JOE JOHNSON EQUIPMENT

JOE JOHNSON EQUIPMENT Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews
Hours 8 hours per day, most enjoyed working environment, management was laid back. Fast paced, attention to detail a must, must be self motivated, training is overwhelming
Pros
Working environment
Cons
No seniority system in place
The hourly staff at Joe Johnson were fantastic to work with. The equipment is very interesting and unique to any other industry. The pace was very fast and never without challenges.
Lots of opportunities
Skills advancement

Advance your knowledge in the work field.

Advancement in other provinces and state side.

Always work to do and people to encourage you and help.

Great HR department with lots of work activities. Family supported.

Family based and support
Good place to work with a diverse selection of equipment coming through the door to work and learn on. Still has a family business aspect that make you feel welcome.
Excellent place to work. Management is willing to work with you for days off. Good group of people to work with, from front office staff to the techs on the shop floor.
place is a joke don't bother wasting your time they have no idea what they are doing or the people working there kids play ground
................................................................................
Pros
there are none
I was only there for a a short time but it was a very good work environment with great employees that offered a lot of assistance. It is great company to work for.
Great place to work, Excellent management and owners. Parts manager is outstanding at skills building, the company is very open with future plans and outlook.
Cons
1 year contracts only for Temp's.
Very busy and exciting atmosphere with a wide variety of mechanical .hydraulic and electrical challenges for the technical minded mechanics. Only negative is a couple grumpy old men who rate there value and abilities much higher than they are. Thankfully they have no effect on the overall good spirit of the place. I have found managers and support staff most helpful. Looking forward to many more years in the employ of JJEI
Pros
Good Good peaple
Cons
Nil
I really enjoyed working there and felt very welcomed by the staff (the management NOT so much). The staff really make that place great!
Pros
you put in your time and leave, great co workers
Cons
Management staff were cold and unapproachable
I enjoyed working there it was a good working environment with very helpful co-workers, very kind to each other were very helpful with customers and my self.
This is a good locally owned company. They foster a feeling of family with a one for all atmosphere.
Room for advancement if you fit in with the management team ideals.
I always enjoyed working with the different types of equipment
The people that owned the company and the people I worked with were great until the company grew to be too large

A good day at work was doing a new vehicle start up locally and a bad day was doing too much travelling
Pros
took the truck home
Cons
away from home too much
The most enjoyable part of the job, is to have a great contact with your customers and your employees, This is / was my main purpose for every day of my career.
Pros
Happy working place
Cons
nil
A typical day would be started very busy. City departments or business owners calling with equipment in need of repair. With the shop foreman priorities would be set. There are 6 technicians in the shop. I am responsible for quoting jobs, sourcing parts, supplying technicians with what is required to complete the repairs. I am in contact with customers regarding their unit. In the spring we had a night technician who was in charge of maintaining city units.
I also submit payroll for the technicians using the times that they are working on shop jobs. I collect payments and make bank deposits. I submit all warranty claims to the warranty department.

Best thing about the job is the constant learning. I work with amazing staff members who constantly share their knowledge. Technicians are very confident in their positions and work as a team, with me included.

Management is new to their positions, it is a growing period for our office. The most frustrating thing is the inconsistencies. One day a procedure will be done one way, the next the directions will be different.
Pros
Huge support team from all offices.
Cons
The environment dirty and dusty triggers allergic reactions