Joey's Only Seafood Restaurant Employee Reviews

Joey's only seafood
Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 April 2019
I am going to miss working for them as they was a great people to work with and for unfortunately there are not many left in Edmonton but go to Manning crossing for Joey's Seafood
Pros
Great work
Cons
When it is slow
Fun place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON7 December 2018
I enjoy working here as my co-workers are a lot of fun. Regular customers make the job worth while. Management is great and the hours flexible. Overall a good place to work.
Pros
co-workers
Work environment
Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 September 2018
I enjoyed all the customers and staff and the owner was great and very helpful and a good person and the staff was great and the manger needed some more training but other wise it was a pleasant experience. And that
Pros
Discount of meals
Cons
Not being paid on time
Great learning experience
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Castlegar, BC9 September 2017
This was a fun job with amazing staff! I enjoyed the regular customers and learning about different foods and how they are prepared. It was a fast paced environment with a positive atmosphere.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long Overtime hours
Amazing
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Manitoba26 June 2017
Amazing people and a great culture, highly recommended! Great service and everyone works hard to put there full effort out there. No one slacks off and it's a wonderful environment.
Pros
Discount on meals
Busy and Clean Restaurant
Busser/Server (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB14 June 2017
It was okay. I didn't work here for very long. The manager was too controlling and sometimes did not schedule very many people causing a strain on the service. Iw as given a new job title with no warning or training which was very frustrating.
Pros
Family Atmosphere
Good workplace
Cook/Line Chef (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON13 August 2016
I learnt lots about the art of cooking. The staff was so nice and made me feel like family. The hours are great and they are very accepting of you and and who you are.
Cons
late nights
At the end of the day, it's like home. And home, is where the heart is.
General Manager & Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 May 2016
Working at Joeys has been ups and downs - a lot of both really. I more often than not put Joeys before myself & my personal life. There was so much room for personal and professional growth there I think that's why I thrived. It's set me up for my future pretty darn good. Small enough to know everyone, big enough to see someone different everyday. It's literally like my family, I love the staff and the work I did there. I miss it everyday!
Pros
Amazing Co-workers, Regulars, Decent shifts, Steady work
Cons
High stress
Great Work Environment
Casheir and Cook (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB5 January 2016
I spent many years working for Joey's Only Seafood Restaurant the owners and staff were always there to lend a helping hand with anything I needed
Pros
work around your schedual
Good place to work overall.
sous chef (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 October 2015
Very good hours and easy to get along well with fellow co workers. The pay was average and was overall a good place to work for someone who wants to be making money while still in high school.
Good learning experience in waitressing/serving.
Moose Jaw-Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK31 March 2015
Overall good experience building relationships with co-workers and/or customers. Part-time work during high school, it was definitely a learning experience for me and my first experience with waitressing/customer service.
dominos pizza
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON11 September 2014
enjoyed working there very nice place to work and nice environment
Fun place to work
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC31 July 2014
Was a good environment to work in. Customers became regulars so you got to know a lot of them. Everyone helped each other. Tips were good.
Productive environment for improving experience.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, Alberta29 June 2014
A typical day at work had been for the most part busy, there was mostly always a task to be done be it cleaning the kitchen area, preparing daily foods and cooking, I learned how to better myself as a team player as well as a better cook.The owners seemed to care a great deal about the restaurant, management was solid for the most part and my co workers were most of the time as enthusiastic as i was, i seemed to get along with everyone.The hardest part of working at joeys was the winter months we recently had, the weather had people not visiting as much on weekdays as we were used to, it was a struggle to be as productive, which isn't exactly hard but it is the only down side to the job i could think of. The most enjoyable part of working at joeys the food, learning a new method to cooking i hadn't known before all the time honing in my skills as a cook in future careers, maybe even a chef.
Pros
Cooking experience, Team work experience
Cons
Short days not enough hours to give
Friendly and welcomingly restaurant with really fun decorations.
Hostess and Busser (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 January 2014
The people who work in this restaurant are very friendly and easy to talk to and will handle all issues with tact. I think the most enjoyable part of this job is meeting all the fun people who work there because they are just so sociable and down-to-earth.
Fun and quick paced environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta26 July 2012
A typical day at work always includes dealing with people. I learned to serve fish and chips to regular customers. The management were friendly and worked well with their employees. The hardest part of the job was during slow periods; however when hungry customers came by that made up for the slack. Overall it's a great place to start a career in the food industry.
Joey's Only Seafood Restaurant
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON2 July 2012
I have worked for three years with Joey's as a Line Cook, as part of a hardworking team that supports a friendly and productive environment.

I have worked in all areas from kitchen to building maintenance, when needed I have assisted in other positions such as with events and large bookings, and servers when needed.