JINYA Ramen Bar Employee Review

View all JINYA Ramen Bar reviews

Fun place to work, however the management wasn't impressive.
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2017
Jinya is a fun place to work, most of employees are really friendly and fun. I had a good time making connection with my co worker and my customers.

However, from the management perspective there is a lot of things that they need to improve such as benefits, salary, management structure etc.
Although Jinya location that I worked is a franchised so I don't know about any other location.

Overall I had a good time making friends here but was very disappointed on their management strategy; They need to treat and listen to their employees better, cause the owner plays favourite so good luck with that.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Bad management.

Other JINYA Ramen Bar Employee Reviews

UNDERPAID, stressful environment and unhelpful managers
Food server (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 September 2019
I worked there for a month in Jinya Burnaby, what I have earned is 12.7$/ hr, without any tips at all or no free staff meal. Although I only served Ramen there since I did not have SIR to serve alcohol.
According to the management, I have to pass a "writing test" and an "oral test " in order to get the tips, however, its really just up to the manager since the older workers never had any oral tests before. So I worked so hard, had to study so many hours after work. I was doing the exact duties as the others but I did not get any tips. I was a fast learner and hard worker. The manager let me work 5 days a week because i am a fast and great worker and they didn't have to share any tips with me. I quit after the 3rd time they failed me the oral test, how could someone only been there for 4 weeks have all the knowledge as the older ones. But that is NOT the reason to take their tips away!! This place is just not Friendly at all, some of the guys there are just mean, thinking they are soooo much better cuz they r the older workers. TAKE MY ADVICE AND STAYYYY AWAY if you wanna have a fair wage and a happy working environment!!!!!!
n/a
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 May 2019
The free lunches were great, but the breaks were a little on the short side. the work sometimes requires some heavy lifting but if one cannot do it alone, you can always get help
Pros
free lunches
Cons