Joey's Only Seafood Restaurant Employee Reviews for Cook

3.1Pay & Benefits
Productive environment for improving experience.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, Alberta29 June 2014
A typical day at work had been for the most part busy, there was mostly always a task to be done be it cleaning the kitchen area, preparing daily foods and cooking, I learned how to better myself as a team player as well as a better cook.The owners seemed to care a great deal about the restaurant, management was solid for the most part and my co workers were most of the time as enthusiastic as i was, i seemed to get along with everyone.The hardest part of working at joeys was the winter months we recently had, the weather had people not visiting as much on weekdays as we were used to, it was a struggle to be as productive, which isn't exactly hard but it is the only down side to the job i could think of. The most enjoyable part of working at joeys the food, learning a new method to cooking i hadn't known before all the time honing in my skills as a cook in future careers, maybe even a chef.
Pros
Cooking experience, Team work experience
Cons
Short days not enough hours to give
Fun and quick paced environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta26 July 2012
A typical day at work always includes dealing with people. I learned to serve fish and chips to regular customers. The management were friendly and worked well with their employees. The hardest part of the job was during slow periods; however when hungry customers came by that made up for the slack. Overall it's a great place to start a career in the food industry.