JOEY Yorkdale
JOEY Yorkdale Employee Review

15 September 2020
Love, love this place. Although the pandemic hit us hard, the working environment makes one want to come to work everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job is the willingness of everyone to collaborate, uplift and help each other.
3.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Standard of the Industry is Held in the Highest regard
Cons
no regular shifts ( understandable because of pandemic)
23 December 2019
Same roleSame location
Line Cook (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
The work isn’ t all that stressful if you have a good tram around you, but firing my time there I found that a couple members of management were a bit toxic and abusive to the dish washers and line cooks. The environment became negative very quick for me and a lot of empty promises were made regarding pay raises and advancement in the company so I had to tale my efforts somewhere where they would be better appreciatied and rewarded.
31 October 2016
Same role
Line Cook (Former Employee) - Yorkdale, ON
on a regular day at work i would usually start around 12 pm and finish at about 10 pm, it would always be busy and so i would always work with a lot of energy. Working at Joey Yorkdale I learned how to improve my social skills and communication skills. I would have to communicate with the people working at my station in order to work efficiently. The management was extremely poor, the messed up my pay at one point, they begged me to go to work when i was a week into recovery of my appendix removal. My co workers were great people. So much fun to work with which made work really enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was the hours really, at one point i was finishing work at 2 am on a school night. The most enjoyable part of the job has to be working with the people i worked with. They made work enjoyable, always made sure I was in a good mood prior to work by making me laugh a ton in the break room, anytime I needed someone to talk to about anything they were there for me.
Pros
My co-workers
Cons
No time for myself on weekends
22 July 2019
Same location
Server (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
ok place to work, lots of work. the money is ok. hard to get lounge shifts. the location is good they have really good food that you get for half price i believe
  1. Fast paced, adheres to their standards with regards to grooming, safety, sanitation.