JNE Consulting Employee Reviews

3.1Pay & Benefits
2.4Job Security & Advancement
A pleasant place to work
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 February 2019
I have enjoyed working at JNE.
Very ethical work environment at every management level, great colleague work relations and flexible time makes it a place to enjoy coming to work every day.
Very dissapointing working here lots of lay offs. competative to keep your job
EIT (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 November 2017
You can learn alot here, however they have no loyalty when it comes to lay offs, they will hire for big jobs with no effort to keep you after it is finished. Fast work and borderline unsafe design conditions makes this place an employer to avoid.
Pros
Can learn from core staff
Cons
chances of survival very low, competative environment
A design company works for ArcelorMittal Dofasco
CAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 May 2016
Update drawings from existing, work with others.
Heavy industry design experience. Finished accurate works for concrete foundation, piling and steel platforms for dancer roll, bridle roll and post treatment.
Nice workplace
Mechanical & Piping Designer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 April 2015
Nice Workplace

Had fun drafting and working with several different design disciplines. Did not expect a layoff.

I would like to tell more as per the re-occuring error, but am merely just trying to apply for a job.
Positive Work environment
HR Assistant (Co-Op) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 January 2015
Though not the fanciest of offices or locations, working for JNE was a wonderful experience. They are homely and make you feel valued. They are very understanding if you need to take time off too. The owners are also such wonderful people as well.
Great company with good opportunities in a friendly environment
CIVIL & STRUCTURAL DESIGNER/ DRAFTER (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 June 2014
Provide drafting and design work for various Civil/Structural Engineering projects from initial work requests to final issued for construction drawings. I work in the clients office environment and use their standards and specifications and participate in their corporate meetings and events. Work with a great group of professional engineers and technologists in a friendly casual environment. The clients management is great, where I work directly under their supervision, which they have a open door policy with regards to communication and always makes me feel apart of the team even though I am a consultant. The hardest part of the job is stressing about having enough hours in order to fill a 40 hour work week, since lately I have been receiving limited budgets while maintaining the quality of work. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my designs fabricated, installed and used by others in order to make their job safer, more efficient and reduced costs during shutdowns which provides added value to the company. I have learned a great deal of knowledge, gained experience and acquired various skills which has made me a more productive and efficient worker.