JINYA Ramen Bar Employee Review

View all JINYA Ramen Bar reviews

UNDERPAID, stressful environment and unhelpful managers
Food server (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 September 2019
I worked there for a month in Jinya Burnaby, what I have earned is 12.7$/ hr, without any tips at all or no free staff meal. Although I only served Ramen there since I did not have SIR to serve alcohol.
According to the management, I have to pass a "writing test" and an "oral test " in order to get the tips, however, its really just up to the manager since the older workers never had any oral tests before. So I worked so hard, had to study so many hours after work. I was doing the exact duties as the others but I did not get any tips. I was a fast learner and hard worker. The manager let me work 5 days a week because i am a fast and great worker and they didn't have to share any tips with me. I quit after the 3rd time they failed me the oral test, how could someone only been there for 4 weeks have all the knowledge as the older ones. But that is NOT the reason to take their tips away!! This place is just not Friendly at all, some of the guys there are just mean, thinking they are soooo much better cuz they r the older workers. TAKE MY ADVICE AND STAYYYY AWAY if you wanna have a fair wage and a happy working environment!!!!!!

Other JINYA Ramen Bar Employee Reviews

n/a
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 May 2019
The free lunches were great, but the breaks were a little on the short side. the work sometimes requires some heavy lifting but if one cannot do it alone, you can always get help
Pros
free lunches
Cons
good place to work
Senior Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2018
it's a good restaurant to work, the work environment is good, the staff is nice and we always help each other when someone is busy.
customer are nice too.
good location, and always busy during dinner time
Pros
happy environment
Cons
no free meal