Jimmy the Greek Employee Reviews

Positive workplace environment
FOOD SERVICE ASSOCIATE/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 September 2019
The customer is always right! I have always considered myself a pretty patient person but working in retail really puts your patience to the test. Sometimes you will be put into irritating situations, but you have to stay calm, listen to the customer, not get frustrated and endure.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
fun workplace
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON7 September 2019
flexible but one of the managers is cheap and mean. you have to pay for your food and the break is not paid. not bad if you're just looking for a part tine job.
Kind coworkers and friendly workplace
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON25 April 2019
Jimmy the Greek is an extremely welcoming workplace with a kind and diverse staff. The customers are usually always friendly and the work is easy once you get the hang of it.
Pros
Free food on your break and flexible hours.
Very friendly co workers
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 March 2019
very fast pace because it's located at the mall, they taught me how to work as a team/group. i did lots of dish washing, preparing of foods, serving and order taking.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
get dirty alot
fun
Food Server / Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 November 2018
• Take customer orders.
• Manage orders and customer needs in a fast paced, high-volume fast food restaurant.
• Provide fast, courteous customer service.
• Keep food service areas clean.
Typical fast food work
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON20 May 2018
It's your standard food-court fast food job. Fast paced. The food is VERY good, however, so that's a good thing.

However, it takes a lot more work to prepare food as fresh as JTG does compared to other chains, so you do have to work a bit harder to earn the same rewards as you would get from working elsewhere.

But they feed you, and the food is amazing.
I have a great experience in Jimmy the greek.
Cashier/Server (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 May 2018
I am working over there just for weekend. Its really very nice place to eat and people really like to eat the chicken from there. my team memebers are very nice and helpful.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short hours
Fun workplace
Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Erin Mills, ON28 March 2018
The hardest part about the job was when people weren't satisfied with their food. Some people may have come across as disgruntled and others may have been disrespectful. These food complaints go straight to the server who has no control over the taste of the food. However, with enough practice, there comes a time where you learn to deal with these conflicts in a resourceful manner.
Pros
Free Lunches
Good for first job
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2018
Had to do the bare minimum because I was only temporary. Good place to work. Has good benefits, but there was minimum work they had given me. Worked between 5-6 hours part time
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Minimum work
Good management and people to work with
Food Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON10 October 2017
I worked here for 5 years and they definitely helped me in terms of balancing my work and school. The people are all amazing to work with and it can be a fun job thanks to the people.
Decent place to work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 June 2017
It's always busy at this job especially because it's located at Cross iron Mills so my work here is always on a fast phase mode. Though this work requires you to move fast, it enhance my multitasking skills.
work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2017
Everyday is the same. i dealt with alot of different people and i loved my job. was very fast paced and enjoyed communicating with people on a regular basis
Fun workplace
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2017
Very good business for working with new strategies and good challenges to learn. It has a good management with new strategies and motivated employees.
Pros
Workplace
Cons
Competitive
Busy and always gave me something to do
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2017
During the lunch rush, it would get extremely busy. I enjoyed this because it kept me on my toes. However, management needed to improve and I needed more hours that they wouldn't give me. Being busy was the best part of the job.
Pros
Enjoyed working with the customers
Cons
Manager could not give me more hours
Cleaner, Cook, Server and Food (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON30 January 2017
Consisted of cleaning, food handling and serving, preparing food on the grill. Great customers and very productive use of my time.
Pros
free meal
Cons
short and few shifts
Great temporary part time job
Prep Cook/Line Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON17 January 2017
The owners are fantastic and great people. Most are the workers are great to work with. Good hours if you work hard and fast. Speed there is key. Small kitchen rewuiring you to prep, cook and dishes with having to do cash and serve customs when its busy. Overall a great experience until you feel like you could advance more or make more money. Then there is no room for advancement.
Pros
Free food, great owner who works along side you. Great experience
Cons
No room for advancement.
Need more work.
Dish-washer (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON10 November 2016
I wish i could get additional hours, but i just don't get selected and because of that treatment i will look for different work. The work is simple to do if you can scrub and chop.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Mangment is not great at understanding english
Very great place to work
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON3 June 2016
Working here was really fun, the staff was really nice to you especially the owner, there is no need to worry during rush hour because the workers make you feel at home and you don't need to worry about messing up or being nervous.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Nothing really
unreliable hours and decent place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON1 May 2016
The other employees are either very good people or very awful people. They expect a bit too much from one person. Also the amount of time you work there is unpredictable. The job on the other hand is easy, work environment is decent and you get paid minimum wage
The little things
Food Prep/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 January 2016
The food is good the staff are nice but a few too many health and safety violations for me to stay on as a staff member, lack of ladder safety, not sanitizing the dishes and the boss constantly bugging me for using hot water to wash the dishes but the worst offence I saw was the prepping of raw meat next to the salad the potential for cross contamination was too high.
Pros
The staff are enjoyable people to work with.
Cons
Management doesn't stress the need to follow kitchen safety guidelines.