a good mood prior to work by making me laugh a ton in the break room, anytime I needed someone to talk to about anything they were there for me.

Pros

My co-workers

Cons

No time for myself on weekends