JOEY Yorkdale

JOEY Yorkdale Employee Reviews

Love, love this place. Although the pandemic hit us hard, the working environment makes one want to come to work everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job is the willingness of everyone to collaborate, uplift and help each other.
Pros
Standard of the Industry is Held in the Highest regard
Cons
no regular shifts ( understandable because of pandemic)
The work isn’ t all that stressful if you have a good tram around you, but firing my time there I found that a couple members of management were a bit toxic and abusive to the dish washers and line cooks. The environment became negative very quick for me and a lot of empty promises were made regarding pay raises and advancement in the company so I had to tale my efforts somewhere where they would be better appreciatied and rewarded.
ok place to work, lots of work. the money is ok. hard to get lounge shifts. the location is good they have really good food that you get for half price i believe
Overall a really fun place to work. Great team both FOH and BOH. Management team is great and are very engaging and upbeat. My only concern is the low salary with no chance for benefits as a shift leader and very long side duties as a server.
JOEY Yorkdale BOH is a wild animal. It comes with its fun days and hard days. If you are into the cooking profession this is a great foundation place. Well structured and actually teach you a lot on how to run a business and cook.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
on a regular day at work i would usually start around 12 pm and finish at about 10 pm, it would always be busy and so i would always work with a lot of energy. Working at Joey Yorkdale I learned how to improve my social skills and communication skills. I would have to communicate with the people working at my station in order to work efficiently. The management was extremely poor, the messed up my pay at one point, they begged me to go to work when i was a week into recovery of my appendix removal. My co workers were great people. So much fun to work with which made work really enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was the hours really, at one point i was finishing work at 2 am on a school night. The most enjoyable part of the job has to be working with the people i worked with. They made work enjoyable, always made sure I was in a good mood prior to work by making me laugh a ton in the break room, anytime I needed someone to talk to about anything they were there for me.
Pros
My co-workers
Cons
No time for myself on weekends
  1. Employee reviews