JOE JOHNSON EQUIPMENT Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great place
Lead Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 June 2018
Great place to work, Excellent management and owners. Parts manager is outstanding at skills building, the company is very open with future plans and outlook.
Cons
1 year contracts only for Temp's.
Busy and challenging
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Innisfil, ON13 April 2018
Very busy and exciting atmosphere with a wide variety of mechanical .hydraulic and electrical challenges for the technical minded mechanics. Only negative is a couple grumpy old men who rate there value and abilities much higher than they are. Thankfully they have no effect on the overall good spirit of the place. I have found managers and support staff most helpful. Looking forward to many more years in the employ of JJEI
Pros
Good Good peaple
Cons
Nil
Great Work Environment - Temp Position
ACCOUNTING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Inisfil and Barrie21 February 2017
I really enjoyed working there and felt very welcomed by the staff (the management NOT so much). The staff really make that place great!
Pros
you put in your time and leave, great co workers
Cons
Management staff were cold and unapproachable
productive and enjoyable
Summer Helper (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 February 2017
I enjoyed working there it was a good working environment with very helpful co-workers, very kind to each other were very helpful with customers and my self.
Productive and familial feel.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON17 January 2017
This is a good locally owned company. They foster a feeling of family with a one for all atmosphere.
Room for advancement if you fit in with the management team ideals.
it was really good until they grew too much
Assist shop mechanics (Former Employee) –  barrie ontario3 November 2016
I always enjoyed working with the different types of equipment
The people that owned the company and the people I worked with were great until the company grew to be too large
A good day at work was doing a new vehicle start up locally and a bad day was doing too much travelling
Pros
took the truck home
Cons
away from home too much
Parts department
Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 May 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job, is to have a great contact with your customers and your employees, This is / was my main purpose for every day of my career.
Pros
Happy working place
Cons
nil
Very fast moving and busy enviornment.
Service Advisor/Parts Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 October 2013
A typical day would be started very busy. City departments or business owners calling with equipment in need of repair. With the shop foreman priorities would be set. There are 6 technicians in the shop. I am responsible for quoting jobs, sourcing parts, supplying technicians with what is required to complete the repairs. I am in contact with customers regarding their unit. In the spring we had a night technician who was in charge of maintaining city units.
I also submit payroll for the technicians using the times that they are working on shop jobs. I collect payments and make bank deposits. I submit all warranty claims to the warranty department.

Best thing about the job is the constant learning. I work with amazing staff members who constantly share their knowledge. Technicians are very confident in their positions and work as a team, with me included.
Management is new to their positions, it is a growing period for our office. The most frustrating thing is the inconsistencies. One day a procedure will be done one way, the next the directions will be different.
Pros
Huge support team from all offices.
Cons
The environment dirty and dusty triggers allergic reactions