JOEY Eaton Centre

JOEY Eaton Centre Employee Reviews

Joey was really fun learnt a lot, wages suck at the time maybe still not better today. Very competitive very fast paced and a lot to deal with........
Work was structured into a bi-weekly routine. I learned administration practices, human resources and payroll, cash responsibility and handling, as well as cultivated my organizational and time management skills. Management always listened to my thoughts and ideas and challenged me to strive for improvement through constructive criticism and feedback. The most difficult aspect of the job was a lack of the feeling of inclusiveness. As the Office Administrator, I was responsible for both the Front of House and Back of House employees, however I never felt as though I fit into either of those categories myself. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was the flexibility (hours, day-to-day tasks), ability to be responsible for my own development by making the choice to actively challenge myself, as well as the support I felt from my direct superiors and coworkers.
It was really fast paced and I really felt like I was constantly over working myself. Also the people I worked with were either a hit or miss. People were either really nice or mean. Management was also really exclusive, they don't really care about you that much, but they will be helpful when it gets super busy. Sometimes they could also be super intimidating.
Pros
free drinks, discount on the food when you eat there
I had worked there for just under a year, I had found the work to be far too much for the pay off, the only reason I had stayed so long was because of the people I had worked with and the environment. Most days I had loved the job, but I found it unnecessarily stressful, management had changed recently and the night team had not been very supportive, I was overworked, and not listened to. This company is a massive popularity contest.
A typical day at work means waking up rather early due to the prep hours, usually starting at 6:30 AM. Where usually a team would start off doing prep counts to know exactly what needs to be prepped, calculating the amount that needs to be prepped, and if its a priority. Management is slightly "different", there are many management positions, therefore quite a bit of people telling you what to do, sometimes contradicting each other. Apart from that, management knows how the business runs very well, thus taking the business to a successful level. As per the co-worker, one would find a very strong bonded family like environment, everyone is eager to contribute with their own skills.
JOEY is a company that invests in their employees that would like to work their way up. The trick with them though is learning to set boundaries between life balance and work. Don't work too hard or they will take advantage of you. Be very careful when going from hourly to salary as if you make more on hourly, you will make less on salary. When becoming a salary manager don't work overtime or they will take advantage of your kind nature to put in the work.
Pros
the courses they put you through when you become management
Cons
Long hours, not good pay
  1. Employee reviews