Jimmy the Greek

Jimmy the Greek Employee Reviews

Don’t

Applied for the server position, turned out I had to work in the kitchen, doing the prep, dishes at the same time. Always short-staffed that we had to stay past the our shift to help our co-workers. The only pro is probably 10% off on the menu??? And how ridiculous it was when they didnt let you take the day off on a friday even though you asked for weeks in advance.Co-workers are nice tho.Tbh it’s better to work at tims or mc donald.

Pros

Fun working environment

Cons

No employee benefits

Uncomfortable

Not the greatest and not the worst place to work but the environment doesn't make it the most comfortable place to work.My location is mostly constantly busy and customers can make stress levels go through the roof. Been here for 6 years and the colleagues are great to work with. This is not the sort of job for a new comer into the work force, and definitely not a job for anyone under 20. This is a job physically and mentally meant for people over the age of 20.

Pros

Free Food

Cons

Extreme Customer rush and Karens

Fun workplace

I have a goodRelationship with myCo workers and bosses.And never fight with anybody.Its like a family for me for my years in working with this family.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long hrs

highly recomend

about my working days at Jimmy was a great experience, n i love my job n i’m so happy, co workers are also cooperative, helpful n open to each others, its so great!

Friendly culture in a fast-paced enviroment.

I start learning soo good about their enviroment, then I begin to serve and earn and now i'm staying with this company for a long-term basis. First I just needed to learn fast and adopt their services and job culture as quick as I can, and I succeeded in it. Now i'm a PRO"" That's the biggest requirement they have which they want from us.

Good Place for Begen

You can start your career in Jimmy The Greek as a food server only if you are interested in Food Serving and want to satisfy your customer daily needs.

Fast-paced and collaborative job

Management was good, co-workers were nice and cooperative! Daily customers, were appreciative for when I first started working the job. Staff will do anything to help you reach your best.

It is a good place to get experience

There was good place to have experience,so i used to work at Yorkdale Mall,it was one of the busy store I have ever seen. Mostly it gets crazy busy on the weekends.

Positive workplace environment

The customer is always right! I have always considered myself a pretty patient person but working in retail really puts your patience to the test. Sometimes you will be put into irritating situations, but you have to stay calm, listen to the customer, not get frustrated and endure.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Long Hours

fun workplace

flexible but one of the managers is cheap and mean. you have to pay for your food and the break is not paid. not bad if you're just looking for a part tine job.

Kind coworkers and friendly workplace

Jimmy the Greek is an extremely welcoming workplace with a kind and diverse staff. The customers are usually always friendly and the work is easy once you get the hang of it.

Pros

Free food on your break and flexible hours.

Very friendly co workers

very fast pace because it's located at the mall, they taught me how to work as a team/group. i did lots of dish washing, preparing of foods, serving and order taking.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

get dirty alot

fun

• Take customer orders. • Manage orders and customer needs in a fast paced, high-volume fast food restaurant. • Provide fast, courteous customer service. • Keep food service areas clean.

Typical fast food work

It's your standard food-court fast food job. Fast paced. The food is VERY good, however, so that's a good thing. However, it takes a lot more work to prepare food as fresh as JTG does compared to other chains, so you do have to work a bit harder to earn the same rewards as you would get from working elsewhere. But they feed you, and the food is amazing.

I have a great experience in Jimmy the greek.

I am working over there just for weekend. Its really very nice place to eat and people really like to eat the chicken from there. my team memebers are very nice and helpful.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

short hours

Fun workplace

The hardest part about the job was when people weren't satisfied with their food. Some people may have come across as disgruntled and others may have been disrespectful. These food complaints go straight to the server who has no control over the taste of the food. However, with enough practice, there comes a time where you learn to deal with these conflicts in a resourceful manner.

Pros

Free Lunches

Good for first job

Had to do the bare minimum because I was only temporary. Good place to work. Has good benefits, but there was minimum work they had given me. Worked between 5-6 hours part time

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Minimum work

Good management and people to work with

I worked here for 5 years and they definitely helped me in terms of balancing my work and school. The people are all amazing to work with and it can be a fun job thanks to the people.

Decent place to work

It's always busy at this job especially because it's located at Cross iron Mills so my work here is always on a fast phase mode. Though this work requires you to move fast, it enhance my multitasking skills.

work

Everyday is the same. i dealt with alot of different people and i loved my job. was very fast paced and enjoyed communicating with people on a regular basis

Fun workplace

Very good business for working with new strategies and good challenges to learn. It has a good management with new strategies and motivated employees.

Pros

Workplace

Cons

Competitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jimmy the Greek. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement